Most fake news is from the right wing

Most of the fake news shared on social media is coming from right-wing conservatives, an Oxford study has found

"
LIBERALS DON’T SHARE OR BELIEVE FAKE NEWS AS MUCH AS RIGHT-WINGERS, STUDY FINDS"

Yep, they're more likely to share and believe fake news. No one should be surprised at this.
right wing fantasy, is usually all the right wing has.

Says the retard that thinks a national $15 dollar minimum wage will do anything except cause trickle up poor.I

The term actually originated as a description of sites like Breitbart, WND, Alex Jones, etc., and their regular unsubstantiated rumor-and-fantasy-as-fact stories.

Trump was able to commandeer it with his Twitter bully pulpit.
You’re close but it originated with new websites popping up, making themselves appear like news sites, blending real news stories to establish credibility while pushing fake news articles they made up. What they counted on were folks like posters here picking them up and spreading them across the Internet.

You’re right about Trump’s use of it.

So you said CNN put out a story with some factual errors, they apologised and disciplinary action was taken...

Show were Trump has apologised for spreading false stories like Obama Birther...

Take your pick from these:
All Pants on Fire! statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact
Birther row began with Hillary Clinton supporters
The lie that Barack Obama was not born in the US has been fuelled by fringe Republicans — but supporters of Hillary Clinton, now Mr Obama’s Secretary of State, are largely to blame for starting it.

So you said CNN put out a story with some factual errors, they apologised and disciplinary action was taken...

Show were Trump has apologised for spreading false stories like Obama Birther...

The lie that Barack Obama was not born in the US has been fuelled by fringe Republicans — but supporters of Hillary Clinton, now Mr Obama’s Secretary of State, are largely to blame for starting it.
Liar. It started on a rightwing website...

freerepublic.com

I was told today that Obama swore in on a Koran for his Senate seat. I do not believe he did. Can someone clarify this for me? I am under the impression only a Congressman has so far sworn in on a Koran.

Also that Obama’s mother gave birth to him overseas and then immediately flew into Hawaii and registered his birth as having taken place in Hawaii.

Again, any clarifications on this? Defintely disqualifies him for Prez. There must be some trace of an airticket. While small babies are not charged air fare they do have a ticket issued for them.

Long time ago but there may be some residual information somewhere. Good ammo (if available and true) BEST USED AFTER he becomes PREZ (if that occurs) and it’s too late for Dems - except accept the VP.

391 posted on 3/1/2008, 4:47:59 AM by FARS

freerepublic.com

I was told today that Obama swore in on a Koran for his Senate seat. I do not believe he did. Can someone clarify this for me? I am under the impression only a Congressman has so far sworn in on a Koran.

Also that Obama’s mother gave birth to him overseas and then immediately flew into Hawaii and registered his birth as having taken place in Hawaii.

Again, any clarifications on this? Defintely disqualifies him for Prez. There must be some trace of an airticket. While small babies are not charged air fare they do have a ticket issued for them.

Long time ago but there may be some residual information somewhere. Good ammo (if available and true) BEST USED AFTER he becomes PREZ (if that occurs) and it’s too late for Dems - except accept the VP.

The anointed one Hitler Rotten Clinton was a shoe in for the presidency back in 2008 until some upstart Muslim from Kenya took the pole(Like the faggot he is) position thus upsetting the bitch into finding dirt on Obama like she has done to Trump in this election. Next time you call me a liar, I want you to look in the mirror and see who the real liar and bitch is...You have been punked,

How Can Black People Trust Hillary Clinton After the 2008 Campaign? | HuffPost

freerepublic.com

The anointed one Hitler Rotten Clinton was a shoe in for the presidency back in 2008 until some upstart Muslim from Kenya took the pole(Like the faggot he is) position thus upsetting the bitch into finding dirt on Obama like she has done to Trump in this election. Next time you call me a liar, I want you to look in the mirror and see who the real liar and bitch is...You have been punked,

I gave you a link to the rightwing site where it started. If you still can’t understand that, it’s on you.

Is Oxford aware that Facebook and Twitter aren't real news sources? There is little doubt that the U.S. news outlets invent or fail to research stories and produce fake news for the intended purpose of undermining a President they hate so the only argument liberals have left is to try to blur the difference between the mainstream media and social internet sites.

yep. you can put up websites all day long in 2 minutes and stock it with whatever you want. copy it rinse repeat and put up another.

but none of that makes going to google and typing in key words go to them. that's where SEO goes and if you only spent 2 minutes to design, build and put up a site, your SEO is going to suck balls and not come up hot in the search engines.

but at this point you just think you know it all and maybe you do. i disagree but am not going to get into a pissing match with with you on it. but if it's only 2 minutes, go do it. i'll let you borrow a domain name or hell i'll pay for a generic one for this test of ours. you put up a 2 minute website and stock it with whatever you want and in 3 days, i want to type in a common search on stuff today and i want to see YOUR SITE in the top 5 pages.

up for it? come on, it'll be fun.

You are the one in a pissing match..lol..

Listen, I used to go to twitter, or Google plus ( where I have over 1000 other attorneys that I link to bring up a law website)

Now what these Russians did was retweet the links across social media and landed on these websites like Infowars..which took on a second life across the political forums looking real.

Google acts against fake news on search engine

Google announced its first attempt to combat the circulation of “fake news” on its search engine with new tools allowing users to report misleading or offensive content, and a pledge to improve results generated by its algorithm.

The technology company said it would allow people to complain about misleading, inaccurate or hateful content in its autocomplete function, which pops up to suggest searches based on the first few characters typed.

It also said it would refine its search engine to “surface more authoritative pages and demote low-quality content” – and acknowledged for the first time that it had taken the measures to combat the threat of fake news.
then spending 2 minutes to put up a site and have it show up in the first 5 pages of google should be easy for you.

and you're the one cussing people out and getting ugly. :) i just disagree with you and suddenly here we are. big bold text, name calling, credentials abound. great - glad you have all this experience.

so doing this little test should be easy for you. get your website from 0 to top 5 pages in a week.

i take it you refuse and will just keep sending me bold text and calling me names. we'll see.

If I were to make a website and have a million bots spreading the links across social media back to my site, it would not take long. But since I am not a hack with a million bots to spread a link it wouldn't work for one person..

Why do they have several people working on backlinks blogs and retweets to get a website moved up..but nowadays if you are willing to pay a lot more money to google your law website will go to #1...

and here's where your story breaks down.

Russian bots retweeted Trump 500,000 times at end of 2016 campaign, created fake Facebook events seen by thousands

RUSSIAN BOTS RETWEETED TRUMP 500,000 TIMES AT END OF 2016 CAMPAIGN, CREATED FAKE FACEBOOK EVENTS SEEN BY THOUSANDS

we go from 500k and thousands seeing it to your sagen like numbers now.

who's doing fake news again?

I can appreciate the effort, but you know getting technical and specific is way over their heads.
that was done by word 3.

it's not that easy to make something go viral and influence that many people once. it just isn't or commercials would do it by the hour.

Most of the fake news shared on social media is coming from right-wing conservatives, an Oxford study has found

"
LIBERALS DON’T SHARE OR BELIEVE FAKE NEWS AS MUCH AS RIGHT-WINGERS, STUDY FINDS"

Yep, they're more likely to share and believe fake news. No one should be surprised at this.

For the people who do not understand how the fake news spread and is still spreading..

Fake Russian websites popped up and linked to millions of fake news bots during the 2016 election..

This fake stories spread across social media, many landing here..when you clicked on the link it looked like a true story..

Everytime that you typed in google a word, you would be directed to these fake news sites

Fk-ng Trump doesn't mention the dangers of the Russians hacking us , but instead he does a dumbass fake news award show..
This man is as dumb as a doorknob..

This is what baffles me about diehard Trump supporters (and not just conservatives or people who voted Trump bc they hated Clinton).

- Russia is clearly the enemy of the US.
- Russia likes Trump.
- Russia spent a ton of time and money creating bots and fake news sites to support Trump.

Why the fuck are these people not suspicious of their Dear Leader? Is their passion for Trump so cult-like that they can't even say Russia is a problem for the US?
if russia is clearly our enemy why did the past admin make a nuclear deal with them *at all*?

careful - don't allow one side leeway you don't give the other.

The term actually originated as a description of sites like Breitbart, WND, Alex Jones, etc., and their regular unsubstantiated rumor-and-fantasy-as-fact stories.

You’re close but it originated with new websites popping up, making themselves appear like news sites, blending real news stories to establish credibility while pushing fake news articles they made up. What they counted on were folks like posters here picking them up and spreading them across the Internet.

everyone has used it. the tactic is not party or people specific.

"

For the people who do not understand how the fake news spread and is still spreading..

Fake Russian websites popped up and linked to millions of fake news bots during the 2016 election..

This fake stories spread across social media, many landing here..when you clicked on the link it looked like a true story..

Everytime that you typed in google a word, you would be directed to these fake news sites

Fk-ng Trump doesn't mention the dangers of the Russians hacking us , but instead he does a dumbass fake news award show..
This man is as dumb as a doorknob..

This is what baffles me about diehard Trump supporters (and not just conservatives or people who voted Trump bc they hated Clinton).

- Russia is clearly the enemy of the US.
- Russia likes Trump.
- Russia spent a ton of time and money creating bots and fake news sites to support Trump.

Why the fuck are these people not suspicious of their Dear Leader? Is their passion for Trump so cult-like that they can't even say Russia is a problem for the US?
if russia is clearly our enemy why did the past admin make a nuclear deal with them *at all*?

careful - don't allow one side leeway you don't give the other.

We have been making nuclear deals with Russia since they were the Soviet Union

Wise move

You almost gotta laugh when you realize that the Oxford "study" about alleged "right wing fake news" is fake news itself. The Brits pretty much live with state generated propaganda all the time in their peculiar quasi-monarchy and national news source, the BBC . The fact that they would confuse social networks like Twitter and Facebook with news is indicative of their ignorance and bias.

Everyone has used it but that’s where it started.

"

Fake news.
9FD5A4CD-657C-4B46-BEA7-1416EDFD64DA.jpeg

bullshit.

the roots of fake news go WAY back to even before we were a country.

but hey - i get it. you hate trump so he's the evil man here.

I love how the Right prefers to believe that Donald Trump was just a gullible innocent who was manipulated into being a Birther by Hillary Clinton.

bullshit.

I certainly don't believe Trump invented "fake news"- no more than Goebbels invented propaganda.

Trump has just refined his use of Fake News as a tool to confuse his gullible followers.

bullshit.

I certainly don't believe Trump invented "fake news"- no more than Goebbels invented propaganda.

Trump has just refined his use of Fake News as a tool to confuse his gullible followers.

Apparently, you are the one that is confused.

freerepublic.com

LOL- I look at your posts and yeah- you are a liar and a stupid whiny little bitch- you birthers always are.

No wonder you slurp up Trump's fake news.

Forum List

Back