Musk Censors BBC Doc Critical of India's PM on Twitter - no free speech in India

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Perhaps somebody should define what "free speech absolutism" actually means ?

It seems to mean caving in to dictators at the first sign of a threat.

Ethnic cleansing seems to be the very area that we need free speech. Would Musk have censored news of the holocaust at Hitlers diktat ? Of course he would.

What a humbug this fat faced fucker is.

If you wish to do business in other countries you abide by their rules.

Abide or refrain from doing business there. Businesses choose to do business.

If you wish to do business in other countries you abide by their rules.

Abide or refrain from doing business there. Businesses choose to do business.

At which point businesses and societies decide "we have to violate our principles and thus we stand for nothing" until you reach the point in which your own nation is like theirs.

He should at least communicate with government leaders why free speech is so important. Allow them some official government sources to provide counter arguments. History has shown that some principles are worth fighting for.

Without basic civil liberties on a free global platform, companies are in effect capitulating to those whose values we may not agree with today, but could slowly reflect at home tomorrow.

At which point businesses and societies decide "we have to violate our principles and thus we stand for nothing" until you reach the point in which your own nation is like theirs.

What Twitter does in India doesn't change things here.

He should at least communicate with government leaders why free speech is so important. Allow them some official government sources to provide counter arguments. History has shown that some principles are worth fighting for.

Because they care? LOL

We expect other countries to do what we will not? Our government spies on us. We know it. they continue to do it and lie about it and what do we do? Nothing, but we expect more from other countries?

Without basic civil liberties on a free global platform, companies are in effect capitulating to those whose values we may not agree with today, but could slowly reflect at home tomorrow.

Maybe we need to clean up our own yards first?

What Twitter does in India doesn't change things here.

Because they care? LOL

We expect other countries to do what we will not? Our government spies on us. We know it. they continue to do it and lie about it and what do we do? Nothing, but we expect more from other countries?

Maybe we need to clean up our own yards first?

Sure, maybe. That doesn't mean values and principles based on civil liberties don't matter. Leaders of good businesses can play a role around the world.

Hes in a financial hole isnt he ? He cant afford to lose any business.
Maybe free speech is only for Americans ?

This is the problem, he needs to stop the bleeding and India is a huge market.

I'm sure BBC doesn't appreciate it. Nor should average citizens who prefer transparency and truth.

This is the problem, he needs to stop the bleeding and India is a huge market.

I'm sure BBC doesn't appreciate it. Nor should average citizens who prefer transparency and truth.I would imagine our govt is putting pressure on them.t
The BBC is going out on a limb with this doc. I imagine our govt is putting pressure on them. They are desperate for a trade deal with India.
Modi is quite an unsavoury character.

Sure, maybe. That doesn't mean values and principles based on civil liberties don't matter. Leaders of good businesses can play a role around the world.

Only be engaging IMO.

Anecdotal stories are just that. I do not expect anyone to accept this for anything other than what it is.

We think people of other countries are ignorant. That they do not know what is being done. They do.

Where I worked we opened a plant in China. We sent workers from here to train the Chinese to do these jobs. (I turned them down as I could not understand why anyone would do this).

There are some aspects of this manufacturing that is easy and some very labor intensive. What we found to be the case is despite the stereotype of Chines workers being robots they were not. They refused to do the labor intensive jobs. Why? Because they knew we were getting paid very well to do the jobs and they were not.

Those jobs are still being done here. We had a problem maintaining a work force there because come time to harvest crops, the workers would just walk off to tend to their crops. Their pay was not enough to keep them there working.

We do not have to "lead", the people elsewhere already know. Change can only come from within.

The BBC is going out on a limb with this doc. I imagine our govt is putting pressure on them. They are desperate for a trade deal with India.
Modi is quite an unsavoury character.

Too many people in positions of authority are unsavoury characters. It will lead to the demise of the West and much of civilizations until we experience another Renaissance Period.

Hes in a financial hole isnt he ? He cant afford to lose any business.
Maybe free speech is only for Americans ?

That's up to the people of other countries?

Did we change Iraq? No

Did we change Afghanistan? No.

Perhaps somebody should define what "free speech absolutism" actually means ?

It seems to mean caving in to dictators at the first sign of a threat.

Ethnic cleansing seems to be the very area that we need free speech. Would Musk have censored news of the holocaust at Hitlers diktat ? Of course he would.

What a humbug this fat faced fucker is.
LOL of course Tammy would be all upset about Narendra Modi. He doesn’t care for Muslims. Tammy wants Muslims to take over every nation, not just his own UK, but India too.

So be honest for once Tammy, you don’t give a shit about free speech, you just hate any kind of nationalists like Modi who is a Hindu nationalist.

Where are Tammy’s threads on Twitter censoring anyone who spoke out against election fraud, or their censoring of people who talked about vaccine injuries?

LOL of course Tammy would be all upset about Narendra Modi. He doesn’t care for Muslims. Tammy wants Muslims to take over every nation, not just his own UK, but India too.

So be honest for once Tammy, you don’t give a shit about free speech, you just hate any kind of nationalists like Modi who is a Hindu nationalist.
I thought that you would be against free speech.

Forum List

Back