Murder rates soar in cities after BLM protests with up to 6,000 extra deaths nationwide — massively outweighing the decline in police shootings

You can read a lot of things into statistics, can't you?

Another reason for more murders nationwide could be the 40% increase in gun sales in 2020.

Causation? Correlation? My guess is as good as yours.
When they confiscate the firearms from the gangbangers, it is generally found that those firearms are mostly stolen, while some are what is called, "ghost guns" with no serial numbers. In this day and age, you can make a firearm in your garage, especially pistols and shotguns.
Legally bought guns add to the pool of guns available to obtain illegally. And the study doesn't seem to be focusing only on black crime, does it? There's not much information about details in the article.
Another reason for more murders nationwide could be the 40% increase in gun sales in 2020.

How many of those murders were committed using firearms purchased legally in 2020?
If you read the article, who the hell knows?

My point is that OP's conjecture on the cause of increased homicides is as much of a guess as mine.
Just because you purchase a firearm, doesn't mean you have a safe to store it in. However, a safe could be provided by paying a monthly fee until it's paid off. Of course, even having safe doesn't mean criminals can't break into it. Criminals have broken into National Guard Armories and stole weapons. A determined thief will most often get their way. Also, there's that fact that criminals don't care about any anti-gun laws. They aren't about to turn them in. Also, I am not in favor of taking firearms away from law-abiding people that aren't out committing crimes with them. When they purchased their firearms, the firearms were legal and as they haven't committed crimes with them, those firearms are none of your business.

according to the left when a black person shoots somebody its the guns that caused it ...but when a cop shoots somebody its racism ..
According to this lefty, when anybody shoots someone, it's the guns that caused it, because YOU CAN'T SHOOT SOMEONE WITHOUT ONE.

Once again, God made man and Samuel Colt made them equal.
It's more efficient than using a knife, machete, hammer, industrial screwdriver, etc..

according to the left when a black person shoots somebody its the guns that caused it ...but when a cop shoots somebody its racism ..
According to this lefty, when anybody shoots someone, it's the guns that caused it, because YOU CAN'T SHOOT SOMEONE WITHOUT ONE.

Once again, God made man and Samuel Colt made them equal.
It's more efficient than using a knife, machete, hammer, industrial screwdriver, etc..
Yes. The gangbangers and the wife beaters and the insane running around refusing their meds have all figured that out, too.

When they confiscate the firearms from the gangbangers, it is generally found that those firearms are mostly stolen, while some are what is called, "ghost guns" with no serial numbers. In this day and age, you can make a firearm in your garage, especially pistols and shotguns.
Legally bought guns add to the pool of guns available to obtain illegally. And the study doesn't seem to be focusing only on black crime, does it? There's not much information about details in the article.

How many of those murders were committed using firearms purchased legally in 2020?

My point is that OP's conjecture on the cause of increased homicides is as much of a guess as mine.
his guess had logic connected to it,, all your opinion had was your pathetic reputation as being a liar and gun hater,,

OH and a racist,,,

Well ,I ain't guessing. Never saw a gun jump up and shoot someone.

his guess had logic connected to it,, all your opinion had was your pathetic reputation as being a liar and gun hater,,

OH and a racist,,,
You sure you can't think of a few more stupid things to call me?

OH and a racist,,,
We'll see if peer review agrees.

OH and a racist,,,
is that a challenge???

at least you didnt deny them,,,

OH and a racist,,,
is that a challenge???

Keep trolling, get reported. Your choice.

OH and a racist,,,
We'll see if peer review agrees.
peer review is the worst kind of science,, 8 out of 10 monkeys can agree on bananas,,

tell that to your commie leaders .

Speaking as a Demonicrat, this is Trump's fault cuz he divided the nation and stuff like that.

OH and a racist,,,
is that a challenge???

another commie trying to silence free speech.

OH and a racist,,,
is that a challenge???

You're going to run and tell huh? Say, want my name and stuff, you can report it to CNN and that, perhaps they'll find something racist. I can't get fired from a job unfortunately, but who knows what your kind can do, there are no limitations

OH and a racist,,,
is that a challenge???

youre the one still talking to me,,,

Great tradeoff, a few less police shootings, but massive increase in murders.
Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water!

That 40% increase is LEGAL sales, which are law abiding citizens.
Now, about those tens of thousands of violent felons Democrats released early from prison last year and made theft a ticketing offense....

FYI- all my Biden money went into weapons. Thanks Joe!

yeah we should ignore the riots and looting and blame the guns bought for defense of it,,,
We're talking murders here. 25 people killed nationwide during the protests does not account for the study's reported 1,000 to 6,000 additional murders, does it?
Want to take a guess at how many murders were committed by violent felons with records?

Since you’re so vocal about the topic, you tell everyone, not me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back