Music that reminds you of someone who pass away.

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, this song reminds me of moments with a friend of mine who left too early two years ago and I miss him terribly:( , we liked to listen to good music together every week-end, I think of him every day.

Share the music !

I just logged out and saw this and got dragged back in.
I'll think of one quickly, because I have a yard to mow before Marco gets here ( if he swings our way).

Steve Smith was a guitar player some high school bands
back in Ohio called Rex Salvage and Beginning's End......he committed suicide a few years after we graduated - don't know all the details except he jumped off a bridge over a girl - from what I heard. The crazy part for me - that girl was a chick I went to the Yes concert with in 1979......Anyway at the time I heard about his death, I had long since moved and heard it through the grapevine.

They had some originals and covers- here's one of those that always reminds me of them. (They did a more rocking version of it -more guitars) rip Steve .....you should be out mowing too man. Rest in peace bro.

I was at work when the hospital called to tell me my mother passed away. This was playing on the radio. As they were talking to me the music seemed to get louder and louder until I couldn't hear what the hospital was telling me. It wasn't really getting louder.

Hello, this song reminds me of moments with a friend of mine who left too early two years ago and I miss him terribly:( , we liked to listen to good music together every week-end, I think of him every day.

Share the music !

Thank you for your thread idea, Dalia. And sorry to hear about your friend. The song that makes me reflect on life AND death more than any other is, "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain", by Willie Nelson. This was a favorite of my mother's, and I sang it acapella at her funeral service in 2013. I barely made it through the song before I started sobbing. The song makes me realize how MUCH my mother meant to my life. She, along with my father, taught me and my siblings to be kind to everyone we meet in life, and to never judge a person based on their color of skin, race, or ethnicity. She taught me to never be afraid to explore different kinds of music that you may not be familiar with. She was a fan of the music of Willie Nelson, I am as well, listening to some of the music she had by Willie made me appreciate his talent. I now own over 10 CD's of his music. But maybe most importantly, she taught me how to read, and instilled a love of reading and books that has enriched my life since I was very young. Sorry about being so long-winded in my reply, I wanted to do my mother justice by going into detail about her influence on me. Even though she passed away close to seven years ago now, there isn't a day that goes by that I think of her. My mother was a spiritual person, and her faith was strong. I hope someday to see her again in my afterlife. I love you, mom.

Thank you all for your posts, and my sympathies also . losing a parent is a hard thing to do, grieving , this friend of mine was a soldier and he loved life , he came to have a beer and listen to music, I told him about you, about the USA

And one day he didn’t come and since then something is missing .
Life is cruel , i hope to see him again later.

I had a lady friend who passed away nine years ago this month.

I made a lot of mix CDs for her at her request, so there are a lot I can choose from, but this one ended one of the CDs I made for her and seems really poignant...

We'll Meet Again - Vera Lynn

Every time I hear this song I REMEMBER.......especially the ones who jumped to keep from being burned alive.

A couple songs that make me think of two of my cats, one song that is incredibly sad and the other song that is more upbeat...

This one makes me think of my cat Tiffany as her life ended...

Say Something - A Great Big World

And this one makes me think of my cat Dusty...

Dusty - The Rag Dolls

This one reminds me of an old GF who liked the bottle too much, until it finally did her in. Happened after we broke up, but it was still a shock. Her favorite color was purple, so I set this song up as the ring tone when she called.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience- Purple Haze

This doesn't remind me of any one person- but I want it played when I'm gone

Forum List

Back