Must See: 14 Year Old Oklahoma Girl Makes The Record Books With 16 Point Buck Kill (Atta Girl)

Jesus Christ, that’s a monster! I’ve been hunting for a long time and haven’t taken anything even close to that.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Oklahoma girl takes shot at the record books with 16-point buck

I don't understand the point thing. Is it the number of vertical projections of the rack?
Antler racks are usually somewhat symmetrical, each side on this one has 8 points. Every protrusion ending in a "point" is counted, a total of 16 points.

Jesus Christ, that’s a monster! I’ve been hunting for a long time and haven’t taken anything even close to that.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Thank God she took those rare genetics out of the breeding herd from that rare buck so large and so adept at survival and fit to pass on those great genes to his sons and daughters.

Way to go. Well, at least they got 15 minutes of fame. Next time think of your and everybody else's future hunting forays...

In Maine, if a lobster is large and meaty, they're required by law to throw it back. The logic is that older, larger, healthier animals possess some great trait that allows them to survive to that size while other's perished instead. And they are the more prolific breeders. I guess fishermen in Maine like to keep working.

Gosh I love logic. I really wish other people did too..

Here's a thought. Next time, shoot a photo of the 16-point buck and then shoot the little 6 pointer standing next to him. You won't get your name plastered all over the internet, but you will have better and better deer to hunt as the decades roll on.. A younger buck is more tender on the dinner table too..

Last edited:

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

While I'd never hunt myself, being pretty content with store-bought animal flesh (tastey tastey murdered flesh) I don't have a big problem with it. Whether a predator animal did it or a person, I'm forced to admit I don't see it mattering a heckuva lot. If people against hunting aren't proposing we go kill all the lions and bears and whatever else might prey upon prey-animals, I don't think the no-hunting agruements have any merit beyond tugging on emotional heartstrings.

I can't say hello to a neighbor without a fair to middling chance they hunt. One of my fave neighbors in fact I know for a fact does hunt, with his 3 young daughters, one of whom recently made her first kill and they bbq'd it up the night of their hunt. I congratulated her (is a little kid, what would you do throw a bucket of red paint on her?) Figured long as they eat it, or someone does, whether people or animals killing animals is moot.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Thank God she took those rare genetics out of the breeding herd from that rare buck so large and so adept at survival and fit to pass on those great genes to his sons and daughters.

Way to go. Well, at least they got 15 minutes of fame. Next time think of your and everybody else's future hunting forays...

In Maine, if a lobster is large and meaty, they're required by law to throw it back. The logic is that older, larger, healthier animals possess some great trait that allows them to survive to that size while other's perished instead. And they are the more prolific breeders. I guess fishermen in Maine like to keep working.

Here's a thought. Next time, take a photo of the 16-point buck and then shoot the little 6 pointer standing next to him. You won't get your name plastered all over the internet, but you will have better and better deer to hunt as the decades roll on..

A buck of that size and physical dominance has already rutted at least a dozen does. Keep your Northeast Coast insanity out of the discussion. That entire part of the country is whacked in the head.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

While I'd never hunt myself, being pretty content with store-bought animal flesh (tastey tastey murdered flesh) I don't have a big problem with it. Whether a predator animal did it or a person, I'm forced to admit I don't see it mattering a heckuva lot. If people against hunting aren't proposing we go kill all the lions and bears and whatever else might prey upon prey-animals, I don't think the no-hunting agruements have any merit beyond tugging on emotional heartstrings.

I can't say hello to a neighbor without a fair to middling chance they hunt. One of my fave neighbors in fact I know for a fact does hunt, with his 3 young daughters, one of whom recently made her first kill and they bbq'd it up the night of their hunt. I congratulated her (is a little kid, what would you do throw a bucket of red paint on her?) Figured long as they eat it, or someone does, whether people or animals killing animals is moot.
Great post. I agree.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Here's a thought. Next time, take a photo of the 16-point buck and then shoot the little 6 pointer standing next to him. You won't get your name plastered all over the internet, but you will have better and better deer to hunt as the decades roll on..

A buck of that size and physical dominance has already rutted at least a dozen does. Keep your Northeast Coast insanity out of the discussion. That entire part of the country is whacked in the head.
Bingo. I hate non-hunters who think they know everything about hunting and conservation.

I see the deer wasn't armed, thats a fair hunt, only hope it had was to run away.
I don't understand the whole trophy thing for killing an animal just because it has a big set of antlers.
Go kill a animal that if you miss with your gun, the animal fights back, that is a trophy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sometimes the thing might charge you after you hit it. I shot a deer with a weak arrow once and the thing was only 15 feet away and I was on the ground.

Hunters have been mailed walking up to a kill before it's killed.

I see the deer wasn't armed, thats a fair hunt, only hope it had was to run away.
I don't understand the whole trophy thing for killing an animal just because it has a big set of antlers.
Go kill a animal that if you miss with your gun, the animal fights back, that is a trophy.

Do you buy meat at the grocery store?
Do you have anything from the grocery store mounted on your wall?
You're bitching about hunting deer, well at least the deer has a chance and more often than not outsmarts the hunter. Cattle are bred to be slaughtered, herded their entire lives, and lined up at a meat processing plant to have their head secured into a harness and killed by a bolt gun. If you eat meat, you are a participant in this process and a hypocrite for criticizing deer hunting.
That is a wild assumption that all deer hunters field dress and have the meat processed. Many hunters can't fucking shoot straight. And then they are too lazy to chase down and finish a wounded animal. I know about this from growing up in the west. Don't fucking preach to me about something you probably know very little about. Something I am very familiar with.
You grew up in the west....west LA? West Detroit?
I actually did grow up in the West side of Detroit.

You're bitching about hunting deer, well at least the deer has a chance and more often than not outsmarts the hunter. Cattle are bred to be slaughtered, herded their entire lives, and lined up at a meat processing plant to have their head secured into a harness and killed by a bolt gun. If you eat meat, you are a participant in this process and a hypocrite for criticizing deer hunting.
That is a wild assumption that all deer hunters field dress and have the meat processed. Many hunters can't fucking shoot straight. And then they are too lazy to chase down and finish a wounded animal. I know about this from growing up in the west. Don't fucking preach to me about something you probably know very little about. Something I am very familiar with.
You're full of shit. Lie somewhere else leftard.

You're full of shit. Lie somewhere else leftard.
I would rather consume an animal that is raised free range than eat a cow that lives and dies in fear

To the twit:

You have no idea what "many" hunters do. Every hunter I've hunted with has been very ethical, seeking to minimize suffering, and they are excellent shots, aiming for an angle that perforates the heart and lungs and causes rapid death. You get all your information on hunters from brainwash websites like PETA.

Heart and lung? That's an amateur. Below the ear into the brain. If you can't make that shot then you're just a kid who needs to have their guns taken away. The shot you are describing could result in a painful and prolonged death of the animal you fucking stupid idiot. I bet your buddies throw food on the ground and then climb into tree blinds with their guns, too
Yup. You definitely don't know shit about hunting. Thanks for clearing that up Carlos Hathcock.

Do you hang cow heads on your wall?

To the twit:

You have no idea what "many" hunters do. Every hunter I've hunted with has been very ethical, seeking to minimize suffering, and they are excellent shots, aiming for an angle that perforates the heart and lungs and causes rapid death. You get all your information on hunters from brainwash websites like PETA.

Heart and lung? That's an amateur. Below the ear into the brain. If you can't make that shot then you're just a kid who needs to have their guns taken away. The shot you are describing could result in a painful and prolonged death of the animal you fucking stupid idiot. I bet your buddies throw food on the ground and then climb into tree blinds with their guns, too
Yup. You definitely don't know shit about hunting. Thanks for clearing that up Carlos Hathcock.
All I know is I love getting out to my spot and finally settling in. Then I hate that time before the sun comes up. You hear a million things and a deer could be 10 feet away but you won't know till the sun comes up.

Then the sun comes up and you can finally see. You see a deer but it's too far away. You grab your weapon and you scope it. It gets closer and closer.

You don't know how many fail stories I have. I made a noise, movement or they smell me. What a rush.

Ive never seen an 8 point or better while hunting. On our hunting property we have an 8 point rule. Leave the 6 points alone.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Here's a thought. Next time, shoot a photo of the 16-point buck and then shoot the little 6 pointer standing next to him. You won't get your name plastered all over the internet, but you will have better and better deer to hunt as the decades roll on.. A younger buck is more tender on the dinner table too..
The rack size isn't determined by genetics dip shit. It's determined by age nutrition and environmental factors. You leftards really should learn to shut the fuck up when you don't know what you are talking about. Because just when we think you couldn't be any fucking dumber; you prove us wrong.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

The rack size isn't determined by genetics dip shit. It's determined by age nutrition and environmental factors. You leftards really should learn to shut the fuck up when you don't know what you are talking about. Because just when we think you couldn't be any fucking dumber; you prove us wrong.
I didn't know either. So now I don't need to feel bad killing a buck on Saturday. I was thinking I wanted to give him a chance to pass on his good genes but you say it doesn't matter. A 4 point buck can produce a ten point son as long as the son gets old enough, eats right and ....

What do you mean environmental factors?

Water availability during antler formation. The minerals dissolved in the water. Amongst other things.

Forum List

Back