Muslim Dignity Restored By Monetary Settlement / Remove Head Scarves For Mug Shots?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
A Muslim woman was stopped for speeding in 8 Mile, Michigan & eventually arrested (reason unknown).

At the police station she was physically searched by a male police officer (a no-no), and her head scarf was forcibly removed for her mug shot.

The woman proclaimed her dignity had been stolen / lost because she had to remove her hijab for her mug shot after breaking the law.

So, based on the claim of 'religeous freedom' can Muslims dictate special policy for them, in this case not having to remove their head covering for a mug shot?

Back to the woman's 'stolen dignity' - don't worry - The Council on Islamic American Relations (CAIR) rolled in and got it back for her. who knew a Muslim's dignity could be BOUGHT BACK?!

Yup, CAIR squeezed the police until they agreed to pay the woman and CAIR to drop the case...and to change procedures specifically for women. Muslim women no longer have to remove their hijabs for mug shots.
- Good luck trying to find criminals on wanted posters when all you can see is their eyes. :p

Again, based onthe claim of 'religeous freedom' can Muslims dictate special policy for them, in this case not having to remove their head covering for a mug shot? SHOULD THEY EVER BE FORCED TO REMOVE THEM?

In a case in an Australian prison, a Muslim woman attempted to kill a fellow inmate with a pair of prison garden shears she had hidden in her head covering.
- Who knows what could be hidden...

I believe is a Muslim woman is arrested she should be searched by a female officer and her mug shot taken by a female with at least 1 other accompanying female officer present...with the hijab removed for the photo.

What say you?

Last edited:
The article says the woman's Hijab was removed for the mug shot.
This makes no sense because the Hijab is just a scarf that covers the hair and neck of the person wearing it. So her face would be totally viewable which is why mug shots are taken..... mug = face
Article doesn't mention if the muslim woman was wearing the Niqab. (face veil) and that would need to be removed for a mug shot. Which is a very controversial issue the higher courts need to rule on.
Where the muslimah (muslim woman) has a strong case against the police dept. is being physically searched by a male officer.

It seems a bit ironic to me to talk about "dignity" when the very reason she was wearing the scarf was to show her subservience to Muslim men, and display that she was compliant like she is expected to be.

and those Muslim men who punish them physically if they resist the male dominance are just doing the same thing, I'm sure.
Might wanna clean up your own backyard before pointing a finger at others.
Statistics say that there are 20+ incidence of domestic violence per minute in America and 1 in 3 women will experience physical sexual abuse in their lifetime.

Nigab covers the face.
All coverings that prevent positive suspect identification should be removed.

This is the burden of an open, and egalitarian culture.

There are aspects that must be respected in order for a culture to operate cohesively.

This includes unobstructed profile pictures, and any unique tattoos, scars, or birth marks.

If certain subcultures cannot abide by these basic rules then they should seek ones that respect their specific cultural needs.

Any deviation creates a separate, unique, set of rules for one, and not the others.

In short...take the covering off...get your picture taken...and move on.

All coverings that prevent positive suspect identification should be removed.

This is the burden of an open, and egalitarian culture.

There are aspects that must be respected in order for a culture to operate cohesively.

This includes unobstructed profile pictures, and any unique tattoos, scars, or birth marks.

If certain subcultures cannot abide by these basic rules then they should seek ones that respect their specific cultural needs.

Any deviation creates a separate, unique, set of rules for one, and not the others.

In short...take the covering off...get your picture taken...and move on.

I agree. Who knows where she's from. People are also identified with photos including driver's licenses and passports in Muslim countries. She's simply wrong.

Last edited:
Might wanna clean up your own backyard before pointing a finger at others.
Statistics say that there are 20+ incidence of domestic violence per minute in America and 1 in 3 women will experience physical sexual abuse in their lifetime.
Probably because they can report them without fear of retribution.

Honor killings?

In many Muslim countries women are raped for traveling/walking alone....let alone failing to wear a hijab.

Equally as horrid, local, and provincial courts provide little more than a slap on the wrist in many nations.

Even supposedly advanced ones like Turkey.

Don't sit and preach about subservience to God, and not man...when MAN violates those who do not observe God's law.

Probably because they can report them without fear of retribution.

Honor killings?

In many Muslim countries women are raped for traveling/walking alone....let alone failing to wear a hijab.

Equally as horrid, local, and provincial courts provide little more than a slap on the wrist in many nations.

Even supposedly advanced ones like Turkey.

Don't sit and preach about subservience to God, and not man...when MAN violates those who do not observe God's law.

Honor killings are just murder and treated as such. You watch too much TV. Women shop, visit, go to jobs and schools, pick up their children.

Honor killings are just murder and treated as such. You watch too much TV. Women shop, visit, go to jobs and schools, pick up their children.
Bullshit...I knew an Afghan Air Force pilot who was murdered by her uncle because of her duties in the military.

She was 20 years old.

I don't watch any TV.

Honor killings are a real thing...

Bullshit...I knew an Afghan Air Force pilot who was murdered by her uncle because of her duties in the military.

She was 20 years old.

I don't watch any TV.

Honor killings are a real thing...

Afghanistan has been at war since 1974. What did you expect? Americans also murder wives and sweet hearts. Doesn't represent the Muslim world.

Afghanistan has been at war since 1974. What did you expect? Americans also murder wives and sweet hearts. Doesn't represent the Muslim world.
You don't get to pick and choose.

Dearborn Mi is not thew entire Islamic world.

The fact is that MUCH of the Islamic world is back as F.

You have Muslim women in Jakarta who don't wear hijab, niqab, or any covering and receive no backlash, as long as they are not in Mosque.

However, a couple hundred miles away in Aceh they will take cane lashings for not wearing a covering in public, as dictated by a sharia court.

So turning a blind eye and pretending that honor killings, rapes, and violence toward women in the Muslim world is a result of "Too much TV" is horseshit.

This is not without personal knowledge.

I have spent years in the Muslim world, and have traveled to many other locations.

On the whole I hold a VERY high opinion of Muslim people.

They have been lovely to me.

But we all have our issues.

No TV required.

You don't get to pick and choose.

Dearborn Mi is not thew entire Islamic world.

The fact is that MUCH of the Islamic world is back as F.

You have Muslim women in Jakarta who don't wear hijab, niqab, or any covering and receive no backlash, as long as they are not in Mosque.

However, a couple hundred miles away in Aceh they will take cane lashings for not wearing a covering in public, as dictated by a sharia court.

So turning a blind eye and pretending that honor killings, rapes, and violence toward women in the Muslim world is a result of "Too much TV" is horseshit.

This is not without personal knowledge.

I have spent years in the Muslim world, and have traveled to many other locations.

On the whole I hold a VERY high opinion of Muslim people.

They have been lovely to me.

But we all have our issues.

No TV required.
Me too. Nearly 2 decades in Arabia, Kuwait and Libya with lots of trips to Iraq, Iran, Lebanon and Palestine. I loved it.

Forum List

Back