Montana Supreme Court Nixes Extremist Anti Abortion laws, Citing onstitutional Privacy Rights

Montana’s Republican-controlled legislature abrogated privacy rights guaranteed by the state constitution, the court ruled:

nder Montana’s Constitution, the right of individual privacy—that is, the right of personal autonomy or the right to be let alone—is fundamental.

“It is, perhaps, one of the most important rights guaranteed to the citizens of this State, and its separate textual protection in our Constitution reflects Montanans’ historical abhorrence and distrust of excessive governmental interference in their personal lives.”

The high court sided with an advanced practice nurse practitioner and a clinician who challenged a 2005 law, styled “Control of Practice of Abortion,” that limited who could provide health services.

The health professionals also are called advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs), family nurse practitioners (FNPs), certified nurse-midwifes (CNMs), and physician assistants (PAs).

The district court ruled that the legislature violated a woman’s “fundamental right of privacy to seek abortion care from a qualified health care provider of her choosing” when enacting the 2005 law.

Hang on America. We will get rid of these anti American extremist assholes, state by state. Election by election.

It's coming, and may take longer in certain areas of the country where the most extreme anti American fringe lunatics are. But it's coming.
Privacy is more fundamental than life itself?

I dont think so

Uh, It wasn't a Consitutional right.
It was. Until the minority opinion of Scalia and Thomas was supported by the radicals trump deceptively got on the Supreme Court. The result is chaos now because emotions triumphed over reason on this issue.

Privacy is more fundamental than life itself?

I dont think so
Freedom of the individual is what America is about. Fetuses aren't and never will be individuals. They aren't " babies " that's why they're properly / factually called fetuses.

OK. The other side is that the chaos started with Roe that established a Constitutional right that didn't exist. Even RBG argued it was ill times and ill considered.

When the president and the republicans use deception to get a ruling passed that should be the first indication of corruption of the law. This is what they did. It's undeniable , that's why all the unrest and outrage. No one should have such power over another person's personal life decisions.

When the president and the republicans use deception to get a ruling passed that should be the first indication of corruption of the law. This is what they did. It's undeniable , that's why all the unrest and outrage.

OK, I'll bite. What are you talking about?

OK, I'll bite. What are you talking about?
The three new republican supreme court judges all lied when they said Roe vs Wade was settled law and they wouldn't mess with it. This was an organized effort to decide the American public.

The three new republican supreme court judges all lied when they said Roe vs Wade was settled law

Yup. So was Plessy
and they wouldn't mess with it.
Nope. None of them promised "they wouldn't mess with it."
This was an organized effort to decide the American public.

There's always impeachment. Your party seems to be a big fan of that process.

Yup. So was Plessy

Nope. None of them promised "they wouldn't mess with it."

There's always impeachment. Your party seems to be a big fan of that process.
I'm not as foolish as you are , I put my faith in no political party , especially ones that practice deception and rule without reason. I am an Independent.

Forum List

Back