Mother murders infant, no charges filed

This is the paragraph that got me, it looks like it happened before:

The Campbell County Sheriff’s Office and Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office worked unsuccessfully to get the law changed after another baby died in the county in a similar case. Emerson said they asked two delegates and one state senator to take the issue up in the General Assembly. He says the three lawmakers refused because they felt the issue was too close to the abortion issue.

i CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO PROCESS THIS...

what the fuck?!

That's fucked up. Virginia's a nice place and not one I'd expect to keep a law like that on the books.

Can we please have one thread not break down into partisan bullshit?

More Libtard Lunacy.
How so? The issue seems rather apolitical to me.

Abortion is anything but apolitical.

I don't think abortion's at the heart of the issue. As long as it is established that the presence of an umbilical cord has no effect on a mother's culpability for harming her child, the law can be corrected to everyone's satisfaction. Nobody is foolish enough to argue that post-natal "abortion" should be legal.

☭proletarian☭;1819294 said:
Can we please have one thread not break down into partisan bullshit?

That's a quintessential part of any discussion on USMB.

We have an infanticide law in the UK. A Judge can here a plea that the mother was mentally disturbed due to child birth, as a man I can understand that, for me to squeeze out a solid 7lbs turd in one go would send me bonkers.

Forum List

Back