My Experience with a "Gummy"

I am a lucky bitch because I moved from Arkansas in 2001 on 9/11...
Good move. Where were you in Arkansas? I really enjoy Northern Arkansas, when I get over there. Missouri, not so much as most of the time I spent there was always on business.

Good move. Where were you in Arkansas? I really enjoy Northern Arkansas, when I get over there. Missouri, not so much as most of the time I spent there was always on business.
Rogers, Arkansass, it's overpriced since WalMart is in Bentonville which is right next to Rogers.

Toobs, my old Bulova Precision-Made Model 100 Clock Radio quit working.
It says ''To service tubes, disconnect line plug, remove two screws and 2 fasteners.''
Okay. Then what? Wtf...

Interesting. A Bulova desktop clock AM radio. Never saw one of those. Lesson One, if you want someone to see a post, direct it expressly TO them by REPLYING to them. You are lucky I saw this post only because I happened to return to the thread reading another post here and your pictures caught my attention.

Interesting but poor controls from the early days of plastics. Not sure where the actual AM Radio tuning knob is (maybe on the side).

I bet the thing has real nice sound though.

Quit working. Well, that could mean anything, maybe a bad cap. Does it have a hum? Did it sound distorted before it quit working? Does it even light? I get $150/hour for audio repair. The tube complement is right there on the back but good luck finding them NOS, they are not common audio tubes so will be hard to find. You need to test the tubes (I have a personal tube tester, but that doesn't do you any good) so you will need to find someone who can test them for you and probably recap the radio and maybe you'll still have a working antique. Probably cost your $350 to find someone to fix it for you unless you are lucky, about as much as the radio is worth working.

Interesting. A Bulova desktop clock AM radio. Never saw one of those. Lesson One, if you want someone to see a post, direct it expressly TO them by REPLYING to them. You are lucky I saw this post only because I happened to return to the thread reading another post here and your pictures caught my attention.

Interesting but poor controls from the early days of plastics. Not sure where the actual AM Radio tuning knob is (maybe on the side).

I bet the thing has real nice sound though.

Quit working. Well, that could mean anything, maybe a bad cap. Does it have a hum? Did it sound distorted before it quit working? Does it even light? I get $150/hour for audio repair. The tube complement is right there on the back but good luck finding them NOS, they are not common audio tubes so will be hard to find. You need to test the tubes (I have a personal tube tester, but that doesn't do you any good) so you will need to find someone who can test them for you and probably recap the radio and maybe you'll still have a working antique. Probably cost your $350 to find someone to fix it for you unless you are lucky, about as much as the radio is worth working.

I'll take it apart and give it a look inside later. Thanks.

I'll take it apart and give it a look inside later. Thanks.
A few tips:
  1. If you plug it in and turn it on and the clock runs and the tubes light but you just get a hum on the speaker, it might be a power supply capacitor gone bad with age.
  2. If the tubes are dark and there is no hum, it might be the power supply rectifiers.
  3. If the tubes light but there is no sound, it might be one of the tubes.
  4. If one tube looks blackened on top or doesn't light, it might be that tube.
Just remember that tubes run on high voltage and there could be 350 VDC floating around in there.
Beyond that, there isn't much else I could say short of letting someone with knowledge of electronic tubed circuits and test equipment look at it.
Either way, it wouldn't hurt to recap the power supply and replace any weak tubes if you really want to give the thing a new lease on life.
Let me know what you turn up.

A few tips:
  1. If you plug it in and turn it on and the clock runs and the tubes light but you just get a hum on the speaker, it might be a power supply capacitor gone bad with age.
  2. If the tubes are dark and there is no hum, it might be the power supply rectifiers.
  3. If the tubes light but there is no sound, it might be one of the tubes.
  4. If one tube looks blackened on top or doesn't light, it might be that tube.
Just remember that tubes run on high voltage and there could be 350 VDC floating around in there.
Beyond that, there isn't much else I could say short of letting someone with knowledge of electronic tubed circuits and test equipment look at it.
Either way, it wouldn't hurt to recap the power supply and replace any weak tubes if you really want to give the thing a new lease on life.
Let me know what you turn up.

Okay. Thanks. I didn't have time to mess with it today. I''ll take it out tomorrow, remove the back and take the guts out and hit it with some very light compressed air so I have a clean work area at the very least and see what kind if shape the capacitors and tubes are in. Capacitors are no doubt dried up or leaking as old as it is. I think it;s a '57 or a '59. Last time I had it on was around six months ago. I didn't notice it didn't work any more until I turned it on a couple a days ago. It's got no power at all. Could be just the cord or the plug. Dunno...

I was given a container of "gummies" called, "Ass kickers." I'm not sure why they were given to me. The person who gave them knows me pretty well, and said that I would "love" them.

They are about the size of the old Bazooka bubble gum. The instructions say to just chew them until they disintegrate in your mouth. They were sweet, but obviously had some chemical aftertaste. Not bad, just noticeable.

I took my first one before heading out to my bowling league yesterday. The league takes about 2-1/2 hours to finish three games, and I was feeling a little dizzy by the end of the third game. I drove home and the effects of the gummy were starting to become apparent. On my ten minute drive home, I found myself "lost" every two or three minutes. Looked around as I traveled down the road, and didn't know where I was. I knew that I couldn't be lost, actually, but still...I didn't know exactly where I was.

When I got home, I sat down for a snack and to watch television. I felt a little dizzy, and over a half hour or 45 minutes, I became extremely sleepy. I had to shut down the telly, head upstairs for bed. I had great difficulty finishing my shower and virtually crawled to bed and was dead to the world for the next 8 hours.

None of these sensations was the least bit pleasant. I was close to being nauseated.

What am I missing? This is something to be desired?
Your friend tried to poison you.

I was given a container of "gummies" called, "Ass kickers." I'm not sure why they were given to me. The person who gave them knows me pretty well, and said that I would "love" them.

They are about the size of the old Bazooka bubble gum. The instructions say to just chew them until they disintegrate in your mouth. They were sweet, but obviously had some chemical aftertaste. Not bad, just noticeable.

I took my first one before heading out to my bowling league yesterday. The league takes about 2-1/2 hours to finish three games, and I was feeling a little dizzy by the end of the third game. I drove home and the effects of the gummy were starting to become apparent. On my ten minute drive home, I found myself "lost" every two or three minutes. Looked around as I traveled down the road, and didn't know where I was. I knew that I couldn't be lost, actually, but still...I didn't know exactly where I was.

When I got home, I sat down for a snack and to watch television. I felt a little dizzy, and over a half hour or 45 minutes, I became extremely sleepy. I had to shut down the telly, head upstairs for bed. I had great difficulty finishing my shower and virtually crawled to bed and was dead to the world for the next 8 hours.

None of these sensations was the least bit pleasant. I was close to being nauseated.

What am I missing? This is something to be desired?

It’s called being high as fuck, brah.

Not true at all, you know exactly how you will react to them because you know the exact dosage of THC.
Not my experience.

and I don't know exactly how much THC is in a puff from my vape but I know I can control the effects in real time

Forum List

Back