More economic GOOD news?

Sad to hear that the economy isn't growing. Not surprising, but sad nonetheless.

We need to fix the actual problem instead of just throwing money around.

Yeah......too bad a corporation couldn't just fix things and make everyone rich......

Oh wait.......BP tried that by drenching our shores with oil. Wanna know why the jobs reports suck this month? Because the oil has been filling the Gulf and people's jobs are flying out the window.

Yeah.........tell me again why the economy isn't growing. Corporations keep fucking it up. Started with Freddie and Fannie, then Halliburton, and now BP.

Want to know why the economy is fucked? Greedy CEO's don't give a shit.

Insert picture of whatever pops into your head that best describes an idiot here.....

It's always some NEW crisis that the left gets to blame the unemployment numbers on. A few months ago is was all the snow...then a month later is was all the flooding from the melting snow...now it's BP's fault! It's amazing!

Hell, your government doesn't give a s...t. This is Obama's flood the basement economic policy.

Right now we are into JUNE 2010- typically the highest month employment of the year and-15 months after we the taxpayers of this country paid 787 billion in the economic stimulus bill that wasn't and WE LOST JOBS. And the only thing we have to brag about is 41,000 TEMPORARY goverment paid census workers.

Last edited:
Poor rightwinger.

The guy is so wrong so often about so many things, one must hope he is doing it on purpose...

nah....he believes his drivel...its why he is avoiding this thread like the plague...and there is no way he missed it....i titled almost identical to his usually hack economic news threads

most extreme hacks are cowards and can't face evidence that doesn't support their world view, i thought he wasn't one of those, just a regular hack....but his avoidence of this thread....

I do believe you are twisting the knife just a bit here.

Carry on...:lol:

its unfortunate, because 'right'winger occasionally makes good posts...the fact he read this thread and avoided posting in it, only makes him look like a extreme hack

Conservatives are in the position of contending that May and June of 2009 was the economic direction they will be persuading people to accept in November 2010, and that the job creation of May, 2010 is the wrong direction.

The value-free dollar of the Black Hole in the Universe of U. S. Presidential Administrations, 2001-2009, is what the Conservatives are for.

Anyone going through the thread can spot what Conservatives are for!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Sidwell Friends School denizens know that pittance is the basic Civil Right of U.S.A. Learn pricey, female arts instead, Then Go To Ivy League Schools!)

Last edited:
Poor rightwinger.

The guy is so wrong so often about so many things, one must hope he is doing it on purpose...

indeed..............Ive been political blogging and pwning liberals for about 5 years now...........and I'd be hard pressed to find a board member anywhere how is that far beyond gone. Politically has the IQ of a handball...........gotta be the thatched cottage syndrome.

The Liberal Schedule M, refundable tax credit, and the liberal home-buyer's tax credit, and the Liberal "Cash-for Clunkers," and the Liberal public works of the Stimulus itself: Only measure about a half of even the Stimulus itself.

Even now, the Head-Admiral-In-Charge, (HAIC--Head Anglo In Charge). in the Obama Administration BP spill clean-up operation: Has announced an active outreach for the locally unemployed to actually hold real payroll clean-up jobs.

And so the silence of the analysts, on the real June 4 report: Continues To Deafen. There was money being paid in May, likely not being counted as payroll!

How can that happen, Analysts Don't Ask, and Don't Tell(?)!

Subsequent the rebates of two years ago: Then the Reagan Trajectory flooded the rich with bail-outs that froze everything up. Even State and Local grade, pricey bureaucrats, got a bail-out. The basement had not been getting "flooded" since the Tax Rebates of 2008. A Tsunami, even, that was not.

That all had Ivy League support. "Just Look At What We All Have To Put Up With," became their "mantra(?)!" It was as though a new, "Silent Majority," had suddenly appeared!

(Shoot Great Arrow Into Sky! Half-Wit Father Start To Fly! Soar Like Osprey, Out To Kill! Discovers, finally, BP spill!")

Last edited:
Damn, you are right!

This is more economic GOOD NEWS

Excluding 411,000 temporary Census workers, payrolls rose by 20,000 in May. According to the survey of 400,000 business establishments, private-sector payrolls increased by 41,000, the fifth straight monthly gain.

Unemployment rate DROPPED from 9.9% to 9.7%

Hey boys, we all would like the economy to magically fix itself. But a positive report is still a positive report.

We did not lose jobs last month like we did for eight consecutive months under that previous president we are not allowed to mention

The U. S. Presidency that came before this one was The Great Black Hole In The Universe of U. S. Presidential Administrations.

That should be mentioned. Many want to say, "We are now actually past all that."

Notice that is being said, less and less: As even Time rolls along(?)! No one even explains how they got that cover, out of the bird cage: From the universe of magazines!

(It is, however, in fact being noted that Obama is the first African-American President in U. S. History, as though that was worthy of note! 20% Afrikaner, 80% Not Too Up On Things. . . .(?)! It takes a liberal!"

The U. S. Presidency that came before this one was The Great Black Hole In The Universe of U. S. Presidential Administrations.

That should be mentioned. Many want to say, "We are now actually past all that."

Notice that is being said, less and less: As even Time rolls along(?)! No one even explains how they got that cover, out of the bird cage: From the universe of magazines!

(It is, however, in fact being noted that Obama is the first African-American President in U. S. History, as though that was worthy of note! 20% Afrikaner, 80% Not Too Up On Things. . . .(?)! It takes a liberal!"

Black hole? I don't know....more like a lost decade

The economy showed a net loss, debt skyrocketed, we got involved in two wars, US credibility around the world was destroyed (lying to start a war and engaging in torture will do that)

We will have to spend most of the current decade repairing the damage

Last edited:
It should be noted that nearly half the 96 months when Bush was President, the nonfarm payrolls number was less than +41,000.

I am not making any judgments about Bush, but for the people who are making judgments about Obama and who wish to make everything political, remember job growth under Bush coming out of the recession was the weakest of any recovery since WWII. In fact, in the 96 months Bush was President, the nonfarm payrolls was negative 40 of those months, or 42% of the time. I doubt all those same people who are wailing about a weak recovery now were making the same noises then.

Here is the data.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Damn, you are right!

Excluding 411,000 temporary Census workers, payrolls rose by 20,000 in May. According to the survey of 400,000 business establishments, private-sector payrolls increased by 41,000, the fifth straight monthly gain.

Hey boys, we all would like the economy to magically fix itself. But a positive report is still a positive report.

We did not lose jobs last month like we did for eight consecutive months under that previous president we are not allowed to mention

so bush was president for only those 8 months?

what about the other months? why don't you talk about those other months....

or is it some hack excuse that you ONLY focus on the negative months and then pretend that presidents are magical wizards who, ALONE, ruin the entire US economy

The economy showed a net loss, debt skyrocketed, we got involved in two wars, US credibility around the world was destroyed (lying to start a war and engaging in torture will do that)

hacks like you crack me up....

the cyclical economy happens to grow under a president you don't like...no word from you on how awesome bush did when the economy (mainly the housing market) was rising.....

as soon as the economy (housing bubble burst) goes down....you're right there with your hack fork blaming ONLY bush

take some civic or basic government courses at your local junior high school, you might actually learn something

In Southern California, "Bubbles" was actually the name of a whale, at Marineland all year round. Bubbles lived and stopped living. On the planet, there are nearly 7.0 bil people. They live and will stop living.

Bubbles consumes, the 7.0 bil. consume. None of the mentiioned are in lockstep in a cycle. Proof: The housing economy was caused, and not a usual cycle of any known creation. The emergency hiring now commencing in the Gulf is not even a motor-cycle.

BP is renewing its own stimulus checks, which are not a part of a usual business cycle, nor are they are part of the U. S. Stimulus program.

The two phony wars were badly supplied, and the instigation was not a part of some normal fanatical cycle.

Usual business, government, and lay-about behavior is better explained from arithmetic. Bush sent in procurment money for the rich. The outcome was unable to pay the mortages of the poor.

That is arithmetic.

(Rich Ivy League does not regard the mortgage crisis in any manner a segregation problem of any type!)

Damn, you are right!

so bush was president for only those 8 months?

what about the other months? why don't you talk about those other months....

or is it some hack excuse that you ONLY focus on the negative months and then pretend that presidents are magical wizards who, ALONE, ruin the entire US economy

Sort of like a Poker Game.....

You might have been up at some point, but what matters is what you walk away from the table with

hacks like you crack me up....

the cyclical economy happens to grow under a president you don't like...no word from you on how awesome bush did when the economy (mainly the housing market) was rising.....

as soon as the economy (housing bubble burst) goes down....you're right there with your hack fork blaming ONLY bush

take some civic or basic government courses at your local junior high school, you might actually learn something

Oh....I get it now

Bush wasn't responsible for the economic crash that defined his presidency, it was just some pesky economic cycle.......(that he turned into a near depression)

It should be noted that nearly half the 96 months when Bush was President, the nonfarm payrolls number was less than +41,000.

I am not making any judgments about Bush, but for the people who are making judgments about Obama and who wish to make everything political, remember job growth under Bush coming out of the recession was the weakest of any recovery since WWII. In fact, in the 96 months Bush was President, the nonfarm payrolls was negative 40 of those months, or 42% of the time. I doubt all those same people who are wailing about a weak recovery now were making the same noises then.

Here is the data.

What was the unemployment rate during all of Bush's term, except the last 9 months? Oh yeah, about half what it is now.

Here is the data.

What was the unemployment rate during all of Bush's term, except the last 9 months? Oh yeah, about half what it is now.

Rabbi is correct...

Bush was given a solid economy by Clinton with low unemployment........too bad for us that he fucked it up so thoroughly

Here is the data.

Rabbi is correct...

Bush was given a solid economy by Clinton with low unemployment........too bad for us that he fucked it up so thoroughly

I would hardly call 7 years of expansion "fucking up". Nor would I saw that Clinton's recession economy after the dot com bust was solid.
But spin away.

Here is the data.

Yup. He was nowhere near as bad as Reagan.

PresidentUnemployment.png

Rabbi is correct...

I would hardly call 7 years of expansion "fucking up". Nor would I saw that Clinton's recession economy after the dot com bust was solid.
But spin away.

Bush came in as President with the Dow Jones at 10,750 after eight years of "expansion" he left with the Dow at 8150.

The economy boomed under Clinton. Bush left the country in a shambles, both economically and politically

Here is the data.

Yup. He was nowhere near as bad as Reagan.

And the purpose of that was?
Reagan inherited an economy that had been mismanaged for about 20 years. Stagflation was rampant. Yes, it takes time to fix something like that. Showing an average is misleading.

Forum List

Back