Momentum Builds for Corporate Tax Overhaul

If you think making big bucks is a crime, then you're fucked up beyond all hope.

A) I never said anything that would prompt a sane individual to draw that conclusion

B) I destroyed your argument with bullet proof sources

C) you are certifiably insane.

D) you are a chicken fucker.

It just doesn't matter what percent of taxes come from which group. It's empty class warfare bullshit.

If you have a corporation that shows no profit, because it pays out your salary (which you pay individual taxes on), they why does it matter if the corporation pays no corporate taxes?

oh, i agree. if the corporation truly takes a loss or truly makes no profit, they should not pay any taxes.

but i believe we have corporations the size of exxon/mobile....our largest corporation in the country, that has gone without paying a penny in federal corporate income taxes....

we definitely need corporate tax reform, when something like that happens regularly....while the tiny corporation or middle corporation is paying through the roof.

They pay lots of taxes. Payroll taxes. Personal and property taxes. Sales taxes. Use taxes.

Why should the name of a company, or its industry, determine whether they pay Federal corporate income taxes?

we pay plenty of other taxes too, such as federal payroll taxes and medicare taxes and federal cigarette taxes and gas taxes....

YOU and your right of the aisle side continually harp on the individuals not paying federal income tax, (47% of workers don't pay any income taxes blah blah blah crapola), while they pay all of the taxes i mentioned above plus property taxes, state sales taxes, state cigarette taxes, state income taxes, and state gas taxes, and license fees like driver's and hunting licenses and fees on a number of things....?

oh, i agree. if the corporation truly takes a loss or truly makes no profit, they should not pay any taxes.

but i believe we have corporations the size of exxon/mobile....our largest corporation in the country, that has gone without paying a penny in federal corporate income taxes....

we definitely need corporate tax reform, when something like that happens regularly....while the tiny corporation or middle corporation is paying through the roof.

They pay lots of taxes. Payroll taxes. Personal and property taxes. Sales taxes. Use taxes.

Why should the name of a company, or its industry, determine whether they pay Federal corporate income taxes?

we pay plenty of other taxes too, such as federal payroll taxes and medicare taxes and federal cigarette taxes and gas taxes....

YOU and your right of the aisle side continually harp on the individuals not paying federal income tax, (47% of workers don't pay any income taxes blah blah blah crapola), while they pay all of the taxes i mentioned above plus property taxes, state sales taxes, state cigarette taxes, state income taxes, and state gas taxes, and license fees like driver's and hunting licenses and fees on a number of things....?

And so do the 50% that ALSO pay income taxes.

It is not abnormal to eliminate from the conversation all things that are equal as it pertains to chipping in.

It is not abnormal to eliminate from the conversation all things that are equal as it pertains to chipping in.

i agree.

So why should revere say what he said about exxon mobile paying ZERO or even in the negative due to tax credits/corp. welfare, be OKAY?

Do you differ with him?

i agree.

So why should revere say what he said about exxon mobile paying ZERO or even in the negative due to tax credits/corp. welfare, be OKAY?

Do you differ with him?

Set up question but a very valid one....so I will dare to answer and dare to be ignorant at the same time...

I do not know what tax credits Exxon is allowed to capitlaize on...but I am well aware of the existance of tax credits that are designed to better the community...For example, some real estate investors purchase LIHTC properties (section 42) as this allows for development in underdeveloped or poorly developed neghborhoods.
SO that being said, I am assuming there is further good to the country by actions of Exxon to reveive such tax credits.
Tax credits are designed to benefit the country...not to simply allow corporations to make a larger profit...

So no, I do not see it as an issue.

Likewise, I do not see it as an issue, per our current tax code, that 50 % of the income earners do not pay income tax.

i agree.

Do you differ with him?

Set up question but a very valid one....so I will dare to answer and dare to be ignorant at the same time...

I do not know what tax credits Exxon is allowed to capitlaize on...but I am well aware of the existance of tax credits that are designed to better the community...For example, some real estate investors purchase LIHTC properties (section 42) as this allows for development in underdeveloped or poorly developed neghborhoods.
SO that being said, I am assuming there is further good to the country by actions of Exxon to reveive such tax credits.
Tax credits are designed to benefit the country...not to simply allow corporations to make a larger profit...

So no, I do not see it as an issue.

Likewise, I do not see it as an issue, per our current tax code, that 50 % of the income earners do not pay income tax.

thanks so much for the thought out answer!

Our entire tax system must be scrapped. That includes the collection of fees or any other way government confiscates my private property.

One tax eliminates all Lawyers and Judges or at least limits their fight to only fighting over the confiscated property.

Last edited:

You don't really believe this horse shit, do you? That is EXACTLY the opposite of what today's tax credits do! Exactly why do big business have so many lobbyists in Washington? Why do you think they fought so hard to get unlimited anonymous access to election ad dollars? Why did the middle and lower classes get almost nothing in the tax breaks under shrub? What about corn subsidies and oil subsidies and tax breaks that businesses got for moving our jobs overseas? Jesus Christ, you "conservatives" are dim.

Corporate Welfare Information Center

Last edited:

You don't really believe this horse shit, do you? That is EXACTLY the opposite of what today's tax credits do! Exactly why do big business have so many lobbyists in Washington? Why do you think they fought so hard to get unlimited anonymous access to election ad dollars? Why did the middle and lower classes get almost nothing in the tax breaks under shrub? What about corn subsidies and oil subsidies and tax breaks that businesses got for moving our jobs overseas? Jesus Christ, you "conservatives" are dim.

Corporate Welfare Information Center

OK.
Hope that little rant makes you feel better.
And just so you know...I am far from dim....but you are entitled to your opinion.

You see, idiot, corporations have the ability to avoid taxes, so you may as well tax them on something that reflects their growth and contribution to the economy, not profits.

Profits is the best way to tax them on "something that reflects their growth and contribution to the economy".

But more on point corps should be taxed to the degree that they benefit from social infrastructure. And to the degree that they use social infrastructure.

Corporations owe their very existence to society, they should repay society for what they consume.

Corporations are private property, no person through government has a right to confiscate private property.

Society benefits when private property is held by man. My Freedom and Liberty suffers the more the governments and agencies confiscate.

Society benefits when private property is held by man. My Freedom and Liberty suffers the more the governments and agencies confiscate.

Really? How has American society benefitted by the corporate takeover of our culture and our government? Corporations have more influence than ever before in our lives and our government... and we are NOT the better for it, not even by a long shot.

OK.
And just so you know...I am far from dim....but you are entitled to your opinion.

Then please answer the questions I presented to you negating that ridiculous sentence that you posted. And if you believe what you typed, you are, indeed, dim... or maybe you are not paying attention.

OK.

Then please answer the questions I presented to you negating that ridiculous sentence that you posted. And if you believe what you typed, you are, indeed, dim... or maybe you are not paying attention.

OK. I see.

You perceive our government as one that devises tax laws with the sole intent to benefit the pockets of the business owners.

I am a little more open minded in my thinking...not to mentioon that I know a lot about certain tax credits and how they work (real estate).

Some corporations may game the game...and most certainly if the larger ones do, they get caught.

Your approach to a debate is inappropriate in my eyes. You tend to criticize your opponents intelligence and state certain assumptions of yours as fact.

All in all, if one does not agree with your assumptions, then they are idiots.

I see that as ineffective and not worthy of a debate.

Corporate Tax Overhaul Is on Horizon - WSJ.com

The White House and congressional Republicans are moving from different directions toward a consensus that the U.S. corporate tax code needs a fundamental overhaul, a goal high on corporate leaders' agenda.

Specific proposals for retooling the complex corporate-tax system aren't on the table and the debate over the issue is sure to be lengthy and difficult. But President Barack Obama and Republican congressional leaders are separately sounding the same broad theme that corporate tax rates should be lower.

"Tax reform could be a significant boost to our competitiveness," Rep. Eric Cantor (R., Va.), the new House majority leader, said this week. "I'm hopeful and expect the president to put some action behind his statements."

The movement on the corporate-tax issue comes as Mr. Obama and his aides are pushing a broad effort to repair relations with U.S. business leaders. Since Democrats lost control of the House in November, Mr. Obama has met with chief executives to solicit their ideas on job growth, negotiated a free-trade pact with South Korea widely supported by business, and begun searching for figures with strong ties to the business world to take top White House jobs.

A nation of morons.

We're doomed .. make that .. justifiably doomed.

Corporate Tax Overhaul Is on Horizon - WSJ.com

The White House and congressional Republicans are moving from different directions toward a consensus that the U.S. corporate tax code needs a fundamental overhaul, a goal high on corporate leaders' agenda.

Specific proposals for retooling the complex corporate-tax system aren't on the table and the debate over the issue is sure to be lengthy and difficult. But President Barack Obama and Republican congressional leaders are separately sounding the same broad theme that corporate tax rates should be lower.

"Tax reform could be a significant boost to our competitiveness," Rep. Eric Cantor (R., Va.), the new House majority leader, said this week. "I'm hopeful and expect the president to put some action behind his statements."

The movement on the corporate-tax issue comes as Mr. Obama and his aides are pushing a broad effort to repair relations with U.S. business leaders. Since Democrats lost control of the House in November, Mr. Obama has met with chief executives to solicit their ideas on job growth, negotiated a free-trade pact with South Korea widely supported by business, and begun searching for figures with strong ties to the business world to take top White House jobs.

A nation of morons.

We're doomed .. make that .. justifiably doomed.

Nahhh...

Just learning as we go.

Really? How has American society benefitted by the corporate takeover of our culture and our government? Corporations have more influence than ever before in our lives and our government... and we are NOT the better for it, not even by a long shot.

:evil:

You have that backwards my friend, government has intruded into our lives and the entire problems we face is simply the government. :evil: (the smilie was picked by my four year old, smart kid)

Corporations only have influence because government is confiscating property in the form of taxes and law.

You have that backwards my friend, government has intruded into our lives and the entire problems we face is simply the government. :evil: (the smilie was picked by my four year old, smart kid)

Corporations only have influence because government is confiscating property in the form of taxes and law.

so let me get this straight....you think the corporations are being done wrong by being taxed while us individuals are not?

Or you think us individuals should pay more in income taxes and corporations should pay nothing in federal income tax....?

I don't think this is what you mean, but you are sure coming off that way, to me....????

BULLSHIT. Corporations have influence because they are in bed with congress and throw millions of dollars at them to do their bidding. I find it interesting that Republican corporatists happily do their bidding without even once questioning what it is doing to this republic. It's a big 'ol back-scratching orgy going on in congress with corporations, and you fools just cheered them being able to anonymously spend unlimited money in our elections - they have more of a voice than do American citizens now in the media... do you really think this is a good thing? Every law passed seems to more and more favor big business and the wealthy to the detriment of the rest of the American citizens. Look it up, it's all there - it ain't a secret. Look at insurance companies, the MIC, big agra and pharma. Look especially at the meat monopolies. Then get back to me.

Tax cuts/overhauls should not be "an act of faith," but tied to performance - if a corporation pays less tax in the future, then that money should be set aside and released only when the company is prepared to demonstrate that it will be reinvested in the US to produce American jobs!

so let me get this straight....you think the corporations are being done wrong by being taxed while us individuals are not?

Or you think us individuals should pay more in income taxes and corporations should pay nothing in federal income tax....?

I don't think this is what you mean, but you are sure coming off that way, to me....????

Tax is taken from me, that tax is my private property, all corporations are owned by man, as a stock, the proposal is for the government to confiscate my private property.

Corporations are already taxed, the people who work at corporations are taxed, after this the profit made on stocks is taxed, after the corporation has paid tax on the gross earnings the profit is again taxed when I am paid a dividend for owning stocks.

To ask who should be taxed and how I feel about that is explained in the post you responded to. How I feel about the confiscation of my private property is clear.

All private property confiscated in the form of tax is my property.

Its as if some people believe that it is the other way around.

Forum List

Back