Mother shoots home invader

And your irrational fear of scary looking black guns doesn't trump my rights or Erin's rights.

you know, i'll bet I could pump as many rounds of .223 into someone with my mini 14 as I could my AR-15. yet one makes the ban list the other doesn't. Why? because one is black and scary looking and has a pistol grip. No logic at all.

Agreed, thats why both would ideally be heavily restricted.

considering that the chances of you getting killed by one are about the same as being struck by lighning its a bit of, pardon the expression overkill. America wasn't built on giving up rights either

you know, i'll bet I could pump as many rounds of .223 into someone with my mini 14 as I could my AR-15. yet one makes the ban list the other doesn't. Why? because one is black and scary looking and has a pistol grip. No logic at all.

considering that the chances of you getting killed by one are about the same as being struck by lighning its a bit of, pardon the expression overkill. America wasn't built on giving up rights either

Liberals are so full of shit on this issue. They want to ban guns to "save lives" but want to legalize Drugs in the name of our rights.

Why don't they want to ban cars? They kill way more people than guns?

Liberal Logic does not exist.

She had a pistol legally, and her house was broken into by armed thugs and she shot them.

Good for her.

Anyone notice that she used a pistol, and NOT an assault rifle? Nobody is saying to ban all guns, nobody is saying that you can't buy a pistol or a hunting rifle.

However......................semi automatic rifles with large capacity magazines? Not useful for anything other than blowing away a lot of people quickly.

Besides.........................what is it about background checks that is scaring the NRA now? Lapierre used to be for it back in the 90's, but now he's against it. Me personally? I think that all gun sales should come with a background check, not just the 60 percent that is sold in stores. 40 percent of all gun sales are done at gun shows where a check isn't required, and many don't do it.

But..................let me ask you a quick question......................since only 60 percent of the gun sales come with background checks, leaving out the other 40 percent, would you people who fly airplanes be comfortable with only 60 percent of the passengers boarding the plane with you being checked for weapons or bombs, and let the other 40 percent just walk on through?

Liberals will be the first to say that she violated the invader's rights.

This liberal is going to say that the woman was amazingly brave and quick thinking to distract the men like that, and kudos to her for protecting her home and family.

Betcha didn't expect me to say that...

Liberals are so full of shit on this issue. They want to ban guns to "save lives" but want to legalize Drugs in the name of our rights.

The fact that you can't see any difference between drugs and cars and guns is a sad endorsement of our education system.

She had a pistol legally, and her house was broken into by armed thugs and she shot them.

Good for her.

Anyone notice that she used a pistol, and NOT an assault rifle? Nobody is saying to ban all guns, nobody is saying that you can't buy a pistol or a hunting rifle.

However......................semi automatic rifles with large capacity magazines? Not useful for anything other than blowing away a lot of people quickly.

Besides.........................what is it about background checks that is scaring the NRA now? Lapierre used to be for it back in the 90's, but now he's against it. Me personally? I think that all gun sales should come with a background check, not just the 60 percent that is sold in stores. 40 percent of all gun sales are done at gun shows where a check isn't required, and many don't do it.

But..................let me ask you a quick question......................since only 60 percent of the gun sales come with background checks, leaving out the other 40 percent, would you people who fly airplanes be comfortable with only 60 percent of the passengers boarding the plane with you being checked for weapons or bombs, and let the other 40 percent just walk on through?

you know you think if they wanted limitations when they wrote the bill of rights they would have been a little more specific and stated that. but they didn't. they clearly stated the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

now if the government where to pass a law saying you could no longer use verbs, would you say that is infringing on your right to free speech? I mean you can still speak right.

The fact that you can't see any difference between drugs and cars and guns is a sad endorsement of our education system.

thats an easy one, guns are a constitutional right. cars and drugs aren't

and in other mommy news...

ever wonder why massacres don't happen at shooting ranges? if so then you should stop drinking the koolaid and smell the coffee

Mom kills son, then self at shooting range

Mom kills son, then self at gun range - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Of course the whole Christian thing comes into play .. you know, Muslims and others being violent and Christianity being the message of peace love and understanding. :eusa_shhh:

and many people would see your post as full of shit, puke, and bile... (note:not a personal attack anymore that the quoted post is)

Guns do not kill people..Cars do not kill people..they are inanimate objects

Drugs kill the user. I know there are some here who wish cars and guns did the same. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
you know you think if they wanted limitations when they wrote the bill of rights they would have been a little more specific and stated that. but they didn't. they clearly stated the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

now if the government where to pass a law saying you could no longer use verbs, would you say that is infringing on your right to free speech? I mean you can still speak right.

Hamilton and Madison agreed and then disagreed over what each other meant on many issues. wtf are you to assume you know? :rofl:

I am shocked by the originality of the arguments made in this thread by our nutters. With every post......something we have never heard before!!!!

And....where's Staidhup? He left without saying goodbye.

I think that all gun sales should come with a background check, not just the 60 percent that is sold in stores. 40 percent of all gun sales are done at gun shows where a check isn't required, and many don't do it.

Why do you insist on repeating this LIE?

First, 40% of all gun sales DO NOT take place at gun shows. The VAST majority of that 40% figure that you folks love to parrot comes from ownership transfers WITHIN FAMILIES. Inheritances, gifts and sales to FAMILY MEMBERS.

FFL licensed dealers are REQUIRED to perform background checks REGARDLESS of the location of the sale, INCLUDING gun shows. The ONLY people not required to do so are PRIVATE citizens, and they account for less than 10% of sellers at gun shows.

It's about the right to choose whether or not to own a firearm.

"Right to choose". That should sound familiar to the bleeding hearts.

exactly. it's not whether you are pro gun or not, it's whether you are pro rights

Good point and the "right" to own a gun should certainly trump a 5 year olds right to not be shot in the face at school. Fuck yeah! 'Murica!

It does. It even trumps a LOT of 5 year olds' right to not be shot in school. Those are tragedies, but they are not worth giving up guns over.

I think that all gun sales should come with a background check, not just the 60 percent that is sold in stores. 40 percent of all gun sales are done at gun shows where a check isn't required, and many don't do it.

First, 40% of all gun sales DO NOT take place at gun shows. The VAST majority of that 40% figure that you folks love to parrot comes from ownership transfers WITHIN FAMILIES. Inheritances, gifts and sales to FAMILY MEMBERS.

FFL licensed dealers are REQUIRED to perform background checks REGARDLESS of the location of the sale, INCLUDING gun shows. The ONLY people not required to do so are PRIVATE citizens, and they account for less than 10% of sellers at gun shows.

Thing is, you are supposed to do background checks at gun shows. Gunshows turned in, I forget the exact number, 70 something, and all were arrestable offenses that turned up from the background checks. Wanna know how many the gov't actually acted upon? Like 30%. They do not need to bring up that BS, cause the same gov't that wants all this shit, does not do anything with what they have now. Do your damn job hypocrits!

Criminals don't have background checks. They get them out of the trunk of someone's car.

i've bought more than a dozen guns at gun shows. hmmm, every one of them had a background check. Libs crack me up with this gun show loophole that doesn't exist

Forum List

Back