My fellow Conservatives...please read this.

I'm positive the liberals will lampoon this thread mercilessly.

They would like nothing better than to witness the self destruction of the Republican party.

Simply ignore it.

They have their motivation....we recognize it...it is no threat.

Alinsky's rules only work if you allow yourself to be cowed by them.

I'd like to see the Republican party destroyed and remade to actually have conservative principals.

Please work on it!

Ok, so how about you now unpack your trojan horse and explain to us what 'conservative principles' means to you. (a liberal perchance?)

After action review: Don't nominate the loser who lost in the primaries to the last loser, as have the last two GOP losers.

Romney was an excellent candidate. He presented a wonderful vision for America. At the end of the day, the TMZ electorate got their way. Corruption won out.

The day Ben Franklin envisioned has come. The people have become so corrupt that a despot is needed to rule over them.

They would like nothing better than to witness the self destruction of the Republican party.

Simply ignore it.

They have their motivation....we recognize it...it will fail.

I for one would like to see the Republican party recognize the realignment that's taking place and adjust itself accordingly. As it is, they've set themselves up as slightly whiter, slightly richer, slightly dumber version of the Democrats. If they're not going to offer a real alternative, they shouldn't bother.
I don't buy that "slightly richer" part in the least....The Democrat Party is absolutely loaded down with bazillionaires like Jeff Immelt, Bill Gates, Hollywood celebutards, Wall Street banksters and the like.

To attract back the hordes of people the GOP has driven away over the last few decades, they need do nothing more than adopt into their message the the following four words: And we mean it.

Since Reagan, the only thing the GOP has meant is stupid wars and redistribution of wealth up the ladder. Everything else has just been flap-yap.

After action review: Don't nominate the loser who lost in the primaries to the last loser, as have the last two GOP losers.

Republicans need to nominate better candidates

Romney was a good candidate. Gingrich, Santorum, Cain and Paul were not

Allowing the Tea Party to swamp your primaries and run candidates who are an embarassment to your party is not a winning strategy
Paul was screwed out of the nomination by the Republican Party.

The natural kneejerk reaction it's to lash out, point fingers, distance oneself from defeat.

1. Media

2. Moderate 'RINOS'

3. Mitt

You need to start referring to the Social Cons as the Rinos. In fact, their not even 'conservative'. A true conservative embraces marriage equality and free choice in medical decisions like pregnancy.

Socials are now longer relevant in national politics.

Romney was an excellent candidate. He presented a wonderful vision for America. At the end of the day, the TMZ electorate got their way. Corruption won out.
Romney was a shit candidate, who lost in the previous primary to the previous shit candidate.

Next time around, Newt Gingrich, Michelle Bachmann, Dr. Ron Paul, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Herman Cain and John Huntsman should all be eliminated from consideration right off the top of the deck.

Allowing the Tea Party to swamp your primaries and run candidates who are an embarassment to your party is not a winning strategy

LOL ... uh, they did nominate Romney - your idea of 'good' candidate. He wasn't supported the Tea Party. He lost.

Wait - you're giving deliberately bad advice to the Republicans to trick them!!! You sneaky devil, you... :dev2:

The day Ben Franklin envisioned has come. The people have become so corrupt that a despot is needed to rule over them.

Speak for yourself. The rest of us will continue to work to create a better nation, with more oppertunity for all citizens.

Well, he was certainly screwed out of a role in creating the platform and a speaking spot....I strongly suspect that little bit of jiggery-pokery cost the GOP somewhere in the neighborhood of 3% - 8% of their total turnout.

Conservatism is dead in the United States. It's only chance of survival anywhere is to formally divide the country. The best thing conservatives can do for themselves is identify a hospitable nation and take their industry there. Just like Lot ran from Sodom, don't look back.

You guys need to all move to Texas and secede.

I for one would like to see the Republican party recognize the realignment that's taking place and adjust itself accordingly. As it is, they've set themselves up as slightly whiter, slightly richer, slightly dumber version of the Democrats. If they're not going to offer a real alternative, they shouldn't bother.
I don't buy that "slightly richer" part in the least....The Democrat Party is absolutely loaded down with bazillionaires like Jeff Immelt, Bill Gates, Hollywood celebutards, Wall Street banksters and the like.

To attract back the hordes of people the GOP has driven away over the last few decades, they need do nothing more than adopt into their message the the following four words: And we mean it.

Since Reagan, the only thing the GOP has meant is stupid wars and redistribution of wealth up the ladder. Everything else has just been flap-yap.
What has Obama brought us? The same thing. Obama hasn't closed GITMO like he promised. We still have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. You guys won't even ACKNOWLEDGE the fact that our troops are in Afghanistan only to protect the Opium Trade.

The Treasury Secretary and the Fed Chairman have looted Americas riches and placed us deeper into debt while enriching the top 1% and other International Banking interests. we're gonna' end up like Greece.

And you come in here crowing about how YOUR Banker Puppet candidate beat THEIR Banker Puppet candidate? :confused:

I supported Paul. But that's not true. He lost fair and square.

Of course. I'm just talking about public perception - the image Republicans have been pegged with. It doesn't much matter whether it's true or not. The Democrats sell themselves as supporters of civil liberties and defenders against corporate greed - both laughably wrong - but people buy it.

Still... as I said, I don't think the answer is for the Republicans to get better at lying than the Democrats. I think they should follow RP's lead and get better at telling the truth. People respond to that. It's what real leadership is all about.

The Republican Party will be fine so long as they figure out that having a more pleasing agenda will win people over. Kind of hard to win when you nominate a bunch of far right rape-advocates who seem to have come from another era.

If they can just drop their obsession with homosexuality and their denial of climate change and get on the right side of history like they used to be, they'll be fine.

As for Mitch McConnell, his derisive statement released last night is typical of an old, craggy, ass hole attitude about things that drives us away from a once great party.

Hopefully the right will elevate folks who enjoy reading, learning, facts and science again, because I can't take another round of all these Teabagging wingnuts who care more about making a point than in actually governing.

We have suffered a major setback...there is no denying that.

The natural kneejerk reaction it's to lash out, point fingers, distance oneself from defeat.

Instead, I would ask that you take time to process the election results and thoughtfully consider the ramifications of the election, the constructive criticism that you glean from that reflection, and how we can rectify the shortfall we suffered here.

What we need is an After Action Review, not a rerun of the Blame Game.

Defeat is a fork in the road...one path leads to internal destruction, the other to strength through adversity.

Today we choose...choose wisely.

Sage advice, Mo.

I wouldn't expect it to be taken seriously here in USMB hate central, but I have no doubt serious political thinkers in the GOP quite agree with you.

You know already, I suspect, that the LADIES vote made all the difference this time around, right?

Mitt and Ryan's obvious misogynist POV and policy proposals were just enough to give Obama the win.

I just hope the Liberalcrats don't have a hissy fit when all the corporations start laying off more and more workers due to the already weakened economy from Obama policies.

I don't want them to say a gotdamn shitty word, just eat the crow and say "YES I CAN"... because they asked for what's coming.

I can see the soup kitchens working overtime in 2013

:clap2: way to go Obamabots.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

I supported Paul. But that's not true. He lost fair and square.

Hmm... I'm not sure I'd go that far. It's fair to say that the electoral shenanigans at the end had nothing to do with it - he'd lost long before that - but the party establishment clearly wanted Mitt. And pull all kinds of strings to make it so.

Simply ignore it.

They have their motivation....we recognize it...it will fail.

I for one would like to see the Republican party recognize the realignment that's taking place and adjust itself accordingly.

<SNIP>

If they're not going to offer a real alternative, they shouldn't bother.

I tend to agree with the this part of your post.

I also think we have a major messaging problem.

I'm not anti-gay, I oppose gay marriage, but not civil unions.

I'm not anti-immigrant, I'm pro rule of law, opposing illegal aliens being rewarded.

I'm not anti birth control, I oppose FUNDING birth control.

I am pro-life, but I understand the reasoning for some exceptions.

I'm not a racist, but there are definitely parts of the inner city black culture that disturb me.

I'm not anti-education, I am opposed to our failed education system.

I'm not anti welfare, we need a safety net...I oppose paying welfare to those who are able to work but choose to leech off the government.

But the Democrats succeeded in their messaging. We failed to counter that effectively.

I expect the progressive to gloat....What makes me sick is the idiot Paulbot and liberaltarians gloating.....Well fools you win the booby prize of being as selfish as the progressives.

Forum List

Back