Murder or die. Which would you do?

How ignorant must you be?! Guess this needs to be posted again this morning.

619aec57294a08ca2875c9f580a07fe1.jpg

Without religion you can make up your own morals.....and your moral code can very easily include killing anyone who gets in your way.

A person who is truly good doesn't need anyone to tell them what is right and what is wrong. I don't need a god to have empathy and feelings for others and to not want to hurt others. :thup:

No...you don't....but having one makes it more likely you will be empathetic.........most of the modern mass murder has been committed by atheists........

Like I just told another poster, I can come up with many examples of murders by so-called religious people. MANY. Even women killing their own children. You don't need a religion to tell you to be a good person. End of story.

With those who kill who happen to be Christians...they are not killing as a Christian since that is against the teachings......

Why shouldn't you be able to murder someone who is in your way? If there is no ultimate judge, the decision is only yours...and if you can get away with it....it would be a highly rational decision.....

Oh, yes they do. Lol. They kill in the name of their religion quite often.

Like I said, if you are "good" because you feel you HAVE to be, then you probably aren't very "good" anyways.

The fact of the matter remains that if you need the threat of eternal damnation in order to "behave", then you probably aren't a very good person to begin with. :thup:

Define good.

Without religion you can make up your own morals.....and your moral code can very easily include killing anyone who gets in your way.

A person who is truly good doesn't need anyone to tell them what is right and what is wrong. I don't need a god to have empathy and feelings for others and to not want to hurt others. :thup:

No...you don't....but having one makes it more likely you will be empathetic.........most of the modern mass murder has been committed by atheists........

Like I just told another poster, I can come up with many examples of murders by so-called religious people. MANY. Even women killing their own children. You don't need a religion to tell you to be a good person. End of story.

With those who kill who happen to be Christians...they are not killing as a Christian since that is against the teachings......

Why shouldn't you be able to murder someone who is in your way? If there is no ultimate judge, the decision is only yours...and if you can get away with it....it would be a highly rational decision.....

Like I said, if you are "good" because you feel you HAVE to be, then you probably aren't very "good" anyways.

Not Christians...they can't....murder is not allowed....

They have all throughout history and they still do. Lol.

The fact of the matter remains that if you need the threat of eternal damnation in order to "behave", then you probably aren't a very good person to begin with. :thup:

Define good.

Aww. I see you don't even know what good means! Lol. Too funny.

I know exactly what good means....treat others as you would treat yourself, seek justice, obey the 10 commandments......pretty much covers everything......

And why isn't a code made up by one just as legitimate as one made up by another?

In fact, there have been several times when I've had arguments with people about this exact thing, and they will claim that Jesus did in fact condone "murder" and other such things. So it all depends on the spin you put on your imaginary deity.

Not as Christians.

Define good.

I know exactly what good means....treat others as you would treat yourself, seek justice, obey the 10 commandments......pretty much covers everything......

And why isn't a code made up by one just as legitimate as one made up by another?

That's probably a question you should ask of yourself since you are the one who stated atheists could not possibly have a moral code. :D

In fact, there have been several times when I've had arguments with people about this exact thing, and they will claim that Jesus did in fact condone "murder" and other such things. So it all depends on the spin you put on your imaginary deity.

Yeah....where exactly did he condone that.....?

Define good.

That's probably a question you should ask of yourself since you are the one who stated atheists could not possibly have a moral code. :D

nope. Never said that...I asked how can you criticize a moral code created by an atheist?

It is your opinion over his....

Not as Christians.

Yup. Just one example, Andrea Yates. There have been many men and women who have killed their children in the NAME of Christianity, plenty of innocent women who were murdered as being "witches" in the name of Christianity, plenty of abortion clinic bombers who do so in the name of Christianity, amongst other horrors that go along with your superstitious beliefs.

Not as Christians.

Yup. Just one example, Andrea Yates. There have been many men and women who have killed their children in the NAME of Christianity, plenty of innocent women who were murdered as being "witches" in the name of Christianity, plenty of abortion clinic bombers who do so in the name of Christianity, amongst other horrors that go along with your superstitious beliefs.

If I told you I am a vegan....while I am eating a steak.....am I a vegan?

Define good.

nope. Never said that...I asked how can you criticize a moral code created by an atheist?

No you did not. You said you couldn't understand why an atheist would not murder an innocent person. Now you are resorting to lying. Isn't that against your religion too? Typical "Christian."

Not as Christians.

If a baby is a human, and a clinic is murdering humans.....how is bombing the clinic wrong?

Not as Christians.

If I told you I am a vegan....while I am eating a steak.....am I a vegan?

These people truly believed in God and their religious convictions.

Define good.

No you did not. You said you couldn't understand why an atheist would not murder an innocent person. Now you are resorting to lying. Isn't that against your religion too? Typical "Christian."

Nope....try again.......

Not as Christians.

If a baby is a human, and a clinic is murdering humans.....how is bombing the clinic wrong?

An embryo is not a baby though. And they are still murdering innocent people.

Forum List

Back