More white Europeans were taken as slaves to Africa than blacks taken to America as slaves.

I get it meanwhile while you claim I am defending that for pointing out the fact we were far from the worst offender you openly defend the democratic party of the past for their support of slavery racism jim crow and other onerous laws and conditions imposed on blacks in this country.
Please point out where you think I defended slavery for anybody. The Democratic party's acceptance of slavery in the past was wrong, and they sucked for not having a problem with it. I would never defend that. Fortunately, Democrats today have reversed their view of it. I would not be a Democrat today without that change, and acknowledgement of how wrong the party was in the past.

Mexicans are also Americans. The Tump-wall between Mexico and the USA is a racist wall between Americans - more concrete between South-Americans including Central America and North-Americans excluding Canada.
You are remarkably stupid.

Wrong less then 400000 black slaves were delivered to North America while North Africa took a million plus European slaves.
Correct, I meant to write the 'Americas', not the 'US'. Not really relevant since 12 million Blacks were enslaved by Whites while only a tiny number of Whites were ever enslaved by Blacks.

What is so fascinating to see is how leftists try to spin the fact that slavery was global. All races and ethnic groups enslaved others and were enslaved. 500,000 Chinese slaves died building the Great Wall of China, and they just tossed their bodies in the construction area and covered them up.

Slavery was widespread all over the Americas before Columbus and post Columbus every territory, colony and future country had slavery. Canada didn't have that much due to climate. There is nothing unique about the USA in this matter, it was 100% normal back then. Slaves in the colonies/USA were treated much better, had better living conditions, food, and long lives compared to what happened on the big corporate type plantations in the Caribbean and parts of S. America.
slave_trade_1650-1860_b-www.slaveryinamerica.org_3.jpg
An in almost every case it was cruel and counter productive. Making a few wealthy and impoverishing the many.

An in almost every case it was cruel and counter productive. Making a few wealthy and impoverishing the many.
A huge no on your first sentence. It isn't inherently cruel and overwhelmingly it is productive. Now making slaves fight to the death in the Coliseum is cruel and serves no real productive purpose. Mostly yes on the second sentence.

As a fan of Thomas Sowell, a video excerpt of his book ”A Thomas Sowell Reader“ came up in the menu…….in that excerpt he points out

1) slavery was not a race issue

2) more whites were taken as slaves to Africa than blacks were taken to America as slaves

Both of these are true.

Remember….the reason Africans eventually became the slaves of choice in the new world was that they could not escape the way Indians and Europeans could………

Later, to justify their owning slaves, the people who would become the democrat party began to add the racial element to the issue of American slavery……

not sure about that claim .

A huge no on your first sentence. It isn't inherently cruel and overwhelmingly it is productive. Now making slaves fight to the death in the Coliseum is cruel and serves no real productive purpose. Mostly yes on the second sentence.
We will have to agree to disagree. I think it is cruel to have your freedom taken from you. It is also counter-productive to have such a structured, inflexible society. How many Einsteins, Newtons, Platos, etc have lost their chance to contribute to society because of their birth into poverty or slavery.

We will have to agree to disagree. I think it is cruel to have your freedom taken from you. It is also counter-productive to have such a structured, inflexible society. How many Einsteins, Newtons, Platos, etc have lost their chance to contribute to society because of their birth into poverty or slavery.
It can be cruel, but it isn't inherit depends on how one is treated.

BTW you boy Plato was a firm proponent of Slavery, as it was an important place in that culture. And Newton was a shareholder in a slave trading company for decades.

Historians expose early scientists' debt to the slave trade​

Key plant and animal specimens arrived in Europe on slavers’ ships​

BTW you boy Plato was a firm proponent of Slavery, as it was an important place in that culture. And Newton was a shareholder in a slave trading company for decades.

Historians expose early scientists' debt to the slave trade​

Key plant and animal specimens arrived in Europe on slavers’ ships​

Fascinating trivia but not really the point now is it.

Correct, I meant to write the 'Americas', not the 'US'. Not really relevant since 12 million Blacks were enslaved by Whites while only a tiny number of Whites were ever enslaved by Blacks.

But what says this about Tim, the slaveholder, and Gregor, the slave, and their descendents today?

Last edited:
The point isn’t what happened then, but what’s happening now. It’s in the Americas that race became an issue, even after slavery ended.
Tell us the European nations where Blacks are running at least 30% of large corporations.

Forum List

Back