My dog is old

So, my doggie survived.

I gave her half a dose of doggie xanax before we left to see how she would do and it mellowed her out.

She was given a full dose on 4th of July and she stretched out in the grass like she was dead and freaked my neighbor out.

Thank you all again. :)

whoooohooo!!

I'm late to the thread and I'm so glad you had a happy ending. I'd kill for one more day one more breath from my dusty roads and bad ass. If your baby (your dog) is eating and still kicking and even if they are complete basket cases in old age (I had a cat Pyewacket who lived to be 20 plus and he was Mr. Magoo in the household but healthy) my thoughts are that I owe them for the companionship they have given me.

Good show Ravi. And I hope you had a wonderous vacation with your children as well.

Yours,

td

Now she's fallen and she can't get up. The last few times I was able to help her, but now she wants to bite me if I try.

if...if you believe now is the time to let her go and don't want to go to the vet, they will come to you. I won't bring my dog to an antiseptic environment like that when the times comes, she'll be home in our arms...

Now she's fallen and she can't get up. The last few times I was able to help her, but now she wants to bite me if I try.

Truly, I am so sorry. This is breaking my heart.

Please, don't let anyone else tell you how to handle this time. This is such a personal choice and each of us must do what we feel we can live with and what is comfortable for our fur babies, whether it be at the vet or in your home.

Tissue...? :(

facial_tissue_box2.jpg

These are reasons that I refuse to watch Marley and Me; my best wishes for the health of your long time companion. Doobie, my oldest dog, is ten years old now and he's really showing it. He can't jump off of the couch anymore because it hurts his joints and he's very rotund for his stick-like legs so it just gets bad.

I'm going to cry like a fucking baby the day he dies.

Again, my best wishes for many long years to come.

sigh...it is time.

I will never get over saying goodbye to my pets.

I'm so very, very sorry. I've been there, more times than I wish to count. It's a travesty that our beloved pets live such short lives. You are doing the right thing. Your beloved is counting on you to ease its suffering, and it will love you for an eternity because you have shared your heart and your love. Bless you, and bless your beloved pet.

I'm sorry. God I am not even that much of a dog person but they sure do get you.

She still enjoys her dinner.

So do I.

Not sure what to do with her while we are on vacation.

She may be miserable for 10 days or we put her down.

:confused:

That's a tough decision. Not many people want to burden others with a sickly animal to care for. A kennel might do the trick if the finances are not a great consideration.

Forum List

Back