Moon dust fired into space could help stop global warming

The energy transfer is instantaneous ... you know, "power" ... look it up ...

I'm sorry you don't believe in empirical data ... temperatures are 1ºC warmer than they were 140 years ago ... ergo ... the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and all ... the ocean water at the surface is 1ºC warmer ... and has expanded ... call it the top 100 meters ... that's still an enormous amount, with really really high thermal mass ...

The empirical data shows all sources ... assuming equal partitioning, CO2 has a small part of the overall effect ... too small to separate out ... why can't you admit that? ... and why don't you think the quadrupling of human population won't cause ...

... a single degree change? ...

I call into question the accuracy of temperature data from 140 years ago

I call into question the accuracy of temperature data from 140 years ago

Sure ... better to only look at individual stations ... where there was a trained meteorologist reading a thermometer every hour ... we see the same treads ... unless you know of stations that don't show this exact same tread ... I'd be more than happy to look at the data ...

All the stations I've look over have all shown the same thing ... periods of cooling and periods of warming ... overall we see a cooling, then a warming, then a cooling and then a warming ... all of this within 1.5ºC ... maybe we're cooling again, maybe we're warming again ... things are so close just a few more clouds in the sky would make the difference ...

=====

When would you consider weather station data accurate enough? ...

Sure ... better to only look at individual stations ... where there was a trained meteorologist reading a thermometer every hour ... we see the same treads ... unless you know of stations that don't show this exact same tread ... I'd be more than happy to look at the data ...

All the stations I've look over have all shown the same thing ... periods of cooling and periods of warming ... overall we see a cooling, then a warming, then a cooling and then a warming ... all of this within 1.5ºC ... maybe we're cooling again, maybe we're warming again ... things are so close just a few more clouds in the sky would make the difference ...

=====

When would you consider weather station data accurate enough? ...

What's the average temperature of the Moon or Mercury?

Google thermal lag.

I've studied thermal lag ... the diurnal form is only a few hours ...

Is that some egg-heady-type of word you threw out there without knowing what it means? ... because the way you're using it sounds like you couldn't count the joules in or out ... why would the sea surface not respond to changes in atmospheric temperatures just above the water? ... and not expand and contract due to those changes in temperature? ...

You've never taken a meteorology class ... makes you look stupid when you pretend you have ...

I've studied thermal lag ... the diurnal form is only a few hours ...

Is that some egg-heady-type of word you threw out there without knowing what it means? ... because the way you're using it sounds like you couldn't count the joules in or out ... why would the sea surface not respond to changes in atmospheric temperatures just above the water? ... and not expand and contract due to those changes in temperature? ...

You've never taken a meteorology class ... makes you look stupid when you pretend you have ...
Feel free to believe whatever you want. :)

Moon dust fired into space could help stop global warming​

Astrophysicists say the radical solution may reduce solar radiation by one to two per cent

Very interesting proposition they're making. Do you believe that it could reduce the solar energy reaching the earth?
Conservatives would love it. They could sell more coal.
So, who is going to the moon to fire this shit ? Trump ? He could avoid prosecution.

Aside from the trillions of dollars it would cost in gathering and launching the crap somehow into orbit, stuff which commercially is worth a lot for mining of valuable minerals, the stickiness of that microfine dust comes largely from electrostatic cling and charge if I remember right, meaning that it could end up clumping in orbit rendering it useless, even falling back to Earth then.

Especially foolish a risk considering that climate change can be beaten for free and safely, simply by people having far fewer kids for a few generations.
How about far fewer but skinnier kids. Todays fat ass kids more then make up for their reduced numbers. They need trucks and SUVs just to move their fat asses around.

If you two didn't pretend to know calculus as hard as you do, someone might actually believe you did.

The article says where the heat is coming from ... why the lying headline? ...

We sent granites up on Apollo 10 to drop down on Tranquility Base ... the time travelers clued us in on the "collision" hypothesis for the Moon's formation we'd have by now ... thus the fake Moon rocks where made with confirming that theory in mind ... pretty clever for folks who took FIFTEEN SOLID YEARS to Photochop an image of a black hole ...

Completely expected ... where ever we find 3.6-billion-year-old basalt, we'll find 3.5-billion-year-old granites ... the only difference is these processes are still occuring on Earth ... just south of Mt Lassen, California if you want to go look ...

No one thought we'd never find hotspots on the Moon ... we knew they were there the whole time ... well, they found one, woot, no mystery ...

The article says where the heat is coming from ... why the lying headline? ...
By "lying", you're referring to their use of "mysterious"?
We sent granites up on Apollo 10 to drop down on Tranquility Base ...
I can find no reference to this. What are you talking about here?
the time travelers clued us in on the "collision" hypothesis for the Moon's formation we'd have by now ...
Is this a joke?
thus the fake Moon rocks where made with confirming that theory in mind ...
Joke?
pretty clever for folks who took FIFTEEN SOLID YEARS to Photochop an image of a black hole ...
Joke?
Completely expected ... where ever we find 3.6-billion-year-old basalt, we'll find 3.5-billion-year-old granites ... the only difference is these processes are still occuring on Earth ... just south of Mt Lassen, California if you want to go look ...
Without plate tectonics it was the widely held belief that the moon did not have active volcanism.
No one thought we'd never find hotspots on the Moon ... we knew they were there the whole time ... well, they found one, woot, no mystery ...
How did we know they were there the whole time? Because the astronauts found granite?

Moon dust fired into space could help stop global warming​

Astrophysicists say the radical solution may reduce solar radiation by one to two per cent

Very interesting proposition they're making. Do you believe that it could reduce the solar energy reaching the earth?
like everything else that gets ENGINEERED it always has unexpected consequences....I can just see it now....five years into the project we experience a catastrophic temperature collapse.

New Topics

Forum List

Back