Mutiny! Navy secretary backs SEAL's expulsion review

The Military is NOT A DEMOCRACY........Something the Vice Admiral and the OP has forgotten or didn't know.

Just an informational note..the SecNavy is a civilian and is not in the military chain of command.
there is the chain of command--NOT the military chain of command
I think he is:
I was in the USMC --we had to know the chain of command
Navy Chain Of Command
Learn About the Navy Chain of Command and How It's Organized
Well, fair enough--I meant serving military..rather than the political elements. The President is commander in chief..but the Vice President..in NOT the vice commander in chief..now is he? LOL! More of a CiC in waiting...but you are correct--even if some of the political elements are more honorary...everyone kisses the SecNav's ass--and he rates a salute...but whether his orders would be lawful--when given to the Captain of a ship in wartime..during combat--would be a legal sinkhole.
the VP is in the chain of command
***yawn*** stuck on this are you? It's not as cut and dried as you might think...but no matter. I was speaking of serving officers--of which he is not...

Any comment on the OP? Just curious...I know I'll be sorry I asked...LOL!
your post:
Just an informational note..the SecNavy is a civilian and is not in the military chain of command.
..you can't admit you are wrong...yes, it is cut and dried ..you were talking about the CHAIN OF COMMAND
WTF ever....always yapping about minutia---and never about substance...total light weight.

there is the chain of command--NOT the military chain of command
I think he is:
I was in the USMC --we had to know the chain of command
Navy Chain Of Command
Learn About the Navy Chain of Command and How It's Organized
Well, fair enough--I meant serving military..rather than the political elements. The President is commander in chief..but the Vice President..in NOT the vice commander in chief..now is he? LOL! More of a CiC in waiting...but you are correct--even if some of the political elements are more honorary...everyone kisses the SecNav's ass--and he rates a salute...but whether his orders would be lawful--when given to the Captain of a ship in wartime..during combat--would be a legal sinkhole.
***yawn*** stuck on this are you? It's not as cut and dried as you might think...but no matter. I was speaking of serving officers--of which he is not...

your post:
..you can't admit you are wrong...yes, it is cut and dried ..you were talking about the CHAIN OF COMMAND
WTF ever....always yapping about minutia---and never about substance...total light weight.
the SECNAV IS in the chain of command--military and otherwise
plain and simple
it's RIGHT THERE

The Military is NOT A DEMOCRACY........Something the Vice Admiral and the OP has forgotten or didn't know.
The OP..that being me...am well aware of that--but what you seem to have forgotten..or never knew..is that the SecNav is NOT part of the military..he is a civilian..and is NOT subject to military law or discipline. thus, he is free exercise his office..for as long as he has one.

Rebellion in the ranks? Looks like another job opening soon!

Exclusive: U.S. Navy secretary backs SEAL's expulsion review, despite Trump objection

Here's the thing--The President is the Commander-in-chief--and he can do what he wants..but the opinion of your peers is important in the SEALS..and a slap in the face by a review board..no matter Trump's actions after--would be a slap in the face to both Gallagher...and Trump.

It seems the Navy is being a bit petty.

What's next. Stamping his meal card "No Dessert"?

your post:
the SECNAV IS in the chain of command--military and otherwise
plain and simple
it's RIGHT THERE
You stupid piece of shit..I acknowledged that 5 posts ago! Part of the chain of command..and serving military..are not the same thing.

Obama did a lot of damage to this country in many ways. Purging the upper leadership of the military of the men with balls and replacing them with pussies, queers, affirmative action shitheads, transsexuals and Libtards is one of the worst things.

Thanks goodness Trump has the courage to do the right thing.

anyone displaying the confedeRAT flag instead of the American flag is a traitor.

Here's the thing...there's a reason for peer review--only those who have been there..at the pointy end..are competent to judge---and if they have issues..not that I'm saying they do--it means something. Not in law..or to Gallagher's pension...but to his rep--if a President who has never served...must continue to ride to his rescue...even in the face of his peer's disapproval--well--that says a lot.

You see, your opinion..my opinion--even the President's opinion..means little to those who serve...but the opinion of their brothers and sisters-in arms--means quite a bit. IMO.

I don't think so.

This is a vindictive chain of command trying to punish this guy AFTER they failed to convict him of a serious crime, they convicted him of a minor infraction and tried to take his rank and pension. When Trump slapped that down, they got vindictive and try to take his earned decoration..

The OP..that being me...am well aware of that--but what you seem to have forgotten..or never knew..is that the SecNav is NOT part of the military..he is a civilian..and is NOT subject to military law or discipline. thus, he is free exercise his office..for as long as he has one.
And his boss is who...........................He can be fired today.............and the Vice Admiral can be fired as well.

Here there are slots for personnel in Antartica.........

The NAVY has been given an order...........re=instate Gallagher..........IT WASN'T A REQUEST.

The officers involved are definitely active duty, and the SecNavy (while NOT active duty) can be fired...

But tell the SecNavy not to worry... According to Vindman, Ukraine is hiring!!!
Here's the thing...there's a reason for peer review--only those who have been there..at the pointy end..are competent to judge---and if they have issues..not that I'm saying they do--it means something. Not in law..or to Gallagher's pension...but to his rep--if a President who has never served...must continue to ride to his rescue...even in the face of his peer's disapproval--well--that says a lot.

You see, your opinion..my opinion--even the President's opinion..means little to those who serve...but the opinion of their brothers and sisters-in arms--means quite a bit. IMO.
So thanks for saying your opinion doesn't matter...

As a vet, I can respect that...
LOL..fuck off dipshit! I spent 6 years in the Navy...so kiss my ass. I do recall saying YOUR opinion means little as well..and now..even less than that.
So you spent 6 years in the Navy, and don't understand the chain of command???

The CinC gives the orders, and the SecNavy (and the commanders) carry them out...

If they refuse, they do it at their own peril (according to the UCMJ, for service members)...
Nope..you're wrong..simple as that...perhaps it is YOU who don't understad how the chain works. The SecNav is under no military obligation to obey the CiC. None. He is not a serving officer. He serves at the pleasure of the President..and can be fired..but not ordered or compelled.

I don't think so.

This is a vindictive chain of command trying to punish this guy AFTER they failed to convict him of a serious crime, they convicted him of a minor infraction and tried to take his rank and pension. When Trump slapped that down, they got vindictive and try to take his earned decoration..
Actually..they are just seating a review board..they've taken no action..and it is within the realm of possibility that they would exonerate him.

And his boss is who...........................He can be fired today.............and the Vice Admiral can be fired as well.

The NAVY has been given an order...........re=instate Gallagher..........IT WASN'T A REQUEST.
Nope...it was a tweet. LOL! For sure..it appears that the Navy is taking this to the last mile..as an expression of their displeasure.

I don't think so.

Actually..they are just seating a review board..they've taken no action..and it is within the realm of possibility that they would exonerate him.
That is a flip from the start of this..............

Why anyone would want to serve when our own gov't frags our military for killing the enemy is beyond me..........

Politics have no place on the battlefield..........all they do is get people killed..............The Politicians wanted heads on the platter to POLITICALLY APPEASE Afghanistan.........................complete joke.

Nope...it was a tweet. LOL! For sure..it appears that the Navy is taking this to the last mile..as an expression of their displeasure.
There job is not to buck the CNC...........They were given an order........and lucky they are not on the way to a shit assignment already.

The officers involved are definitely active duty, and the SecNavy (while NOT active duty) can be fired...

But tell the SecNavy not to worry... According to Vindman, Ukraine is hiring!!!

LOL..fuck off dipshit! I spent 6 years in the Navy...so kiss my ass. I do recall saying YOUR opinion means little as well..and now..even less than that.

The CinC gives the orders, and the SecNavy (and the commanders) carry them out...

If they refuse, they do it at their own peril (according to the UCMJ, for service members)...
Nope..you're wrong..simple as that...perhaps it is YOU who don't understad how the chain works. The SecNav is under no military obligation to obey the CiC. None. He is not a serving officer.
I actually stated that the UCMJ applied to service members (which brings up the possibility of a courts martial if THEY wilfully disobey an order)...

I didn't state that it applies to the SecNavy, but HE can definitely be FIRED if he refuses to obey an order from the President...

Nope..you're wrong..simple as that...perhaps it is YOU who don't understad how the chain works. The SecNav is under no military obligation to obey the CiC. None. He is not a serving officer.
I actually stated that the UCMJ applied to service members (which brings up the possibility of a courts martial if THEY wilfully disobey an order)...

I didn't state that it applies to the SecNavy, but HE can definitely be FIRED if he refuses to obey an order from the President...
For sure..and is probably on his way.....

Obama did a lot of damage to this country in many ways. Purging the upper leadership of the military of the men with balls and replacing them with pussies, queers, affirmative action shitheads, transsexuals and Libtards is one of the worst things.

Thanks goodness Trump has the courage to do the right thing.

anyone displaying the confedeRAT flag instead of the American flag is a traitor.

I served in combat under the American flag. Did you?

Sounds like some SEALS are bucking for a plum assignment in Antarctica...

They want to work on CNN or MSNBC...
Shit.....I'd rather go to Antarctica
At least THERE, they could have interesting people to hang out with...
FB_IMG_1574460614504.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back