Mother of Son, Who Was Murdered In Racist Attack, Wins Georgia House Seat

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Lucy McBath: Mother of Jordan Davis, Who Was Fatally Shot in Racist Attack, Wins Georgia House Seat

Even though there was no blue wave and nearly all of the seats up for grabs in the 2018 midterms were all won by republicans due to Trump's political brilliance, there was at least one or 2 Dems who won House seats...from the article:

"After Lucy McBath’s teenage son, Jordan Davis, was shot and killed in a racially-motivated attack in 2012, she decided to turn her tragedy into a triumph by running for a seat in the House of Representatives… and she won."

Her son was shot by Michael Dunn (who was later convicted) -- when Dunn felt threatened by Jordan and his friends when they refused to turn down their radio. Dunn claimed he shot into the car the young men were sitting in because they pulled a gun on him (THIS WAS A LIE) -- Jordan was struck and killed by Dunn's racially motivated fear -- because something tells me if it was a car full of white kids playing Taylor Swift, no one would be murdered -- well, I take that back, Taylor Swift is the anti-Christ to racists now.

Her son's death inspired her activism and lead her to running for Congress, she defeated Karen Handel who conceded with grace -- interesting enough, Georgia district 6 is the same district Newt was House rep for; in fact she is the first black woman to represent her district and only the third from Georgia to represent the state in Congress.

--Congratulations Rep. Lucy McBath!

What are her professional qualifications? I predict crickets.
What are the Constitutional requirements for the job of Representative in the HofR?
  • Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution sets three qualifications for representatives. Each representative must (1) be at least twenty-five years old, (2) have been a citizen of the United States for the past seven years, and (3) be an inhabitant of the state they represent.

Sounds pretty extensive and time consuming eh?

Good for her. I hope she serves her district, state, and the country with honor.

What are her professional qualifications? I predict crickets.
What are the Constitutional requirements for the job of Representative in the HofR?
  • Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution sets three qualifications for representatives. Each representative must (1) be at least twenty-five years old, (2) have been a citizen of the United States for the past seven years, and (3) be an inhabitant of the state they represent.

Sounds pretty extensive and time consuming eh?

That excludes most liberals, they have the mental capacity of an 8 year old.

Forum List

Back