Mom could face up to six years in prison in accidental shooting death of toddler

Celebrate, celebrate, and another gun owner's kid found out what guns are actually for.

"The mother of the 3-year-old boy who accidentally shot and killed himself on Feb. 29 could face between one and six years in prison for her son's death.

Kelly Pittman, 26, was arrested and charged with criminally negligent homicide on Monday, one week after her son, Gavin Pittman, shot himself in the face with a .380-caliber pistol."

The 3-year-old had unbuckled his car seat, crawled to the front of the van, opened the unlocked glovebox, pulled out the loaded pistol that Pittman kept "for protection" and accidentally shot himself.
Mom could face up to six years in prison in accidental shooting death of toddler

Looked right at that SOB and pulled the trigger. Good job kid. Thank God, guns are for protection. She'll never have to worry about him eh, not while even in prison.

^ Swimming in the blood of the innocent to score a political point

Celebrate, celebrate, and another gun owner's kid found out what guns are actually for.

"The mother of the 3-year-old boy who accidentally shot and killed himself on Feb. 29 could face between one and six years in prison for her son's death.

Kelly Pittman, 26, was arrested and charged with criminally negligent homicide on Monday, one week after her son, Gavin Pittman, shot himself in the face with a .380-caliber pistol."

The 3-year-old had unbuckled his car seat, crawled to the front of the van, opened the unlocked glovebox, pulled out the loaded pistol that Pittman kept "for protection" and accidentally shot himself.

Looked right at that SOB and pulled the trigger. Good job kid. Thank God, guns are for protection. She'll never have to worry about him eh, not while even in prison.
Good

Hand me the button and it's game over. Humanity is a disease.

So long as you advocate for the elimination of the human race your opinions on this, or any other subject that deals with human pain and suffering is worthless.

Face it dude, you don't matter.
. Must be talking about abortion, and I agree.

No, pmh has stated on numerous occasions that if he/she/it could push a button and exterminate the human race, he/she/it, would do so in a heartbeat. And without the slightest bit of remorse. pmh is as batshit crazy as they come.
Give me the the button and it's game over. Humanity is a disease.

Thanks for the confirmation. The nice men in the white suits will be along shortly to take you to your padded room.
That is a fully sane opinion, unfortunately.

No, it is the opinion of an insane person. Namely you. When adjudicating something like this the legal standard used is what would a "reasonable man" think. And the "reasonable man" would say you're a loon who needs to be locked up.

Good

You progressives are certainly all alike in that you celebrate human suffering.

When I was a toddler (less than 3 years old) my family visited my great grandparents in Kentucky. I was too young to remember but I have been reminded repeatedly as I grew up that it only took me a few minutes at most to leave the car, go into their house and into their master bedroom (when I'm sure I wasn't supposed to be) and find a loaded .22 cal pistol somewhere around the bed.

I managed to fire one shot through the wardrobe and my startled cousin of about the same age hit the floor and everyone thought she was shot.

Shit Happens.

There was no way that my great grandparents were responsible for any of that.

It would be no different if they had a dog and either me or my cousin were playing and chased it into the street and one of us were hit by a car.

Or, even if we chased a toy into the street.

There is no way to keep kids 100% safe.

Not even by prosecuting anyone and everyone in the vicinty when a tragedy like this one takes place.

If its determined that she was negligent then she should get more than 6 years. I didn't touch my first real firearm until the age of 5 and only under the very strict eye of my Grandfather. Secure your weapons and teach your children how to responsibly handle firearms and tragedies like this will not happen.

Obviously this makes you very happy.
. The tone of this poster called paintmyhouse, is that of a combatant here. He wants to write something very radical in order to try and bait people to come in and entertain his twisted sickness. Sad.
Hes a consultant of some sort, he will not say what he consults...

. Must be talking about abortion, and I agree.

No, pmh has stated on numerous occasions that if he/she/it could push a button and exterminate the human race, he/she/it, would do so in a heartbeat. And without the slightest bit of remorse. pmh is as batshit crazy as they come.
Give me the the button and it's game over. Humanity is a disease.

Thanks for the confirmation. The nice men in the white suits will be along shortly to take you to your padded room.
That is a fully sane opinion, unfortunately.

No, it is the opinion of an insane person. Namely you. When adjudicating something like this the legal standard used is what would a "reasonable man" think. And the "reasonable man" would say you're a loon who needs to be locked up.
When you have 100 fish and only one tank, and one fish is killing all the rest, you flush it down the toilet. Same thing, and totally sane.

Last edited:

^ Swimming in the blood of the innocent to score a political point
Darwin Award, by proxy.

. The tone of this poster called paintmyhouse, is that of a combatant here. He wants to write something very radical in order to try and bait people to come in and entertain his twisted sickness. Sad.
You'll never know my personal life, so just deal with it.

Just being friendly

Just being friendly
Don't be.

If its determined that she was negligent then she should get more than 6 years. I didn't touch my first real firearm until the age of 5 and only under the very strict eye of my Grandfather. Secure your weapons and teach your children how to responsibly handle firearms and tragedies like this will not happen.
. What in the situation would you consider as negligent in the case ? Do you realize that cars used to have glove boxes that Iocked on all most or all models not so long ago ? What changed and why ? What if the car has a glove box that did not lock ? Should the manufacturer bare some responsibility in the case if the glove box did not have a lock option available ? Hey they go after bar owners now, otherwise if a drunk leaves a bar drunk, and kills someone. My car doesn't have a lock on the glove box, and why is that ?

Who wants to.....that is a scary place....

Who wants to.....that is a scary place....
Rusty the Redman.

Forum List

Back