Dan Wesson Kodiak

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
I had been thinking about picking one of these up for a while, I already have a Delta Elite, but I like the performance edge that the longer barrel gives so I placed the order a few months ago, and it finally got here.

Still cleaning the oil off, but damn, the trigger is outstanding.

We are still getting snow here so I might just drop down to Carson City and use their 300 yard range to break it in.

Attachments

• 20240413_151927.jpg
    20240413_151927.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 2
Beautiful handgun, even if the MSRP is $2,499.00.

Kodiak - Dan Wesson Firearms
Yeah, it's a bit spendy, but quality costs. I'm willing to pay for quality. Now I want to see how it does on the range. I have 500 rounds of various loads, so I will be able to see what it likes, and doesn't like.

Yeah, it's a bit spendy, but quality costs. I'm willing to pay for quality. Now I want to see how it does on the range. I have 500 rounds of various loads, so I will be able to see what it likes, and doesn't like.

I haven't done any handloads for a 10mm because I don't have one yet. But I do look at commercial loads and load them up around their velocity, or a little lower for accuracy.

10mm is pretty impressive velocity and power-wise...

10mm Auto Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

I haven't done any handloads for a 10mm because I don't have one yet. But I do look at commercial loads and load them up around their velocity, or a little lower for accuracy.

I considered a 10mm of some flavor because, as you say, the ballistics are impressive but never "pulled the trigger" because I did not want to get into another caliber at this point.

A PCC in 10mm would be nice but selection is sorta limited.....The CMMG Banshee Mk10 is the most "AR" of the bunch.....Teamed with a Glock 10mm it would be a potent same caliber handgun/carbine combination.

CMMG-10mm.jpg

Last edited:

Most of the commercial loadings are pretty anemic. I have a bunch of the old Norma ammunition that is loaded to full spec. That stuff packs a wallop!

Forum List

Back