Most interesting time in human history is

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I’m most fascinated with American history from 1492-1800s. I really love Cowboy Westerns I think I would like to have been a settler who can shoe his own horses and sharpen his own ax. I just watched Hondo with John Wayne. Great movie.

Also I’m fascinated with the time when alphabets were created for the first time.

1846 is the time around when Jeremiah Johnson went into the mountains.

I would love to go get a good horse and pack mule and haul all the necessities to a place where I build a log cabin with a good strong woman who knows how to cook

Trapping, hunting small and large game, fishing, farming.

Building a log cabin looks tough though.

I think the most interesting time in human history was five minutes ago, but that's not what the OP is about ...

Currently I'm slacking off my interest in Sub-Roman British history ... very little evidence which leads to some wonderful tales of bravery, battles and magic ... and exploring more of the history of gun boats between the late 19th Century and the beginning of WWII ... that USS North Carolina was one hell of a fine gun boat, good thing she was in the Atlantic during the Pearl Harbor raid ... today I was quite intimate with 1895 window history, split rails and weight galleries ... looks like hand-made scrapers are in my future ... oh well ...

I'll go with Classic Greek to Roman Republic history as the most interesting ... so much of our everyday life is influenced by this period ...

1920px-RomanandHanEmpiresAD1.png

The Roman Empire and the Han Empire around AD 1

Somewhere around this time, the transition between the Olmecs and the Maya occurred in the New World. . . .

Either that or the rise of civilization from hunter gathers to farmers when we broke free of our alien over-lords. . . . :ack-1:

:lmao:

If you are interested in cowboy history you should read about the first Irish cowboys and the first cattle drive in 1654 from Springfield Connecticut to Boston Massachusetts.

If you are interested in cowboy history you should read about the first Irish cowboys and the first cattle drive in 1654 from Springfield Connecticut to Boston Massachusetts.
I would have loved to be in America before the natives hated us. How fun would it be to live with the indians and learn how to survive. Marry the chiefs daughter. Get them to help me build my log cabin right next to a river and fish and grow crops and trap furs and trade with the Indians. Then to see other settlers move in and have a town not too far away.

“Most interesting time in human history is”

The 50-year period between 1875 to 1925.

Never before has the world undergone such fundamental change in such a short period of time.
I have a good one. How about the day electricity was invented or harnessed? How do you feel when the power goes off in your home? Even after you light the candles it sucks.

No ice, tv, radio, internet, ice cream, ac, fan,

I want to live in the Wild West but I would miss electricity

“Most interesting time in human history is”

The 50-year period between 1875 to 1925.

Never before has the world undergone such fundamental change in such a short period of time.
:lol:

Every time the world has undergone such fundamental change.

That would be a time when your ancestors were living - for a very short time - in filth somewhere in Europe.
I’m looking at a book right now my uncle wrote that traces my Greek ancestry back to 1100 you half Irish mutt.

My grandfather and his father were very important people in the village my family came from. Professors and lawyers.

And because of olive oil greeks live longer than potato family Irish filth who lived under English rule. I wonder if your ancestors had to deal with preminocta

:lol:

Every time the world has undergone such fundamental change.
Not that radical of change and not in that short amount of time.

And your comment is stupid. Typical unkotard.

You didnt even tell us your favorite time in human history. I bet it’s over in the Asian part of the world. Ming dynasty or something like that.

No, you wouldn't.
Yes I would sissy. I’m half tempted to do it now. Ever see alone in the wilderness on pbs? I want to do that.

The only reason I wouldn’t do those survival shows are the bugs and mosquitoes. If they took off with them they could survive much longer.

No, you're not.
Your reply is exactly why you are one of the least liked people on this site. You come to my thread, you don’t say what time in history is your favorite, but instead you post stupid comments like this one. This is why Im sure that the people closest to you must hate the sight of you.

So thanks for leaving this thread and going to another thread where you are going to again ruin the conversation.

This isn’t even a political message board and you can’t help but bring your negative douchbaggery here? What the fuck is wrong with you unk? Is quarantine getting to your family? Having you around a lot must suck.

Forum List

Back