Mrs. Clinton turned over printouts, not emails.

Why did Mrs. Clinton have her staff go through the trouble of printing out, boxing and shipping 50,000 or 55,000 pages instead of just sending a copy of the electronic record? One can only speculate, but there is an obvious advantage: Printed files are less informative and far harder to search than the electronic originals.

Because State has only printouts of emails, department personnel responding to a Freedom of Information Act request have to go through the whole haystack rather than type "needle" into a search engine. At best, that would mean long delays in FOIA compliance.

Likewise, printouts are not subject to electronic discovery in the event of investigation or lawsuit. The Times reports that department lawyers responding to a request from the House Select Committee on Benghazi took two months to find "roughly 900 pages pertaining to the Benghazi attacks." And printouts do not include electronic "metadata," which can provide crucial forensic evidence.

This fucking cow actually did this. WTF?
Someone is making the assumption that there is a complete electronic copy of all emails. Since a personal email server was being used for at least part of the emails, the policy may have been to make paper copies of all correspondence. If that was the case, it would make sense to just make a copy of all the email correspondence.
There is no explanation that will be acceptable to the braying mobs.
Her motives could have been innocent...they could have been completely evil...it doesn't matter.

Makes you throw up in your mouth a little to hear conservatives talk about how they care so much about "the rule of law" after they committed what many people feel is treason by making penpals with Iranian hardliners.

Face it, there's absolutely nothing she can do to stop the pitchforks and burning torches coming.
She could turn over absolutely every word that she's ever written and it still wouldn't wash.
Reference; Benghazi, Birth Certificate, IRS, Fast & Furious etc etc etc etc etc etc...
That's what happens when you lose the public's trust. Once you've established yourself as a liar, everything you say will be suspect.
That's dead right, so how can the Republican accusations be taken seriously by anyone?
"Accusations"? Excuse me but nobody is disputing it. It happened, that makes it a fact, not an accusation. Even Hillary isn't denying it. But nice try anyway.
The accusations are that she was doing something improper, hiding stuff, that she hasn't handed over everything, whatever...
Light those torches and let the witch hunt begin.

The emails that were provided by Clinton's team left out months and months. The same time that Clinton accepted foreign money for donations. And you wonder why people are pissed? This is the same person who took 250,000 dollars to speak for 30-45 mins at a New York college that she used to represent. If it wasn't for her name she would have no chance at all to be president of the U.S. And the Benghazi investigation is the reason why this issue was found because the MSM was too busy checking out Walker's college records to notice this.

Makes you throw up in your mouth a little to hear conservatives talk about how they care so much about "the rule of law" after they committed what many people feel is treason by making penpals with Iranian hardliners.
The letter sent to Iran had no false statements in it and it was completely accurate

If the repubs make you throw up a little in your mouth, you should be projectile vomiting at Hillary deciding it would be a good idea to overthrow Libya in favor of terrorist Islam, or Obama deciding to stab an ally in the back in Egypt in favor of the terrorist Brotherhood, then trying to make Iran our newest bff, after he hugged the Castro boys...........

Face it, there's absolutely nothing she can do to stop the pitchforks and burning torches coming.
She could turn over absolutely every word that she's ever written and it still wouldn't wash.
Reference; Benghazi, Birth Certificate, IRS, Fast & Furious etc etc etc etc etc etc...
That's what happens when you lose the public's trust. Once you've established yourself as a liar, everything you say will be suspect.
That's dead right, so how can the Republican accusations be taken seriously by anyone?
"Accusations"? Excuse me but nobody is disputing it. It happened, that makes it a fact, not an accusation. Even Hillary isn't denying it. But nice try anyway.
The accusations are that she was doing something improper, hiding stuff, that she hasn't handed over everything, whatever...

The emails that were provided by Clinton's team left out months and months. The same time that Clinton accepted foreign money for donations. And you wonder why people are pissed? This is the same person who took 250,000 dollars to speak for 30-45 mins at a New York college that she used to represent. If it wasn't for her name she would have no chance at all to be president of the U.S. And the Benghazi investigation is the reason why this issue was found because the MSM was too busy checking out Walker's college records to notice this.
No, I can't believe that, on the face of it, she was stupid enough to do this private e-mail thing.
She should be politically savvy enough to know that she'd get pilloried (heh!) for it.

Nevertheless, there is now absolutely nothing that will satisfy the mobs.
Even if she were to completely come clean and present her e-mails for the past twenty years in a pink, ribboned hard-drive that is collated, indexed, referenced with pictures that she hand-coloured herself and hand delivered to Jason Chaffetz by the Dalai Lama in a Hummer with the slogan "Hooray For The XL Pipeline" written on the side...it would change nothing...the braying for blood would continue unabated and millions of dollars will be spent on 'investigations'.

Don't you think it's kind of pathetic you are still obsessing over this? Do you realty think the topic of your thread is going to have any relevance to her chances of becoming president?

The accusation is that she broke the fucking law. I know that doesn't matter to you but it matters to those of us who care about the security of our country and the rule of law. Are you so partisan that you can't see what's wrong with what she did?
My question still stands.
How can the Republicans expect to have any of their accusations taken seriously after recent history?
How many millions of dollars will this series of 'investigations' cost?
There are no accusations. She did it.

The accusation is that she broke the fucking law. I know that doesn't matter to you but it matters to those of us who care about the security of our country and the rule of law. Are you so partisan that you can't see what's wrong with what she did?
My question still stands.
How can the Republicans expect to have any of their accusations taken seriously after recent history?
How many millions of dollars will this series of 'investigations' cost?
There are no accusations. She did it.

Did what?

This is a bit of a surprise - hardcore lefty Eugene Robinson giving Hillary some crap:

Is Hillary Hiding Something RealClearPolitics

From the piece: In the end, I'm not convinced that voters will necessarily care how Clinton's electronic communications were routed. But they may well ask themselves whether they're ready for the dynasty and the drama.

I still can't imagine her leaving the race on her own accord.

161094_600.jpg

This is a bit of a surprise - hardcore lefty Eugene Robinson giving Hillary some crap:

Is Hillary Hiding Something RealClearPolitics

From the piece: In the end, I'm not convinced that voters will necessarily care how Clinton's electronic communications were routed. But they may well ask themselves whether they're ready for the dynasty and the drama.

I still can't imagine her leaving the race on her own accord.

Why is that surprising? Hard-core lefties don't want Hillary Clinton to be president.

What she did in terms of not using the State Department email seems kind of stupid. Honest people will call her out for it no matter where the political spectrum they are.

However, attempting to convict her of some crime before it is even known if a crime was committed is pretty much partisan bullshit.

Why did Mrs. Clinton have her staff go through the trouble of printing out, boxing and shipping 50,000 or 55,000 pages instead of just sending a copy of the electronic record? One can only speculate, but there is an obvious advantage: Printed files are less informative and far harder to search than the electronic originals.

Because State has only printouts of emails, department personnel responding to a Freedom of Information Act request have to go through the whole haystack rather than type "needle" into a search engine. At best, that would mean long delays in FOIA compliance.

Likewise, printouts are not subject to electronic discovery in the event of investigation or lawsuit. The Times reports that department lawyers responding to a request from the House Select Committee on Benghazi took two months to find "roughly 900 pages pertaining to the Benghazi attacks." And printouts do not include electronic "metadata," which can provide crucial forensic evidence.

This fucking cow actually did this. WTF?
Someone is making the assumption that there is a complete electronic copy of all emails. Since a personal email server was being used for at least part of the emails, the policy may have been to make paper copies of all correspondence. If that was the case, it would make sense to just make a copy of all the email correspondence.
There is no explanation that will be acceptable to the braying mobs.
Her motives could have been innocent...they could have been completely evil...it doesn't matter.
It's really common for executives to have a personal email address, which Clinton has, as well as an organizational email address. Personal email addresses are usually on a separate server than the organisational email. Emails on organization servers are saved indefinitely but that is not the case with most personal email. So for a complete record, paper copies are maintained.

My boss had several email address but never monitored any of them. His secretary sent all the emails and made copies. She answered the trivial ones; the rest she gave him a paper copy. He wrote an answer or explained his position and she handled it. She made a paper copy of everything she sent. If asked for a copy of all emails, you would get a copy of all email folders.. I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton operated in a similar. A lot of executes delegate everything computer related to staff members.

Last edited:
FACT CHECK: Clinton and her emails

WASHINGTON (AP) — How Hillary Rodham Clinton's statements about her exclusive use of private email instead of a government account as secretary of state compare with the known facts:

CLINTON: "Others had done it."

THE FACTS: Although email practices varied among her predecessors, Clinton is the only secretary of state known to have conducted all official unclassified government business on a private email address. Years earlier, when emailing was not the ubiquitous practice it is now among high officials, Colin Powell used both a government and a private account. It's a striking departure from the norm for top officials to rely exclusively on private email for official business.

___

CLINTON: "I fully complied with every rule I was governed by."

THE FACTS: At the very least, Clinton appears to have violated what the White House has called "very specific guidance" that officials should use government email to conduct business.

Clinton provided no details about whether she had initially consulted with the department or other government officials before using the private email system. She did not answer several questions about whether she sought any clearances before she began relying exclusively on private emails for government business.

Federal officials are allowed to communicate on private email and are generally allowed to conduct government business in those exchanges, but that ability is constrained, both by federal regulations and by their supervisors.

MORE: FACT CHECK Clinton and her emails

Hillary said her personal emails were filled with emails from Bill

Well Bill Clinton said he doesn't use email and never has in the past

I'm sure she had 30,000 emails worth of yoga stuff

Forum List

Back