My Apology for thread on Hobby Lobby

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
I sincerely apologise to one and all who were offended at my having publicly stated my feelings about Hobby Lobby owners actions. I did say privately to some precious folks who wrote me about it that I'm not sure if I should have posted that publicly. If I feel that way in my own heart - then I can't apologise for that but saying it publicly? I don't believe that was the wisest thing I ever did. I did lose my peace about it first day I posted it. Then I asked Connery to take it down. Then he said some of ya'll wanted it opened back up. Then I thought well that is the will of God on that matter but now I don't believe it was. I believe there is wisdom in many counselors and am not afraid to admit when I am wrong. I feel I was.

I won't share who sent me what but truly you all are a wise bunch!

One more thing:

I feel I was too harsh in my belief Mr. Greens motive was anti-semitism - I believe it was the matter of how his company responded that brought such confusion to my mind about what was going on. Still........... I should not judge another mans servant. Only God knows Mr. Greens heart.

Mr. Green has the right to sell whatever he wishes in his stores as they are his stores. I understand Mr. Green has done many good things for others and that is nice. I never meant for this to turn into some political division or tool to be used against one side or another. I am sorry for that too.

As to my consideration of others:

I want to make it clear that if a store worker of mine had said to a Muslim, "We don't cater to you people here!" I would have asked the person who filed the complaint - which store, which employee was it, and then fired that person because no customer should be treated with such disrespect. All people should be treated with dignity and respect when shopping at a store whether or not the items they look for are available at that particular store. ( Which items are sold is completely up to the owner ) I am sure we can all agree on that at least?

A person I greatly respect said they thought the problem with Hobby Lobby was that they were generally tone deaf about how they came off and I believe that person said in one sentence more than I could say in a book but then again that person is alot smarter than I am!

My "other sin" was not thinking about the greater problems it would cause by my bringing it up on a message board and for that I repent and apologise. Including the religion angle. Of course this man has the right to sell whatever he sells in his stores and no man is loved by God anymore than any other man no matter what his religion is, whether he even "has" a religion and that includes atheists, agnostics, all means all. God loves us all. I hope my apology helps anyone who was offended by my actions. I do sincerely apologise. - Jeri

Last edited:
While I could have seen how someone could have been offended by your thread, I chose not to opine there. I figured you might be venting or something. I admire your ability to man up and apologize for what you deemed to be a transgression against the forum community. You've got my respect for that, Jerimiah.

(tips the hat)

-TK

Forum List

Back