Music that samples from movies or television

Alan Stallion

Civil Rights Advocate
Dec 17, 2009
San Jose, California
A thread for songs that sample from movies or television (or other media)

For example...

Samples from: Star Trek (the Original Series)
What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy) - Information Society

A thread for songs that sample from movies or television (or other media)

For example...

Samples from: Star Trek (the Original Series)
What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy) - Information Society

I thought I had seen every original Star Trek episode, but they were long before this band arrived on the scene. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the theme of the thread?

BIg Audio Dyamite does much media sampling...

Samples from: Fistful of Dollars, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Duck, You Sucker!, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Medicine Show - Big Audio Dynamite

From Citizen Cane

The White Stripes *The Union Forever*

"While some songs make subtle references to their cinematic inspirations, others are much more straightforward. The White Stripes' song "The Union Forever" is directly connected to "the greatest movie ever made," Citizen Kane. First and foremost, the title of the song is a reference to the moment when Charley is playing in the snow and shouts "Union Forever" just as his parents are cutting ties with him. Furthermore, a great many of the songs lyrics are quotes from Citizen Kane. Overall, The White Stripes wrote the song simply because of lead singer Jack White's love of the film."

Thy almost got the whole song in on this scene...

As an aside, and just some useless trivia, as I'm reminded of it, that Ferrari Daytona Spyder was actually a body kit on a C3 Corvette.

Forum List

Back