my American-ized soul is having trouble accepting some of Marcel Lefebvre's ideas. But I'm doing so

I did listen. I disagreed with what you said, and I told you why.

Too many people believe everyone would agree with what they say if "they'd just listen".

I listened. I think you're wrong.
one thing is for sure. Nobody outside the Catholic Church (few anyway) KNOW what Catholicism even is

and yet they try to correct Catholics as they call it... try to preach at them, tell them their doctrines are wrong and etc....

First, b4 you can debate anyone on this, you have to KNOW Catholic doctrine, not some pastor's notions of what it is... or something you heard somewhere

that seems rather fundamental...

Turn the "question" and make it real: If this killer - who should be hated from everyone who has moral in your view to the world - will one day open the door of heaven for you - will you enter or will you prefer to go on your own free will to hell?
this Q is not worth my time

sorry

right.

There was a serial killer some years ago... not sure if it was the Green River killer or... it was the one who could have been on the Green Bay Packers (Whitefield? something like that) but I guess murdering people appealed to him more. In any case, he was a "born again Christian"

but I'm sure God can overlook serial murder... without even requiring repentance or expiation .. yep, "fully Christian"

and I'm sure he will go straight to Heaven when he dies.
Do you presume to speak for God? I don't.

Sure - and only the "sorry" had been a lie now. But do you know that the sentence "time is an illusion" - which is philopshically and scientfically discussed in many ways since Albert Einstein used this words as a consolation for the
????????????

one thing is for sure. Nobody outside the Catholic Church (few anyway) KNOW what Catholicism even is

and yet they try to correct Catholics as they call it... try to preach at them, tell them their doctrines are wrong and etc....

First, b4 you can debate anyone on this, you have to KNOW Catholic doctrine, not some pastor's notions of what it is... or something you heard somewhere

that seems rather fundamental...
I've picked up a few things here and there. While I have issues with Catholicism, I'm not interested in getting into them here.

I not. Jesus is a Jew, Mary is a Jew, Joseph is a Jew ... So where from comes you absurde idea Catholics think we are the only real Christians? Because the ox and the donkey had been Catholics?

A]
We get it from the Church that used to teach it but since Vatican II there's a lot of heresy floating around in the world...

we need to ditch Vatican II.. many clergy call it afailure and i am w/ them...

Again, not all protestants are entirely outside the Church Christ founded... If they believe essntially as the Church teaches... well, only God knows how he works with these people to get them to Heaven. but it can be presumed that thefirst thing he woiuld do toward that end would be to be to get them to HIS Church

so again, people always need to ask themselves

WHERE is the Church Christ established?

Where is it?

There is only ONE. "I will build My Church [not churches, plural] and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it"

Once u figure that out...

Not at all. You seem pretty sure the serial killer you were talking about is hellbound. That decision is not yours to make.
oh gee.... whoda thunk it?

in any case, I don't want to talk about such a disturbing thing anymore... and why would I? I just wanted to make the point that just bc someone had some religious or spiritual experience X number of yrs ago does not mean he is going to go staight to heaven when he dies.. esp after murdering several people.. that makes no sense. The Church teaches there is a purgatory so there is a purgatory.

We can trust Christ's Church

if you can't trust that, u can't trust anything or anyone

oh gee.... whoda thunk it?

in any case, I don't want to talk about such a disturbing thing anymore... and why would I? I just wanted to make the point that just bc someone had some religious or spiritual experience X number of yrs ago does not mean he is going to go staight to heaven when he dies.. esp after murdering several people.. that makes no sense. The Church teaches there is a purgatory so there is a purgatory.

We can trust Christ's Church

if you can't trust that, u can't trust anything or anyone
Looks like the Catholic Church believes there are some sins God is unable to forgive.

That's not what I was taught in Sunday School.

Forum List

Back