Mom who baked cookies for school bus riders for 15 years shut down by complaint

Liberals hate it when someone is happy or having fun.

Their ultimate goal is to make the U.S. into another N. Korea.

Where everyone has an equal share in misery.

And happiness is rationed and taxed by the government. .... :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
I didn't see any notation of ages on the school bus.

This could be a 1st or 2nd grader we are talking about that is being given food without the parents permission.

Young kids aren't always known for their superior logic abilities to say no when all around them are munching on a treat.

And even then,

Local News | Allergic Reaction To Cookie Kills Girl | Seattle Times Newspaper

If something happened to one of those kids, what kind of consequences do you think the school would be facing?

Take your best guess.

a 1st or a 2nd grader is pretty capable of understanding that he/she is not permitted to eat the cookie because he/she might die.
If you explain it to the kid and not guard the 5-6-7 yo from the very reality of his condition FOR LIFE.

And the whole bus of kids and the driver and the mom who baked the cookies should not be punished because one kid MIGHT have food allergy and his parents are too stupid to explain to him that he can not have a cookie if he has allergy.

that is the whole point here - the PC gestapo - because one possibility of inconvenience, ALL have to suffer.

As much as an inconvenience I find this policy apparently there is a need, although I do find it very curious that the same kids who have allergies eat lunch in very close proximity to the rest of the school population.

the allergy is a speculation. even if the kid has allergies a considerate person would contact the baker mom and ask not to use the ingredients, not to impose the gestapo restrictions on everybody because her kid has allergies and they can not explain to a 5 or 6-7 yo that he is not permitted to eat anything outside the house EVER because he/she will die.

this is a perfect example of the gestapo rule - one person's potential problems ruin the fun for everybody else.

the bolded part proves that it is not the severity of allergies that is the problem it is the mindset of the parent - if my kid can not have it - nobody will.

Last edited:
a 1st or a 2nd grader is pretty capable of understanding that he/she is not permitted to eat the cookie because he/she might die.

If you explain it to the kid and not guard the 5-6-7 yo from the very reality of his condition FOR LIFE.

And the whole bus of kids and the driver and the mom who baked the cookies should not be punished because one kid MIGHT have food allergy and his parents are too stupid to explain to him that he can not have a cookie if he has allergy.

that is the whole point here - the PC gestapo - because one possibility of inconvenience, ALL have to suffer.

You don't have kids, do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, I do. But not all kids are spoiled brainless idiots like the ones the mothers in this country presume them to be.

instead of banning the fun for everybody the idiot mom who complained could have just asked the mom who bakes not to use the ingredients which cause allergy.

If she would think not only about herself.

If the issue is even food allergy, which is just speculation.

It has nothing to do with banning fun.
A six year old can't be always trusted, which was the case here. A kid hate a peanut butter cookie knowing full well he had a peanut allergy. My son can barely remember to put on underwear, or get home with his gloves. And if he had a peanut allergy and saw other children eating a cookie he sure as hell wouldn't be thinking about his allergy.
And to claim the person is a liberal is partisan ignorance. Right wing overbearing moms complain just as much as the next mom.

As much as an inconvenience I find this policy apparently there is a need, although I do find it very curious that the same kids who have allergies eat lunch in very close proximity to the rest of the school population.

the allergy is a speculation. even if the kid has allergies a considerate person would contact the baker mom and ask not to use the ingredients, not to impose the gestapo restrictions on everybody because her kid has allergies and they can not explain to a 5 or 6-7 yo that he is not permitted to eat anything outside the house EVER because he/she will die.

this is a perfect example of the gestapo rule - one person's potential problems ruin the fun for everybody else.

the bolded part proves that it is not the severity of allergies that is the problem it is the mindset of the parent - if my kid can not have it - nobody will.

You have never had kids in grade school. Lol

I note the question I asked earlier remains unanswered:

If something happened to one of those kids, what kind of consequences do you think the school would be facing?

Take your best guess.

You don't have kids, do you?

yes, I do. But not all kids are spoiled brainless idiots like the ones the mothers in this country presume them to be.

instead of banning the fun for everybody the idiot mom who complained could have just asked the mom who bakes not to use the ingredients which cause allergy.

If she would think not only about herself.

If the issue is even food allergy, which is just speculation.

It has nothing to do with banning fun.
A six year old can't be always trusted, which was the case here. A kid hate a peanut butter cookie knowing full well he had a peanut allergy. My son can barely remember to put on underwear, or get home with his gloves. And if he had a peanut allergy and saw other children eating a cookie he sure as hell wouldn't be thinking about his allergy.
And to claim the person is a liberal is partisan ignorance. Right wing overbearing moms complain just as much as the next mom.

a kid might have allergy, but it is obviously not that severe as the kid is eating lunch with everybody else and it does not affect him/her.
Allergen ingredients do not have to be used for baking - if the selfish mom would think not only about herself and ask the baking mom to avoid the allergen.

On the more serious note, though - if the kid has allergy - the rule can only be - you do not eat anything outside the house EVER, or you will die.
kids are very well aware they can die, especially the allergic kids. They KNOW. And they should not eat outside the home food. EVER.

I note the question I asked earlier remains unanswered:

Take your best guess.

nothing. the school is not responsible. which is obvious as the kid is not eating separately from everybody else during lunch.

With all the talk about 5 & 6 year olds, I think the following from the OP will shed some light..

A Minnesota mother dubbed the 'Cookie Lady' who has been baking treats for the kids on her children's bus for 15 years has been shut down by an anonymous complaint
Tabat said it was soon time to end the tradition - the last of her three kids will graduate high school soon - but she wanted to stop baking on her own terms.

It looks like she was making them for teen-agers when they finally shut her down.

sure I did. A 5 or 6 yo is perfectly capable not to do what is forbidden and what is dangerous for his life.

If you explain it to him, not assume that your kid is brainless dependent on you paving the road for him until he is 40.

I didn't see any notation of ages on the school bus.

This could be a 1st or 2nd grader we are talking about that is being given food without the parents permission.

Young kids aren't always known for their superior logic abilities to say no when all around them are munching on a treat.

And even then,

Local News | Allergic Reaction To Cookie Kills Girl | Seattle Times Newspaper

Take your best guess.

Not true. Quite a number of schools do have separate tables / areas for those with food allergies.

With all the talk about 5 & 6 year olds, I think the following from the OP will shed some light..

A Minnesota mother dubbed the 'Cookie Lady' who has been baking treats for the kids on her children's bus for 15 years has been shut down by an anonymous complaint
Tabat said it was soon time to end the tradition - the last of her three kids will graduate high school soon - but she wanted to stop baking on her own terms.

It looks like she was making them for teen-agers when they finally shut her down.

exactly. a teenager and even a younger kid is perfectly capable of understanding what food allergy is and what consequences it will be for him/her if he eats the allergen.

Not true. Quite a number of schools do have separate tables / areas for those with food allergies.

Stop deflecting with the allergy bullshit. Were than any truth to that, the anonymous ASSHOLE would have politely asked the lady to refrain from using peanuts.

What we have here is a flaming asshole probably a Food Nazi who only feeds her stupid kid wheat germ and alfalfa and soy milk.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Well, I personally never saw these tables that are so separate from the others. Wait, did some lawsuit cause schools to make tables that are away and separate from the "normal kids?"

I mean would not shock me.

California afterall, spent a bunch of money building "gender neutral" bathrooms for "gender confused students" in public schools.

So, when did these schools create the "necessary separate tables" for these poors kids with allergies?

Never mind. I do not really want to know.

but not all of them.

this possibility is a total speculation as it never was said in the article that the kid has allergy. And it is obvious the kids are teenagers, who are perfectly capable of not being tempted to eat the cookies if they have allergies.

Any kid is and should be warned if they have allergies.

exactly. a teenager and even a younger kid is perfectly capable of understanding what food allergy is and what consequences it will be for him/her if he eats the allergen.

I developed an allergy to peanuts (and other nuts) when I was 8 years old. I knew I would get violently sick if I ate any. So from then on, I had to ask if there were nuts in anything the other kids brought to school for parties. If they couldn't answer, I didn't eat it.

On a side note, my evil sister took great delight taunting me about it. Every year, her birthday cake had to have nuts on it so I couldn't have any. I got even with her later when she developed an allergy to strawberries. :lol:

Stop deflecting with the allergy bullshit. Were than any truth to that, the anonymous ASSHOLE would have politely asked the lady to refrain from using peanuts.

What we have here is a flaming asshole probably a Food Nazi who only feeds her stupid kid wheat germ and alfalfa and soy milk.

quite possible as it is obvious that the kids are not kindergarten age and are perfectly capable to say "thank you, but no" if the problem is food allergy.

I am also sure that the bake lady would accommodate the allergic kid if she would know - people with big hearts are considerate, unlike the selfish jerk who banned the fun for everybody.

BTW the kids will find out whose mom it was as it is obvious the kid should be new to the bus, and the repercussions for the poor kid might be very unpleasant.

This food thing is a common problem across the country. The PC nazi libtards have been trying to shut down home produced goods. They don't want you handing out home produced anything. They want you to have to pay taxes, and be government managed. Bartering or god forbid, handing out food, must be banned.

I developed an allergy to peanuts (and other nuts) when I was 8 years old. I knew I would get violently sick if I ate any. So from then on, I had to ask if there were nuts in anything the other kids brought to school for parties. If they couldn't answer, I didn't eat it.

On a side note, my evil sister took great delight taunting me about it. Every year, her birthday cake had to have nuts on it so I couldn't have any. I got even with her later when she developed an allergy to strawberries. :lol:

exactly my point. Children are pretty capable to understand the danger and they SHOULD know about it as they can encounter a temptation in an unexpected form anywhere.

sure I did. A 5 or 6 yo is perfectly capable not to do what is forbidden and what is dangerous for his life.

If you explain it to him, not assume that your kid is brainless dependent on you paving the road for him until he is 40.

You haven't met most boys, and I also know it is impossible to over protect my son. Most six year old boys have no concept of what is dangerous, even ones that are older. I had four brothers, my mom spent most of her time in the ER.
My son is six and he has already had two screws in his arm, glue on his hand, stitches in face, and his big toe nail drained because he dropped a hammer on it.
Mothers trying to over protect their children isn't a new trend and it's not a partisan issue.

Forum List

Back