Does Anybody Walk Their Cat(s)?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
We were just having a discussion about this at the campfire tonight actually. We never walk ours because for one she gets enough exercise inside our house, two we don't want her to be a door dasher,.. and finally three,.. I don't think it would work out so well because she would just lay down and decide that she's had enough and she hates being picked up and carried so,..

I have a carrier ...

main-qimg-0dab2e5eec334f8436d86a565dded0db-lq.jpg

We were just having a discussion about this at the campfire tonight actually. We never walk ours because for one she gets enough exercise inside our house, two we don't want her to be a door dasher,.. and finally three,.. I don't think it would work out so well because she would just lay down and decide that she's had enough and she hates being picked up and carried so,..

I tried, but I ended up dragging him down the street and back while my wife laughed her ass off on the porch.

We've been herding cats lately. PJ is fostering 3 kittens for the local shelter that got overrun with too many at once. We've had them about a month and box trained now (thank god) but now when she opens the door, the lil jokers are running wild through the house. Lexie the Shepherd is pretty tolerant, but they are really pissing off our full grown (totally intolerant) Siamese cat, who has boxed all their jaws daily when they get too close, but they keep coming back for more. Luckily, I think they go back next Thursday.

We've been herding cats lately. PJ is fostering 3 kittens for the local shelter that got overrun with too many at once. We've had them about a month and box trained now (thank god) but now when she opens the door, the lil jokers are running wild through the house. Lexie the Shepherd is pretty tolerant, but they are really pissing off our full grown (totally intolerant) Siamese cat, who has boxed all their jaws daily when they get too close, but they keep coming back for more. Luckily, I think they go back next Thursday.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with walking cats, but when you mentioned that you've been herding cats lately I thought of like when Border collies herd sheep and I'm just like; :confused-84:

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with walking cats, but when you mentioned that you've been herding cats lately I thought of like when Border collies herd sheep and I'm just like; :confused-84:
I wish. Herding cats is an impossible task, especially as kittens. Cute as hell though. Be glad when they are back at the shelter, but we'll miss the goofy lil jokers.

There are some cats that will follow their human wherever the human goes, but the cats like to choose their own paths. They are so much into the leash thing.

I wish. Herding cats is an impossible task, especially as kittens. Cute as hell though. Be glad when they are back at the shelter, but we'll miss the goofy lil jokers.

Oh come on you know you want to keep at least one of them. After all,.. your heart has to be made out of stone if this won't make it melt whether you're a cat person or not. :)

There are some cats that will follow their human wherever the human goes, but the cats like to choose their own paths. They are so much into the leash thing.

My cat follows me around but it's on her own terms.

I had a Himalayan cat for years and most nights we would take a little walk....but it was more like him walking me than me walking him....i just followed him...but the neighbors thought he was following me....told me he acted more like a dog than a cat....little they knew.

That cat actually changed my mind about animals...he convinced me there is much more to animals than most realize.

I decided not to get another cat....the pain of having to put him down due to kidney disease was something I did not want to go through again.

Strangely, right after he died 3 wild cats started coming to my back door....there are some woods behind where i live and I suppose they had been living back there....why they suddenly appeared is a mystery....anyhow I began to feed them.

They hang together.....I have never known cats to do that....but I am no expert.

A black one, a grey one and a orange one.

They are like clock-work.....and they expect to be fed on time.

It has been 4 years since I began feeding them....they lounge around in my back yard pretty much every day....but they are just about as wild as they ever were....will not let me touch them.

If I hold my hand out blackie will come close very carefully and sniff my hand....then he will sit back and make a swiping motion with his paw....then I hold my hand out and he pats it with his paw.

That is it.....completely un-tameable.

They have marks on their ears....little spots that have been nipped....a lady neighbor told me the city traps cats and neuters them and then cuts their ears a little.

She said the trauma of that probably has made them untameable.....cats never forget.

Years ago I had a former feral orange cat that would walk with me. I'd walk a couple of miles after work, usually at night when the weather was cooler. He was pretty much an inside cat by that time. I'd go out the door, and he dashes after me. OJ would catch up, trot 20 yards down the road, and lay down. I'd scratch his head, he'd wait until I was 20 or so yards down the road, then he'd pass me, lay down and we'd do it all again. He was pretty good at training me.

Years ago I had a former feral orange cat that would walk with me. I'd walk a couple of miles after work, usually at night when the weather was cooler. He was pretty much an inside cat by that time. I'd go out the door, and he dashes after me. OJ would catch up, trot 20 yards down the road, and lay down. I'd scratch his head, he'd wait until I was 20 or so yards down the road, then he'd pass me, lay down and we'd do it all again. He was pretty good at training me.

It's rather funny how it goes right? People train dogs. Cats train people.

Forum List

Back