My Cat Has A Lump In Her Ear

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
She doesn't seem to be in any pain as she didn't mind when we touched it, but if doesn't shrink or go away on its own we'll probably wind up calling the vet in a few days.

What kind of lump? Can you take a pic and post?

You might want to send the pic to your vet, just to be sure.
Waiting could be dangerous for kitty.

It's all the way in her ear and I don't think it would turn out that good otherwise I would. If it was outside on her ear it would be different,.. but like I said we aren't going to wait too long, just a few days after the weekend unless she starts showing signs of pain.

A lump in its ear?
Seriously?

Yeah,.. you make it sound like it's a stupid thing to be concerned about.

It's all the way in her ear and I don't think it would turn out that good otherwise I would. If it was outside on her ear it would be different,.. but like I said we aren't going to wait too long, just a few days after the weekend unless she starts showing signs of pain.

Yeah,.. you make it sound like it's a stupid thing to be concerned about.

You need to tell us about it.

I'm also wondering if a tick got into her ear and bit her. Even though she's not an outdoor cat, we go hiking a lot and have brought ticks home with us before that's why we treat her,.. however that wouldn't affect the ears.

You need to tell us about it.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about it but one I wanted to know if anybody knew anything about this and if their cat has ever had this happen to them before and two,.. if it was your dog you would be worried. How is a dog's life more important to you than a cat's even if you are more of a dog person. (Unless I'm mixing you up with somebody else that is.)

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about it but one I wanted to know if anybody knew anything about this and if their cat has ever had this happen to them before and two,.. if it was your dog you would be worried. How is a dog's life more important to you than a cat's even if you are more of a dog person. (Unless I'm mixing you up with somebody else that is.)

I wouldnt be asking if I didnt know where you were coming from.

I wouldnt be asking if I didnt know where you were coming from.

Oh so then that wasn't a sarcastic comment? Also for the record keep trying to convince the rest of the family that we should get a dog too, (as I love them both) but that will have to get a backseat if Jessie does wind up having to get surgery for this.

Same cat with the same issue?

No. Don't you read? She has an ear problem now,.. she hurt her leg before but that healed up quite a while ago. She's only about eight years old as well so that isn't that old for a cat.

I don't know because she's an indoor cat,.. but she will probably be seeing the vet after the weekend because I don't think it's an emergency if she's not in pain.

I don't know because she's an indoor cat,.. but she will probably be seeing the vet after the weekend because I don't think it's an emergency if she's not in pain.
Indoor cats can get ear mites too. AFIK ear mites are the most common cause of your cat's problem that you described.

And if it is ear mites, you should get any other pets in the house treated too at the same time because they probably have them too whether they are showing symptoms or not.

Ear mites are very contagious. And they are also microscopic, therefore you cannot see them with the naked eye. It's not like checking for fleas or ticks.

Indoor cats can get ear mites too. AFIK ear mites are the most common cause of your cat's problem that you described.

And if it is ear mites, you should get any other pets in the house treated too at the same time because they probably have them too whether they are showing symptoms or not.

Ear mites are very contagious. And they are also microscopic, therefore you cannot see them with the naked eye. It's not like checking for fleas or ticks.

Well right now I don't have any other pets, but thanks for the information.

Forum List

Back