Murder up 40% in Charleston; 77% of killers are....

A group that has been discriminated against for the entire history of the country and is very poor relative to the norm has high rates of violence? Shocking.

Still does not justify racial profiling.

Funny. Jews, Hispanics and gays all meet that criteria. Yet they arent murdering each other in Charleston.
No actually they dont. They were never enslaved and had their families and foundation destroyed.

What? Jews have never been rounded up and forced into labor and had their families destroyed???? Um...dude. Really?

Hispanics immigrating here basically work for slave wages. And often have their families torn apart by that immigration or deportation.

Whats the next excuse that others seem to find ways to overcome?
They were not rounded up for centuries, enslaved, and had their history destroyed. Not even in the same ball park as what Black Americans went through you clown.

Hispanics willingly immigrated here big difference and again not even close to what Black Americans experienced. You must be drunk or something.

The NYPD is minority white. NYC is minority white. Whites are simply not players in the black racist game. So if it is true that NYC is a racist city and NYPD is a racist police department it can only mean one thing, all the other races are sick of black people's crime.
Do you have concrete, verifiable evidence to support your claim that the NYPD is minority white? I don't believe it. Prove it.

Last edited:
No one advocates "ignoring black violence." I don't even disagree there is a cultural issue, although I do think that too can be traced to systemic discrimination and a resulting high poverty rate. What I don't advocate is treating black criminals and civilians alike differently, which is what happens.

From your criminals link...

Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes in recent years, an analysis by the U.S. Sentencing Commission found.

You want to know WHY THAT IS?
Because the average black criminal has been in and out of prison 4 to 5 times over the average white criminal who usually doesn't commit another crime after being released.
What bullshit. What absolute bullshit. Prove it. Provide concrete, verfiable evidence that white criminals don't commit crimes after being released. Your contention is laughable.

Gun violence fuels 40 percent surge in Charleston-area killings - Post and Courier

Charleston SC. Historic city with vast history in this great nation. Soaring economy. #1 ranked tourist city in America according to Conde Naste Traveler.

And murder is up 40%. Why? Its a beautiful city with ample opportunity.

Well....from 2001-2014...77% of all people charged with murder had a common trait.

I'll let you read the.article to see what it is.

I tried to read the article, but it was all jumbled and overlapping and shit, but let me guess... It's all inside the Mark Clark?

The NYPD is minority white. NYC is minority white. Whites are simply not players in the black racist game. So if it is true that NYC is a racist city and NYPD is a racist police department it can only mean one thing, all the other races are sick of black people's crime.
Do you have concrete, verifiable evidence to support your claim that the NYPD is minority white? I don't believe it. Prove it.
2010 53% of NYCPD patrol officers were non-white.
2003 recidivism rate among young Black males was about 55.9%. This is about three times above the White male recidivism rate.
Now shut the fuck up you stupid piece of shit.
Goggle 'Black male recidivism rate' and White male recidivism rate'. Asshole!

And people wonder about "white flight."

If there's not going to be adequate policing in crime-ridden areas because some want to pretend there's no problem, of course people are going to move away. Why wouldn't they when others play deaf, dumb, and blind?

A group that has been discriminated against for the entire history of the country and is very poor relative to the norm has high rates of violence? Shocking.

Still does not justify racial profiling.

Funny. Jews, Hispanics and gays all meet that criteria. Yet they arent murdering each other in Charleston.
No actually they dont. They were never enslaved and had their families and foundation destroyed.

when were you enslaved?

Patrol officers are minority white. The entire force with detectives and brass is slightly majority white.
As of the end of 2010, 53% of the entire 34,526-member police force were white and 47% were members of minority groups. Of 22,199 officers on patrol, 53% (11,717) were black, Latino (of any race), or Asian or Asian-American, and 47% (10,482) were non-Hispanic white. Of 5,177 detectives, 57% (2,953) were white and 43% (2,224) were people of color. Of 4,639 sergeants, 61% (2,841) were white and 39% (1,798) were minorities. Of 1,742 lieutenants, 76% (1,323) were white and 24% (419) were people of color. Of 432 captains, 82% (356) were white and 18% (76) were minorities. Of 10 chiefs, 7 were white and 3 were people of color. In 2002, whites accounted for 60% of members in the rank of police officer. Between 2002 and 2010, the number of minorities in top-tier positions in the force increased by about 4.5%.[15]

This despite the city's demographics as a whole.

White 44.6%

Hispanic or Latino (Of Any Race) 27.5%

Black or African American 25.1%

Asian 11.8%

American Indian 0.4%

Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 0.1%

Other races 16%

No one advocates "ignoring black violence." I don't even disagree there is a cultural issue, although I do think that too can be traced to systemic discrimination and a resulting high poverty rate. What I don't advocate is treating black criminals and civilians alike differently, which is what happens.

From your criminals link...

Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes in recent years, an analysis by the U.S. Sentencing Commission found.

You want to know WHY THAT IS?
Because the average black criminal has been in and out of prison 4 to 5 times over the average white criminal who usually doesn't commit another crime after being released.
What bullshit. What absolute bullshit. Prove it. Provide concrete, verfiable evidence that white criminals don't commit crimes after being released. Your contention is laughable.
Boulger, .Bostwick, and Powers (2012) point out that the re-incarceration rate averages about three times higher than that of Whites.
LINK

Before you shout "bullshit" and demand proof, perhaps you should do your homework. Esmeralda

Last edited:
If someone makes a knowledge claim, it is not up to me to look it up. When you make a knowledge claim, it is up to you to provide the evidence to support it. Any college or university freshman level composition student knows that, why don't you?

As well, your link does not change the challenge I made. The poster claimed that the average white convict did not re-offend. I believe that is not a factual claim. That is the claim I challenged. Your link has nothing to do with that claim. Find a link that supports the claim that the average white convict does not re-offend.

[

You're denial is moreso.

The most violent and most OFTEN convicted criminal is NOT a white man but a BLACK man. Their likelyhood of multiple occasions of spending time in prison is greater than their white counterpart.

National news from McClatchy DC News Washington DC

EXCERPT:

The report also found that defendants with some college education consistently have received shorter sentences than those with no college education, but the differences in sentence length remained about the same after the decision.

The commission warned that its report should be read with caution and may not mean that race or class is influencing judges when they hand down longer sentences.

"Judges make decisions when sentencing offenders based on many legal and other legitimate considerations that are not or cannot be measured," said the commission, an independent body of the federal judiciary. "The analysis presented in this report cannot explain why the observed differences in sentence length exist but only that they do exist."

For example, a judge who's sentencing two offenders who were convicted of similar crimes might impose a longer sentence on the offender with a more violent criminal past, information that wasn't available to the study's authors.

If someone makes a knowledge claim, it is not up to me to look it up. When you make a knowledge claim, it is up to you to provide the evidence to support it. Any college or university freshman level composition student knows that, why don't you?

As well, your link does not change the challenge I made. The poster claimed that the average white convict did not re-offend. I believe that is not a factual claim. That is the claim I challenged. Your link has nothing to do with that claim. Find a link that supports the claim that the average white convict does not re-offend.
This link is to a PDF. The numbers can be found on the table on page 226

So if most violence occurs in poor, diverse areas...and you are police chief...where do you deploy most cops? And do you tell them to ignore petty stuff...or be proactive and intervene BEFORE shootings occur? Remember. ...that'll involve stopping people of color...who happen to.live in high crime areas.

Read the Fourth Amendment some time Goebbels.

I lived that amendment for 8 years. You are in over your head with that topic.

Deploy cops to the highest crime areas. Whats the problem?

"or be proactive and intervene BEFORE shootings occur? Remember. ...that'll involve stopping people of color"

Stopping people based on the color of their skin isn't probable cause. All you're doing is giving credence to the protesters who claim the police are racist.

Profiling isn't racist. It only becomes racist when applied to blacks.

Or how the poor Jews and poor Hispanics and poor gay college students...all.who live in Charleston. ...havent resorted to murdering each other despite being poor also. Even the white trailor park rednecks of North Charleston arent murdering each other at that rate.

You're not allowed to say that.

You don't generally need to check facts claimed by someone else, UNTIL you call bullshit. Once you resort to that, you need to back it up.
BS. What you just wrote is total bullshit. If someone makes a knowledge claim, it is their obligation to back it up with concrete, reliable evidence, especially if they are called on it. It is not the responsiblility of anyone to verify someone else's knowledge claim: those are the rules of rhetoric, argumentation and debate. As I said, any college freshman knows that, at least those who are getting passing grades. As well, probably the majority of high school students know it, those, again, who are passing. What's your excuse?

Forum List

Back