My Dad Gave Me A Small Loan of A Million Dollars....It Has Not Been Easy

0.16 1982 1st time on Forbes 400 net worth $200 million claims $500 million
0.27 1988 net worth $1 billion. claims $3.74 billion
0.46 1996 net worth $450 million claims stock market assets alone worth that much
1.14 2001 net worth $1.8 billion claims $5 billion
1.30 2004 bankrupt net worth $2.6 billion
1.38 2006 net worth $2.9 billion
1.44 2012 net worth $3.1 billion
1.56 2015 net worth $4.5 billion claims much more than $10 billion

2 lousy minutes of video and you didn't pick up a shred of information.

So even on the low end, he turned $1MM into $4.5 Billion, right?

Not exactly, he used bankruptcy law four different times which means he used the peoples money also. The last time in 2014, he cut his debt from $285 million to $82 million. Pretty good payday when its all over.

Wrong. Bankruptcy isn't "using the people's money." The people's money is tax money, and bankruptcy doesn't involve tax money in any way.

Whatever isn't recovered in liquidation is absorbed by the creditors and becomes a tax deduction which the people end up paying for.

0.46 1996 net worth $450 million claims stock market assets alone worth that much

Not exactly, he used bankruptcy law four different times which means he used the peoples money also. The last time in 2014, he cut his debt from $285 million to $82 million. Pretty good payday when its all over.

Wrong. Bankruptcy isn't "using the people's money." The people's money is tax money, and bankruptcy doesn't involve tax money in any way.

Whatever isn't recovered in liquidation is absorbed by the creditors and becomes a tax deduction which the people end up paying for.

Since when are you allowed to deduct cancellation of indebtedness income?

Covetness and greed are in the eyes of the left today.

He grew up with money. Boo hoo. He is unqualified for other reasons. This is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Tax reduction for lower earnings.

Cut his debt by $200 MM (even assuming it was all his) so is that more or less than $4.5B?

Over 4 bankruptcies the sum becomes huge. 1991 was $675 million, 1992 was $550 million, I'm not sure of the date of Trump entertainment, but the restructuring was $1.9 Billion. Also no other major business in the United States has bankrupted that many times, so it either lays at the feet of his incompetence or rests upon his shoulders as accomplishment. Myself, I wouldn't invest in him.

Those amounts are meaningless because you haven't labeled them. What was $675 million, $550 million, and $1.9 billion?

He grew up with money. Boo boo. He is unqualified for other reasons. This is irrelevant.

Covetness and greed? I don't know a single lefty who utilized bankruptcy law to grow their fortune.

One used smuggling hooch to acquire his fortune. In other words, he acquired it though criminal means.

He grew up with money. Boo boo. He is unqualified for other reasons. This is irrelevant.

Covetness and greed? I don't know a single lefty who utilized bankruptcy law to grow their fortune.

No. You much prefer to have the government steal your fortunes for you. Take money from others and use it to pay your friends and campaign donors with special deals.

This campaign to demonize people because they earn more money is based solely on covetousness and greed. Heaven forbid someone have more of something than you do. It's not fair. Just not fair.

No. You much prefer to have the government steal your fortunes for you. Take money from others and use it to pay your friends and campaign donors with special deals.

This campaign to demonize people because they earn more money is based solely on covetousness and greed. Heaven forbid someone have more of something than you do. It's not fair. Just not fair.

I never stated anything even remotely close to your claim. That isn't demonizing by the way, it is criticism. When you are reduced to using the law to grow your fortune you aren't a financial wizard, you're a scam artist.

Cut his debt by $200 MM (even assuming it was all his) so is that more or less than $4.5B?

Over 4 bankruptcies the sum becomes huge. 1991 was $675 million, 1992 was $550 million, I'm not sure of the date of Trump entertainment, but the restructuring was $1.9 Billion. Also no other major business in the United States has bankrupted that many times, so it either lays at the feet of his incompetence or rests upon his shoulders as accomplishment. Myself, I wouldn't invest in him.

Those amounts are meaningless because you haven't labeled them. What was $675 million, $550 million, and $1.9 billion?

Those are the amounts he took into bankruptcy. That was the subject.

One used smuggling hooch to acquire his fortune. In other words, he acquired it though criminal means.

He never declared bankruptcy, or do you have a reading comprehension difficulty?

Tax reduction for lower earnings.

Huh? No, that's not how it works. Wait, bankruptcy might be different. And in any event it makes absolutely no difference in my life

Huh? No, that's not how it works. Wait, bankruptcy might be different. And in any event it makes absolutely no difference in my life
Except for the part where your taxes pay for bankruptcy courts. Unless you're saying you don't pay taxes.

But I do like the "No, that's not how it works. Wait, bankruptcy might be different" part. Might be a good idea to know what you're talking about before you post.

I never stated anything even remotely close to your claim. That isn't demonizing by the way, it is criticism. When you are reduced to using the law to grow your fortune you aren't a financial wizard, you're a scam artist.

And yet you vote and advocate for those who do again and again.

I'd much prefer people using the law to make their fortunes than breaking the law to make their fortunes.

Trump getting a loan from his father isn't against the law or a bad thing

What is "took into bankruptcy" supposed to mean? The truth is, you have no idea what the actual amounts involved were.

And yet you vote and advocate for those who do again and again.

I'd much prefer people using the law to make their fortunes than breaking the law to make their fortunes.

Trump getting a loan from his father isn't against the law or a bad thing

Do you have a proclivity to say things untrue? I don't advocate for any such thing.

What is "took into bankruptcy" supposed to mean? The truth is, you have no idea what the actual amounts involved were.

I imagine some day you'll figure it out.

Except for the part where your taxes pay for bankruptcy courts. Unless you're saying you don't pay taxes.

But I do like the "No, that's not how it works. Wait, bankruptcy might be different" part. Might be a good idea to know what you're talking about before you post.

Pay taxes for bankruptcy court? What!?

He never declared bankruptcy, or do you have a reading comprehension difficulty?

Oh, right, because we all know the declaring bankruptcy is far worse than profiting from a criminal enterprise!

ptcy

I imagine some day you'll figure it out.

Face it: you're an ignoramus who doesn't know jack shit bankruptcy or corporate finance.

Forum List

Back