More big government from Obama

DiamondDave

Army Vet
Jun 30, 2008
MD, on the Potomac River
800 new IRS employees... 210 billion or so extra expense for the IRS

Go figure... Obama claims to try and eliminate loopholes (supposedly) and actually increases the size and influence of the IRS...

Just saw this on a news flash on CNN here in the office...

What a freaking tool

My fault... he CLAIMS this will "save" 210 billion

Obama seeks tax changes for U.S. firms overseas

CNN's headlines on the screen were a bit misleading/confusing

But adding 800 more workers is going to save the govt money??? Don't think so

Now while I am for elimination of loopholes, etc, in our tax codes... this seems like a tiny target, instead of going for all loopholes.. and a bit of phony math in supposed cost savings

$20 billion a year saved is certainly a step in the right direction, IMO.
If it isn't returned to the people, or used to pay down the debt, it's not a step in the right direction.

What are the chances that government will return that money to the people or use it to pay off the national debt faster? NONE, IMO.

If it isn't returned to the people, or used to pay down the debt, it's not a step in the right direction.

What are the chances that government will return that money to the people or use it to pay off the national debt faster? NONE, IMO.

Not to mention the irrational logic of needing MORE of an increase in expense to deal with a supposed simplification (or elimination) of loopholes

While I agree with him trying to eliminate the loopholes, beefing up the IRS to do it is just bullshit

Reducing the amount of borrowing the Govt does is a step in the right direction as well, IMO.

800 new IRS employees... 210 billion or so extra expense for the IRS

Go figure... Obama claims to try and eliminate loopholes (supposedly) and actually increases the size and influence of the IRS...

Just saw this on a news flash on CNN here in the office...

What a freaking tool

The IRS has needed additional audit agents for decades. Contrary to what the US Chamber of Commerce would have you believe, corporations that offshore don't do it with the intent of being kind and generous to customers by using that vehicle to keep prices low. They do it to enrich their stockholders and bonus accounts. Last I looked, Halliburton alone has 17 subsidiaries set up in the Caymens.

Most Companies Pay No Federal Income Tax - CBS News
GAO Study Also Finds 68% Of Foreign Companies In U.S. Avoid Corporate Taxes

Forum List

Back