MSNBC trying to insinuate that cold weather is the reason for low jobs numbers

As the unemployment numbers go down so does the numbers for employed Americans.
Guess you can call that great.

Let's say the numbers drop to 5.8% in November

What are Republicans going to run on? Taking away peoples insurance?
Shutting down government if you don't elect them?

Does it really matter about how low the unemployment number goes if so many Americans are no longer in the work force?

Did you not read what I wrote about that? Of course not - you were too busy calling me a stooge.

917,000 discouraged workers in December, down by 151,000 from a year earlier.

We heard this in 2009 stop beating the dead horse obama can'
t hide from his lies.

Dude, you guys are going to get hammered, go ahead and bookmark this thread.

Save your rose coloured glasses for your buddies. If the Tea Party had not acted like complete nit-wits, you would have had a shot.

Does it really matter about how low the unemployment number goes if so many Americans are no longer in the work force?

Did you not read what I wrote about that? Of course not - you were too busy calling me a stooge.

I don't give a god damn what you wrote
92 million Americans are not working

t hide from his lies.

Save your rose coloured glasses for your buddies. If the Tea Party had not acted like complete nit-wits, you would have had a shot.

obama lied and millions of insurance policies died I understand this.

I don't give a god damn what you wrote
92 million Americans are not working

But ... these go to eleven....

these-go-to-eleven-2.jpg

The remaining 1.5 million persons marginally attached
to the labor force in December had not searched for work for reasons such as
school attendance or family responsibilities.

Last edited:
t hide from his lies.

obama lied and millions of insurance policies died I understand this.

We'll see how that fleshes out. My guess is that people will be mostly insured by November and will have much better coverage than the high-deductible, no physician, low cap policies that they thought were actually insuring them. The tax breaks for those without employer participation are going to seal the deal.

Unemployment went down.

Don't worry though ... It's the Liberal media covering once again for the black man in da WH.

Yeah, about the 90 million Americans not working rat the moment...

Can't cover for the fact that nearly 28% of America is not working right now.

6.7%? Pffffft.

Are retired folks supposed to work? Housewives? People in prison?

Well the BLS has you beat.

In November there were 91,283,000 people not in the workforce, by December the number rose to 91,808,000. An increase of 525,000. In November the amount of discouraged workers was 762,000, by December, the number rose to 917,000. That's an increase of 155,000 in a one month time span, Cabbie.

But of course, lets not deal with the facts here.

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

Last edited:
Unemployment went down.

Don't worry though ... It's the Liberal media covering once again for the black man in da WH.

6.7%? Pffffft.

Not all of them are retired, housewives or criminals, Cabbie!

Last edited:
Unemployment down from 10.2% to 6.7%

Are Republicans going to run on how good they are for the economy?

Well the BLS has you beat.

In November there were 91,283,000 people not in the workforce, by December the number rose to 91,808,000. An increase of 525,000. In November the amount of discouraged workers was 762,000, by December, the number rose to 917,000. That's an increase of 155,000 in a one month time span, Cabbie.

But of course, lets not deal with the facts here.

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

Over-the-month changes are not displayed for not seasonally adjusted data.

That statistic is not seasonally adjusted - it always goes up in winter.

6.7%? Pffffft.

Baby boomers are just starting to retire. The people in the workforce number will continue to drop for the next twenty years

Run on that Republicans

If the numbers go down to 6% by Novmber and the reason for it is the same as why the number went
down in December....

We are so screwed...

But maybe that's the end game for this administration.
They will see it as a reason to have more government programs.
More government takeover of our economy.
The UE number drops because even more Americans give up on getting jobs...

And the Libs call that success....

I just can't even imagine the outcome of that for this country.

I hope the Sunday political talk show tomorrow has Debbie Wasserman Shultz on....

She will tll us that the latest job numbers show the president to be an outstanding
leader and these numbers are the best that have ever been reported for any administration...

Or she will blame it all on Bush and the republicans.... lol

Realistically, what would you have to say about this if unemployment suddenly fell to 4.9? Would you really give Obama ANY credit?

Would Rush finally get on his mike and say something like ... "well folks ... I was wrong about Obama after all ... ."

I can see it now ... Obama gets the credit!!!

Right.

:lol:

Truthfully, I would not believe it. But then again I believe nothing that comes out of Washington these days regardless of the party crowing about their accomplishments. They are liars, all of them.

Immie

The UE number dropped because the number of Americans trying to get a job also dropped...
And the Libs are hoping more of the same so they can chalk up another success for Obama....

That sickens me.

Last edited:
I hope the Sunday political talk show tomorrow has Debbie Wasserman Shultz on....

She will tll us that the latest job numbers show the president to be an outstanding
leader and these numbers are the best that have ever been reported for any administration...

Or she will blame it all on Bush and the republicans.... lol

Realistically, what would you have to say about this if unemployment suddenly fell to 4.9? Would you really give Obama ANY credit?

Would Rush finally get on his mike and say something like ... "well folks ... I was wrong about Obama after all ... ."

I can see it now ... Obama gets the credit!!!

Right.

:lol:

Truthfully, I would not believe it. But then again I believe nothing that comes out of Washington these days regardless of the party crowing about their accomplishments. They are liars, all of them.

Immie

Well, that's my point. I respect the hell out of your candor, though ~

Baby boomers are just starting to retire. The people in the workforce number will continue to drop for the next twenty years

Run on that Republicans

That tired old line. And only one reason. Retirement can't possibly explain the sharp increase in people aged 25-54 leaving the workforce:

And here's another clue that this isn't just a demographic story: The participation rate for workers between ages 25 and 54 fell sharply during the recession and still hasn't recovered.
Obviously, retirements can't explain this:

EmployPop2554Dec2013.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...why-are-people-dropping-out-of-the-workforce/

Unemployment down from 10.2% to 6.7%

Are Republicans going to run on how good they are for the economy?

Going to run on how good your policies are for healthcare?

Or are you going to pull a Mark Udall and cook the books?

Of course....Democrats will run on how Republicans want to take your healthcare away

Republicans will reply how?

Forum List

Back