MLS allows anti nazi imagery in Portland

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
MLS Suspends Ban On Iron Front Symbol After Meeting With Fans

Major League Soccer officials announced Tuesday that fans, such as Portland’s Timbers Army, can once again fly an anti-fascist symbol the league had previously banned.

MLS had prohibited the Iron Front symbol, categorizing it as a political sign connected to far-left antifa activists. The Iron Front was an anti-fascist group in Nazi Germany, and Timbers fans have flown its symbol for years. They recently displayed the image in response to the uptick in hate incidents in the city of Portland and across the country.

MLS’s move to ban the symbol led to a silent protest and several Timbers Army fans being removed from a game for flying the Iron Front in defiance.

Now, MLS officials are saying the Iron Front symbol will be allowed for the rest of the season while the league reviews its code of conduct policy. According to an MLS statement, the league will work with fan groups and diversity experts on that policy review.

“As part of this decision to update the Fan Code of Conduct for 2020, MLS has suspended the prohibition on the Iron Front imagery at matches for the balance of the 2019 season and MLS Cup Playoffs while the working group conducts its analysis,” MLS president and deputy commissioner Mark Abbott said in a statement.

I am sort of sympathetic to this and Portland hearts are in the right place. But arent we opening the door to right wing trash ? My own view is that political symbols should stay off the terraces.

Major League Soccer officials announced Tuesday that fans, such as Portland’s Timbers Army, can once again fly an anti-fascist symbol the league had previously banned.

MLS had prohibited the Iron Front symbol, categorizing it as a political sign connected to far-left antifa activists. The Iron Front was an anti-fascist group in Nazi Germany, and Timbers fans have flown its symbol for years. They recently displayed the image in response to the uptick in hate incidents in the city of Portland and across the country.

MLS’s move to ban the symbol led to a silent protest and several Timbers Army fans being removed from a game for flying the Iron Front in defiance.

Now, MLS officials are saying the Iron Front symbol will be allowed for the rest of the season while the league reviews its code of conduct policy. According to an MLS statement, the league will work with fan groups and diversity experts on that policy review.

“As part of this decision to update the Fan Code of Conduct for 2020, MLS has suspended the prohibition on the Iron Front imagery at matches for the balance of the 2019 season and MLS Cup Playoffs while the working group conducts its analysis,” MLS president and deputy commissioner Mark Abbott said in a statement.

I am sort of sympathetic to this and Portland hearts are in the right place. But arent we opening the door to right wing trash ? My own view is that political symbols should stay off the terraces.
There's no such thing as, "right wing trash," ya closed minded, authoritarian, tyrannical communist. :icon_rolleyes:

If there is one thing I've learned from Tommy the Taint's posts, it's this:

He'd never make it in the U.S.

There's just not enough governmental control over the citizenry for him...

Uptick in hate crimes? What a load of shit.

I had to look it up, MLS stands for "major league soccer". It seems to me that their banner comes closer to the communist hammer/sickle than any historic connection to the heroes who fought against Nazi occupation in Europe during WW2. .

There are no moderates or conservatives in Portland, especially among fans of an ultraliberal sport like soccer.

They can do whatever the hell they want during the soccer riots.

I had to look it up, MLS stands for "major league soccer". It seems to me that their banner comes closer to the communist hammer/sickle than any historic connection to the heroes who fought against Nazi occupation in Europe during WW2. .
I have no problem with their banner which represents a worthy cause. But allowing that opens the door to supremacist stuff like the reb flag and other nazi symbolism.

I have no problem with their banner which represents a worthy cause. But allowing that opens the door to supremacist stuff like the reb flag and other nazi symbolism.

Communism with it's history of oppression and genocide is the moral equivalent of Nazism.

YOu are a moral monster.

You have never been to Portland, Oregon have you Tommy?

Portland is one of those weird cities that you enjoy your hippie right to express yourself ( back then when I was there ) while outside Portland you had Militia and Neo-Nazis living in the smaller towns like Seaside...

So until you live there you have no clue about the region.

But a decent Movie to watch is the Green Room and even though it is fictional based on violence the reality part is I lived in that region and the Ayran Brotherhood was live and thriving from Seaside to Sweet home, Oregon...

....you're wrong Correl --there has been an uptick in hate crimes--blacks/BLM/libs/leftists are committing more hate crimes than ever before
Smollet is a perfect example
hate crimes against whites and Repubs are up

....you're wrong Correl --there has been an uptick in hate crimes--blacks/BLM/libs/leftists are committing more hate crimes than ever before
Smollet is a perfect example
hate crimes against whites and Repubs are up

THAT I can believe.

So you against the pride flag? It has become a flag of hate and intolerance.

Forum List

Back