More Common Core Indoctrination: “The People Must Obey The Government’s Commands”

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
holy smokes...some have called it, communist core
the test paper is at the site to see it

SNIP:

Wow, indoctrination tied up as instruction on possessives. This is reportedly part of the Common Core lessons for third graders so it applies to all schools employing those standards.

This is courtesy of Chris Sardegna. In case you question the above, Chris even provides the answer key and a teacher’s power point.

So third graders are learning:
-it is the President’s job to make everything fair
-the people must obey the commands of government officials
-the individual’s wants are less important than the nation’s well-being.

all of it here
More Common Core Indoctrination: ?The People Must Obey The Government?s Commands? | Weasel Zippers

Last edited:
If you didn't know, the constitution was built with many classical republican ideas. Even Thomas Jefferson believed that society must be healthy for the individual to flourish. While I disagree with the current common core layout, teaching third graders about common law, and civic virtue seems pretty important to me.

If you didn't know, the constitution was built with many classical republican ideas. Even Thomas Jefferson believed that society must be healthy for the individual to flourish. While I disagree with the current common core layout, teaching third graders about common law, and civic virtue seems pretty important to me.

It probably beats teaching kids that George Washington cut down a cherry tree.

What concepts do you want to push on a third grader?

Fairness, obeying authority figures, learning to abandon selfishness for the good of the country?

What alien concepts

Reading, writing, math, science, history, economics, speech, computer science, etc

All subjects that should be taught before anything else.

These are all great but should not be taught over thinking independently. Everything else means nothing unless the child is taught to think analytically, compare sources, form an opinion, support that opinion with facts, etc.

Reading, writing, math, science, history, economics, speech, computer science, etc

These are all great but should not be taught over thinking independently. Everything else means nothing unless the child is taught to think analytically, compare sources, form an opinion, support that opinion with facts, etc.

Terrorist Teacher Opposed to Common Core arrested

10299083_808107572543589_9052171025408433095_n.jpg

Fairness, obeying authority figures, learning to abandon selfishness for the good of the country?

What alien concepts

Thats the parents job,not the schools
's and the soon we stop this crap the better.

The schools should be teaching reading writing ,ect. thats what they are there for .

The best part is we're paying for our own destruction.

How cool is that?!

Our taxes support an infrastructure that's hostile to our very existence. Have to congratulate the Communists and their Democrat sock puppets for defeating us at home

It looks to me that the actual lesson is about possessive nouns (English grammar), not history or government. That being said, many of the statements in the assignment are not factual. Are the statements incorrect because of common core or is it because the teacher that made up the assignment is not qualified in the areas of History or civics?

So what is it you want? You want more testing or less? More accountability or less? Higher standards? If so, where are they? If the common core is bad that's fine. What do you want? Do you have a clue? In my mind probably not.

holy smokes...some have called it, communist core
the test paper is at the site to see it

SNIP:

Wow, indoctrination tied up as instruction on possessives. This is reportedly part of the Common Core lessons for third graders so it applies to all schools employing those standards.

This is courtesy of Chris Sardegna. In case you question the above, Chris even provides the answer key and a teacher’s power point.

So third graders are learning:
-it is the President’s job to make everything fair
-the people must obey the commands of government officials
-the individual’s wants are less important than the nation’s well-being.

all of it here
More Common Core Indoctrination: ?The People Must Obey The Government?s Commands? | Weasel Zippers

But, Stephanie, you got it all wrong. It's just a lesson on possessive nouns. :lol:

What would really be great: universal school choice.

That way parents would decide what school's curriculum is best for their kids, not self-anointed busy bodies in the government or self-anointed busy bodies who can't make out the difference between statist propaganda and real education.

So what is it you want? You want more testing or less? More accountability or less? Higher standards? If so, where are they? If the common core is bad that's fine. What do you want? Do you have a clue? In my mind probably not.

Liberty is what she wants, for crying out loud!

:lol:

You must be a leftist.

What alien concepts

Is it that hard to explain that the President has to be elected by the people?

When Mommy and Daddy hire a team of builders to build a house,
they HIRE professionals to do the work THEY want. And the teams
follow the plans THEY approve for the house.

You don't just pay people and "let them build" according to whatever plans the team can throw together and pass (under whatever budget and timeframe they can write up).

Is this more fifth grade level? Can third graders understand at least
part of the idea of hiring out work? And choosing the best people for the job?

From what I understand from talking with experienced teachers
who have taught for years,
the system was fine with nationally normed tests
that were for assessment of students alone.

When it got to these state tests that funding was based on,
then it got politicized. Everything became about "teaching to the tests"
and taking focus and class time away from actual classroom time,
interaction and material that needs to be taught.

It became "what is convenient for govt testing to justify policy decisions"
and was not about the students, classroom experience, and teaching content.

The teachers I knew who saw this coming, all warned against it.
The really good teachers retired and got out of the system
before all the "good intentions" regulations kicked in that
made the public education system such a nightmare for teachers
unless they have them mindset of bureaucrats and can think that way.

Sadly, many teachers do not, and shift into private schools or their own businesses.

So many charter schools and tutoring developed for kids either struggling to
navigate through an increasingly complex system, or who drop out altogether
and go through alternative means of getting their GED and course credits for school.

I think the policies such as "no pass no play"
fall under the saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

All these programs intended to help students end up having the
opposite effects where people listen to politicians or unions with their own interests,
and fail to listen to what teachers and students need to succeed in school.

Forum List

Back