My breakfast with JD Vance - Trump Flip Flopper Extraordinaire!

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Gotta love these Ivy League types who actually LOATHE Trump, but realize they must kowtow to his phony brand of populism in order to run for something (anything) as a Republican. But hey, at least JD is honest! :rolleyes-41:

“I’m not just a flip-flopper, I’m a flip-flop-flipper on Trump,” J.D. Vance says with a laugh, slicing into a half-stack of breakfast pancakes. The Hillbilly Elegy author and newly minted Republican Senate candidate is sitting at the counter of a Cincinnati diner on July 2, explaining why he thinks he can win.​
The prior evening, Vance had launched his 2022 bid at a steel-tube factory in his hometown of Middletown, Ohio, with paeans to the American Dream and blasts of populist rhetoric. “The elites plunder this country and then blame us for it in the process,” he told a crowd of several hundred.​
Trump is “the leader of this movement,” Vance tells me, “and if I actually care about these people and the things I say I care about, I need to just suck it up and support him.”​
Full:​

"we need a new politics for a new generation"

450 people showed up at his announcement rally. good crowd!

he got really passionate talking about immigration

watch here:

This is a great interview with JD Vance! (Back in 2016)

JD is obviously a smart dude - And while I may disagree with him about most things, he is to be commended for his honesty - Both then and now that he's decided to "suck it up". ;)

A lot of people think Trump is just the first to appeal to the racism and xenophobia that were already there, but I think he’s making the problem worse.

" During my final year at Yale Law, I took a small class with a professor I really admired (and still do). I was the only veteran in the class, and when this came up somehow in conversation, a young woman looked at me and said, “I can’t believe you were in the Marines. You just seem so nice. I thought that people in the military had to act a certain way.” It was incredibly insulting, and it was my first real introduction to the idea that this institution that was so important among my neighbors was looked down upon in such a personal way. To this lady, to be in the military meant that you had to be some sort of barbarian. I bit my tongue, but it’s one of those comments I’ll never forget. " - JD

Gotta love these Ivy League types who actually LOATHE Trump, but realize they must kowtow to his phony brand of populism in order to run for something (anything) as a Republican. But hey, at least JD is honest! :rolleyes-41:

“I’m not just a flip-flopper, I’m a flip-flop-flipper on Trump,” J.D. Vance says with a laugh, slicing into a half-stack of breakfast pancakes. The Hillbilly Elegy author and newly minted Republican Senate candidate is sitting at the counter of a Cincinnati diner on July 2, explaining why he thinks he can win.​
The prior evening, Vance had launched his 2022 bid at a steel-tube factory in his hometown of Middletown, Ohio, with paeans to the American Dream and blasts of populist rhetoric. “The elites plunder this country and then blame us for it in the process,” he told a crowd of several hundred.​
Trump is “the leader of this movement,” Vance tells me, “and if I actually care about these people and the things I say I care about, I need to just suck it up and support him.”​
Full:​

1626209416879.png

JD comes out swinging against Biden’s plan to push an amnesty in the next budget

E6TCk6tWYAglAlv

Forum List

Back