Mozart and Hitler …. were citizens of which countries?

what were they?

• Mozart was German

• he was Salzburgian

• he was Austrian

• he was citizen of the Holy Roman Empire

• Hitler was Austrian

• Hitler became German later by some trickery

• Hitler was a German

• something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
You're completely naive.
Only aged people know who Mozart was.
Most of youth generation are completely clueless, especially most of dropouts from public shools.
Again you are mis,informed

and which name is better known … or who is more popular in the US … Mozart or Hitler?

and which name is better known … or who is more popular in the US … Mozart or Hitler?

Hitler is probably a better known name.Mozart is much better liked, no doubt. I asked four kids who work at our favorite breakfast joint yesterday if they had heard of Mozart, and all four said yes, two even named their favorite music of his.

What about the US?

is Mozart sooooo unknown here?

To be fair, you do have all the dead white composers--and they were brilliant, and changed Western Music, etc.

However:

We have the African-American Spiritual, which is the root of whatever you're probably hearing on the radio right now. And then we exported it all around the world. Your German folks listen to pop music in English because of it.

So.

We have the African-American Spiritual

They got it from the Irish and white Appalachian evangelical traditions. Doctor Ralph Stanley's cover of a very old hymn that dates back before 1860 is an early example of the tradition:

Free will Baptists were the most prolific gospel song writers and musicians.

Last edited:
They got it from the Irish and white Appalachian evangelical traditions. Doctor Ralph Stanley's cover of a very old hymn that dates back before 1860 is an early example of the tradition:

You're workin' hard here, but you're far from the mark. I laughed, though.

The Spiritual is a unique blend of both white "folk" music and African folk music. Dude, we know where you're coming from and it's not going to work

Dude that's very clearly a Spiritual, recognizable in the first bars. Look here:

In 1913, the Journal of American Folklore printed a version sung by "Eastern North Carolina Negroes" 1908:

Sinner, I come to you by Hebbin's decree;
This very night you must go wid me.
O-o death! O-o death!
How kin I go wid you?
"Jes' like a flower in its bloom,
Why should you cut me down so soon?
O-o death! O-o death!
How kin I go wid you?[4]

You're workin' hard here, but you're far from the mark. I laughed, though.

The Spiritual is a unique blend of both white "folk" music and African folk music. Dude, we know where you're coming from and it's not going to work

You don't know where I'm coming from, and it;s historical fact where 'black culture' in America comes from. It appropriated from poor white culture. Your own racism is where you're coming from.

You don't know where I'm coming from, and it;s historical fact where 'black culture' in America comes from. It appropriated from poor white culture. Your own racism is where you're coming from.

You're coming from ignorance; I'm coming from a music degree and years of teaching music. It's not "appropriating", it's what cultures do. Yes, the Spiritual IS a blend of African and European influences. YOUR racism is trying to make it seem like the black folks "stole" the white folks' music. Whatever, I reject it and your worldview. Disgusting.

Dude that's very clearly a Spiritual, recognizable in the first bars. Look here:

In 1913, the Journal of American Folklore printed a version sung by "Eastern North Carolina Negroes" 1908:

It comes from a much earlier Appalachian folk tradition; blacks simply stole it and now modern fraudsters try and peddle the myth blacks originated the stuff. It's a ridiculous claim on its face, but you feel some need to cater to the fiction; I guess you believe it makes you 'not racist n stuff', when in fact it does just the opposite. lol

You're coming from ignorance; I'm coming from a music degree and years of teaching music. It's not "appropriating", it's what cultures do. Yes, the Spiritual IS a blend of African and European influences. YOUR racism is trying to make it seem like the black folks "stole" the white folks' music. Whatever, I reject it and your worldview. Disgusting.

lol I don't care how you acquired your indoctrination. Folk and gospel music are not in any way 'native' to black slaves'; you have be pretty dumb to think so. You're 'disgusted' because you're stupid and peer pressure determines your posts, not education or intelligence. They got it from poor whites, period. Where else would they get it from? Chinese shamans?

It comes from a much earlier Appalachian folk tradition; blacks simply stole it and now modern fraudsters try and peddle the myth blacks originated the stuff. It's a ridiculous claim on its face, but you feel some need to cater to the fiction; I guess you believe it makes you 'not racist n stuff', when in fact it does just the opposite. lol

From Carnegie Hall

The spiritual draws from African music and European psalms and hymns, and from African-derived secular sources, including work songs, field calls and protest songs.

History of Folk Spiritual

Forum List

Back