More glaring evidence of failed liberal policy and liberal LIES

Republican LIES...

The con is pretty easy to see when you read the actual CRS report. Senate Republicans are counting 83 separate (and wildly different) programs as “welfare” in order to make the case that the government is spending more on poor people than old people. The majority of this money is Medicaid and CHIP, which are healthcare spending, which is increasing for the same reason that Medicare spending is increasing, which is that healthcare costs are increasing. (And Medicaid is much less generous than Medicare, because it is a program for poor people, not old people.) But so many other things now also count as welfare, including Pell Grants, public works spending, Head Start, child support enforcement, the Child Tax Credit, Foster Care assistance, housing for old people, and much more. They’re also counting the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is, traditionally, the form of “welfare” that conservative Republicans actually support. Basically, all social spending (though specifically not spending on rich old people or on healthcare for veterans with service-related disabilities, which Republicans requested be excluded from the CRS report) now counts as “welfare.”

So we’ve learned that when you count everything — especially Medicaid and CHIP — as “welfare,” it is easy to make it look like “welfare” is very expensive, because healthcare is very expensive. This dumb lie will live forever, and you will hear until the end of your days that “the government spends more on welfare than it does on defense.”

I love how to attempt to omit Medicaid, as if it weren't welfare, simply because of how expensive it is. The fact is, we spend $500 billion and change on defense, while spending a mind-numbing $1 trillion on the parasite class. The facts are the facts, no matter how inconvenient you find them...

When I hear someone talk like you, I can only think of one historical fact. Every genocide, holocaust and human tragedy throughout history was preceded by some group of human beings dehumanized and degraded to the level of 'parasites'.

Raised by wolves creates wolves.

Forum List

Back