“My dying words will always be, as it has been, ‘I am an innocent man’” - Ledell Lee, who was executed in 2017: New DNA evidence shows he was innocent

No one should be executed when there is a possibility that person is innocent
Even if the person killed someone dear to you? Of course i wont hesitate to put an asshole into the grave if they do harm to my family or me. I dont believe in "turn the other cheek", i am an eye for an eye, type of guy....Do unto others before they do unto you.....

That sucks, hope there's no riots
In Arkansas? Not likely but if it happens they won't last long. OTOH, if this article constitutes proof the state acted criminally, his family should sue and win.

I'm a supporter of Capital punishment but if there aren't at least a couple of eyewitnesses who agree on the person's guilt, I'd have no problem keeping them in prison for life.

In Arkansas? Not likely but if it happens they won't last long. OTOH, if this article constitutes proof the state acted criminally, his family should sue and win.
Yeah, but it is the tax payers who pay the penalty, maybe if we started going after the actually people involved in the criminality of unlawful arrest, then it would stop. Have you noticed that the murderer of 10s of thousands of elderly still walks free in New York. Send his butt up the river for 10s of thousands of life sentences with no parole..

The problem was that they rushed it through without doing a DNA test because their lethal injection drugs were going to expire. They could have exonerated the man, but they didnt. Someone should go to jail for this. I say keep the death penalty, but make sure there is irrefutable proof before executing someone.

I just did some reflecting on what is being said, and my problem is the case is old, the DNA is old, because of that, he still may have done the crime but the DNA wont match because of age. Like the glove over O.J.s hand that when OJ takes his medicine the glove fit fine. He didnt take the meds, so his hand swelled up.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Even if the person killed someone dear to you? Of course i wont hesitate to put an asshole into the grave if they do harm to my family or me. I dont believe in "turn the other cheek", i am an eye for an eye, type of guy....Do unto others before they do unto you.....
How many innocent people are you willing to kill to sate your bloodlust?

I don't believe anyone has the right to take the life of another outside of immediate self defense so I didn't support his execution in any circumstances.

Sounds like he was railroaded into a death sentence.

If there is ANY evidence, no matter how small or "insignificant", then his lawyer should have demanded a new trial with the DNA evidence from the POTUS office.

Sounds like his lawyer was a moron, or paid off by the other side.

Yeah, but it is the tax payers who pay the penalty, maybe if we started going after the actually people involved in the criminality of unlawful arrest, then it would stop. Have you noticed that the murderer of 10s of thousands of elderly still walks free in New York. Send his butt up the river for 10s of thousands of life sentences with no parole..
On the other hand...if the taxpayers have to pay the penalty then maybe it will make them think about their state's policy on the death penalty.

Sounds like he was railroaded into a death sentence.

If there is ANY evidence, no matter how small or "insignificant", then his lawyer should have demanded a new trial with the DNA evidence from the POTUS office.

Sounds like his lawyer was a moron, or paid off by the other side.

A lot of people on death row can't afford the good lawyers.

The problem with the death penalty is it is often unjust, inconsistent and innocent people end up getting killed.

The problem with the death penalty is it is often unjust, inconsistent and innocent people end up getting killed.
And it does not seem to be a deterrent. The criminal justice system is not supposed to be in the revenge business

New Topics

Forum List

Back