Moon dust fired into space could help stop global warming

Why are you covering the Earth with solar panels? ... we only need these things on our roofs ... which already disrupt the natural solar energy cycle ...
I wouldn't. But if 1% of the landmass were covered with them that would be enough to take the planet from +0.6 W/m^2 net warming to -0.1 W/m^2 net cooling.

Aside from the trillions of dollars it would cost in gathering and launching the crap somehow into orbit, stuff which commercially is worth a lot for mining of valuable minerals, the stickiness of that microfine dust comes largely from electrostatic cling and charge if I remember right, meaning that it could end up clumping in orbit rendering it useless, even falling back to Earth then.

Especially foolish a risk considering that climate change can be beaten for free and safely, simply by people having far fewer kids for a few generations.

The lunar surface is bombarded with bare nekked protons ... gives the dust a positive charge ... that's why the stage hands didn't bother digging a blast crater under the fake LEM in the fake Hollywood studio in fake Southern California ...

How does positively charged dust particles behave in the Earth's magnetic field? ... well, certainly cyanobacteria will survive, who cares about anything else? ...

But only in the farm itself ... what about the local 30,000 cubic mile vicinity? ... starting with Mc Chesney Field ...
There was a second study which modeled this and they concluded regional effects that would actually affect weather patterns near these farms. They are pretty big solar farms. Let me know if you want the links. The bottom line is that converting solar radiation - that would have otherwise warmed the surface of the planet - into electricity does induce a cooling effect relative to not having solar farms. It's common sense really. FLoT stuff.

There was a second study which modeled this and they concluded regional effects that would actually affect weather patterns near these farms. They are pretty big solar farms. Let me know if you want the links. The bottom line is that converting solar radiation - that would have otherwise warmed the surface of the planet - into electricity does induce a cooling effect relative to not having solar farms. It's common sense really. FLoT stuff.

There was a second study which modeled this and they concluded regional effects that would actually affect weather patterns near these farms.

Regional, sure. Planet-wide, not net cooling. Still net warming.

Why are you covering the Earth with solar panels? ... we only need these things on our roofs ... which already disrupt the natural solar energy cycle ...
My roof is covered in over a foot of snow.
Sure as hell am not removing it every snowstorm.
Any other stupid ideas?

It'd be easier if you show that it doesn't.
It's more accurate to use actual measured data. You know like the incremental cooling effect due to PV cells at six solar farms. That's why they perform experiments... to gather empirical data to prove hypothesis.

It's more accurate to use actual measured data. You know like the incremental cooling effect due to PV cells at six solar farms. That's why they perform experiments... to gather empirical data to prove hypothesis.

Where did the extra 35% of the solar energy go?

Forum List

Back