More actions from the Nanny State...banning kids under 13 from all social media.

Some parents are supporting their children with 2 jobs and may not know the kid found the key to the firearms safe. And kids with working parents do not always tell them of their plan of taking their guns to town because they know they'll get in trouble and deprived of a week's allowance which may not amount to much. IOW, some kids are sneaky whereas others would never even consider opening the lock to take a firecracker, much less a weapon to harm a foe.

I'm not a judge, but kids do stupid things for which the best parental effort may have failed, and at some point the errant child who knows better should not do dangerous things but will crater to a pal who can't wrap his mind around leaving well enough alone. At some point the child grows up because he has to. Hopefully it is before he takes another person to be his gun target that could ruin a family's trust. Luck sometimes thrives when guns are stored separated from their ammunition which is intentionally hidden properly.by a responsible parent.

Some parents are supporting their children with 2 jobs and may not know the kid found the key to the firearms safe. And kids with working parents do not always tell them of their plan of taking their guns to town because they know they'll get in trouble and deprived of a week's allowance which may not amount to much. IOW, some kids are sneaky whereas others would never even consider opening the lock to take a firecracker, much less a weapon to harm a foe.
I get it. Parenting is hard. But it's our responsibility to raise children who aren't a threat to society.
I'm not a judge, but kids do stupid things for which the best parental effort may have failed, and at some point the errant child who knows better should not do dangerous things but will crater to a pal who can't wrap his mind around leaving well enough alone. At some point the child grows up because he has to. Hopefully it is before he takes another person to be his gun target that could ruin a family's trust. Luck sometimes thrives when guns are stored separated from their ammunition which is intentionally hidden properly.
Sure. And I'm not saying it's always black and white. Usually it isn't. But often, the negligence of the parents is clearly a contributing factor. When it is, they should be held accountable.

I'm sorry to hear about your family's misfortune. I've had some to, and it sucks. But I don't think that really changes my argument.

A few weeks back, a bunch of thugs shot up a crowd in KC. Almost all of them were juveniles with guns. The parents of those kids should be put on trial. I'm not saying every parent who's kids fuck up is to blame, but often there is massive negligence involved and we should make people pay for the suffering they inflict on others, even if it's indirectly, through their children.
I don't like the idea of making other people pay for the crimes of their family members.

I don't like the idea of making other people pay for the crimes of their family members.
Parents are accountable for the actions of their minor children. If you let your kid run hog wild through a store and they break merchandise, you'll have to pay for it. Why should it be any different if they harm someone?

Question: If I bring home a dangerous animal, unleash it on the neighborhood and it kills someone - shouldn't I be held accountable?

Parents are accountable for the actions of their minor children. If you let your kid run hog wild through a store and they break merchandise, you'll have to pay for it. Why should it be any different if they harm someone?

Question: If I bring home a dangerous animal, unleash it on the neighborhood and it kills someone - shouldn't I be held accountable?
Sure, maybe civilly, I thought you were talking criminally.

Sure, maybe civilly, I thought you were talking criminally.
I was. Why not criminally? Dog owners are criminally liable for dog attacks, depending on the circumstances. And kids are a lot more dangerous than dogs.

It is fucking weird that the gop is now the party of micromanaging your life and telling you what to do. They can fuck off.

Forum List

Back