More Strong Evidence for Evolution: Anatomical Vestiges

It is you who are making claims but not showing any photos of these supposed skeletons.

What about this fossil discovery. I suppose you will say this is real also?

"The . . . fossils were found over several years and included a mandible and set of teeth, parts of a human-like skull and a canine tooth. There were also rudimentary stone tools, a carved slab of bone and fragments of fossils from Pleistocene- or Pliocene-era mammals, De Groote told Live Science.

"The fossils had the same dark reddish-brown color as the surrounding Pleistocene or Pliocene gravel pits in which they were uncovered. The mandible resembled an ape's, while the skull appeared human, and the canine tooth could have belonged to either species."

That seems just as convincing.

Are you convinced?
I.E., exactly what we should expect to find, when digging into hominin fossils from a long time ago. Species with intermediary traits between our ape ancestors and us.

Literally every single shred of evidence we have ever found supports this.

I.E., exactly what we should expect to find, when digging into hominin fossils from a long time ago. Species with intermediary traits between our ape ancestors and us.

Literally every single shred of evidence we have ever found supports this.
But how strong is that kind of evidence? A mandible (that's a "jawbone") that resembles an ape's, with a skull that resembles a human and a canine tooth that could be either. That kind of evidence seems more like guesswork, don't you think?

Last edited:
But how strong is that kind of evidence? A mandible (that's a "jawbone") that resembles an ape's, with a skull that resembles a human and a canine tooth that could be either. That kind of evidence seems more like guesswork, don't you think?
On one hand, it suggests the designer gods are really incompetent designers.

But how strong is that kind of evidence?
As strong as evidence can be, when it is what we find every single time. All in the same chronological order, in every part of the animal and plant kingdom.

Put that together with all of the mutual supportive evidence from every field of science, and the picture is very clear

Where you seem to be stuck is thinking humans are special little boys and girls of gods. Humans are animals and evolved from earlier species just as every other animal did. You also seem to think there is any real debate over this. There isn't. You are literally 150 years behind the world of intelligent humans.

As strong as evidence can be, when it is what we find every single time. All in the same chronological order, in every part of the animal and plant kingdom.

Put that together with all of the mutual supportive evidence from every field of science, and the picture is very clear

Where you seem to be stuck is thinking humans are special little boys and girls of gods. Humans are animals and evolved from earlier species just as every other animal did. You also seem to think there is any real debate over this. There isn't. You are literally 150 years behind the world of intelligent humans.
Wow, Fort Fun Indiana and Hollie!

You two may have a great scientific/historical distinction. The last two people in history to fall for the Piltdown Man Hoax of 1912.

Here is where I got that description of the fake missing link:

In 1912, a British amateur archeologist named Charles Dawson wrote to London's Natural History Museum claiming to have discovered the missing evolutionary link between apes and humans in a fossil he had dug up in Piltdown, Sussex. This was the beginning of the Piltdown Man hoax, one of the most successful and consequential hoaxes in scientific history. Dawson's Piltdown Man was conclusively established as a hoax in 1953, after decades of leading scientists down the wrong path of evolutionary study.

The Piltdown Man was a collection of "fossils" assumed to be from the same Pleistocene- or Pliocene-era early human, according to Isabelle De Groote, a professor at the Research Centre in Evolutionary Anthropology and Palaeoecology at Liverpool John Moores University and author of the 2016 article "New genetic and morphological evidence suggests a single hoaxes created ‘Piltdown Man.'"

The Piltdown Man fossils were found over several years and included a mandible and set of teeth, parts of a human-like skull and a canine tooth. There were also rudimentary stone tools, a carved slab of bone and fragments of fossils from Pleistocene- or Pliocene-era mammals, De Groote told Live Science.

. . .

In reality, the jawbones and tooth came from an orangutan and the skulls from medieval human bones, De Groote said.

For more than a century, the identity of the creator of the fake fossils was unknown, but De Groote's study, published in August 2016 by Royal Society Open Science, determined that Dawson was the most likely sole forger.

Don't be so gullible, McFly!

You two may have a great scientific/historical distinction. The last two people in history to fall for the Piltdown Man Hoax of 1912.

In 1912, a British amateur archeologist named Charles Dawson wrote to London's Natural History Museum claiming to have discovered the missing evolutionary link between apes and humans in a fossil he had dug up in Piltdown, Sussex. This was the beginning of the Piltdown Man hoax, one of the most successful and consequential hoaxes in scientific history. Dawson's Piltdown Man was conclusively established as a hoax in 1953, after decades of leading scientists down the wrong path of evolutionary study.

The Piltdown Man was a collection of "fossils" assumed to be from the same Pleistocene- or Pliocene-era early human, according to Isabelle De Groote, a professor at the Research Centre in Evolutionary Anthropology and Palaeoecology at Liverpool John Moores University and author of the 2016 article "New genetic and morphological evidence suggests a single hoaxes created ‘Piltdown Man.'"

The Piltdown Man fossils were found over several years and included a mandible and set of teeth, parts of a human-like skull and a canine tooth. There were also rudimentary stone tools, a carved slab of bone and fragments of fossils from Pleistocene- or Pliocene-era mammals, De Groote told Live Science.

. . .

In reality, the jawbones and tooth came from an orangutan and the skulls from medieval human bones, De Groote said.

For more than a century, the identity of the creator of the fake fossils was unknown, but De Groote's study, published in August 2016 by Royal Society Open Science, determined that Dawson was the most likely sole forger.

Haha, what a desperate attempt. Yes, the two of us and the entire Global scientific community are all still stuck in a hoax from 110 years ago. Dude, you are embarrassing yourself.

Haha, what a desperate attempt. Yes, the two of us and the entire Global scientific community are all still stuck in a hoax from 110 years ago. Dude, you are embarrassing yourself.
Honestly, I never thought you would fall for it. Surely someone who claims to know and understand human evolution would have been aware of the Piltdown Man Hoax.

I seriously expected you to pick up on it and say something like, "an old hoax doesn't mean contemporary people would fall for it."

I guess you can't say that now . . .

:auiqs.jpg:

Piltdown was a one man show, not a community of scientists that dug and researched this for Years.
Yes a conspiracy of Atheists!

Seymour Flops the FRAUD Gutted again.

NatGeo article/pic

1643420567485.png

`

Last edited:
Honestly, I never thought you would fall for it. Surely someone who claims to know and understand human evolution would have been aware of the Piltdown Man Hoax.

I seriously expected you to pick up on it and say something like, "an old hoax doesn't mean contemporary people would fall for it."

I guess you can't say that now . . .

:auiqs.jpg:
I wasn't speaking to any specific case. You are masturbating now.

But what else can you do? You would fail a 7th grade science quiz. Any room of educated people would laugh at you behind your back and roll their eyes.

So here you are, pulling your taffy.

Piltdown was a one man show, not a community of scientists that dug and researched this for Years.
Yes a conspiracy of Atheists!
Seymour Flop the FRAUD.

NatGeo article/pic

View attachment 594072

`
So, that was a one-time thing? There have been no other evolutionary hoaxes?

The above is still an illustration, not a photograph. Why are you afraid to show the actual bones?

How do you know that "H. naledi" is not yet another amalgamation hoax?

How do you know that it isn't simply a human with Microcephaly?

So we have here yet another manbaby whose intellect failed to launch due to religious brianwashing.

Clearly these crybaby frauds are losing eleventy trillion to zero on the scoreboard.

So what else can they do, besides come here and masturbate? They would get laughed out of the room of any educated company. Most women would head for the door the moment their anti-intellectual diarrhea started dribbling from their mouths.

The best part is how they declare victory. Every time.

Poor little dummies.

And Frannie here is the most pathetic of all.

So, that was a one-time thing? There have been no other evolutionary hoaxes?

The above is still an illustration, not a photograph. Why are you afraid to show the actual bones?

How do you know that "H. naledi" is not yet another amalgamation hoax?

How do you know that it isn't simply a human with Microcephaly?
Actual bones would mean nothing to you and you would say so.
Are you a paleontologist?

Piltdown was one man's find, this was dug up over years by Scores of educated people.
All lying/fraudulent?
It was ONLY scientists in fact, that could and did out Piltdown as fake.

You raging ***hole.

You're just another Deluded 'Liar for Jesus' whose been utterly beaten here.

`

Actual bones would mean nothing to you and you would say so.
Are you a paleontologist?
Are you?

If I were a paleontologist, you can bet that I would look at bones, not drawings of bones.

Piltdown was one man's find, this was dug up over years by Scores of educated people.
All lying/fraudulent?
It was ONLY scientists in fact, that could and did out Piltdown as fake.

You raging ***hole

You're just another Deluded Liar for Jesus whose been utterly beaten here.

`
Well, this is certainly an emotional topic for you.

Yes, Piltdown Man is not 100% identical to H. Naledi. Mainly because no one thing is ever 100% identical to anything else.

Maybe I should see if there are any other hoaxes of evolutionary science and start a thread about that.

Ya think?

. . .

It's 2022 and religious extremists are still falling for the Piltdown man hoax.

Not surprisingly, it was the science community that corrected the error. It was development of a new dating technique, the fluorine absorption test, that ended it.

Not surprisingly, which is not surprising, it wasn't the community of religious extremists / creation ministries which developed the fluorine adsorption test, it was the science community. As we know, it is the community of religious extremists / creation ministries that hope to tear down science in favor of promoting their fears and superstitions.

Perhaps bring that up at your next Jim Jones Memorial love-fest.

It's 2022 and religious extremists are still falling for the Piltdown man hoax.
Maybe they are. Do you have examples?

I provided two examples of Darwinians falling for it in 2022. I believe you were one of them, but there seems to be three or four of you that all use the same words, so it's hard to tell who is who.

Maybe they are. Do you have examples?

I provided two examples of Darwinians falling for it in 2022. I believe you were one of them, but there seems to be three or four of you that all use the same words, so it's hard to tell who is who.

You provided nothing but the same, tired, cutting and pasting that mimics the other religious extremists who cut and paste similar anti-science material they find on wiki.

Do statues of the so-called virgin Mary really bleed from the eyes?

Forum List

Back