Mitch's New Year's Whine

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Mitch McConnell: ‘Senate can be better than it is’

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell delivered a blistering critique of the Senate on Wednesday, signaling how he would run the chamber if Republicans seize control in this year’s midterm elections.

Calling the Senate a “permanent sort of shirts-against-skins contest,” McConnell outlined his three main Senate prescriptions if the GOP wins the majority: allowing a “more robust” committee process, permitting more amendments on the floor, and holding a longer Washington work week.

“I’m not here to claim that we are without fault,” McConnell — who himself is up for reelection in 2014 — said in a 40-minute speech on the Senate floor, accompanied by most Senate Republicans in a show of unity. “But I am certain of one thing — I’m absolutely certain of one thing — that the Senate can be better than it is.”

Mitch McConnell: ?Senate can be better than it is? - Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

Well Reid isn't my first choice for Majority Leader but he wouldn't have needed to do the rules change if it weren't for Mitch and his Teaparty abusing the filibuster. He isn't fooling anyone with this particular whine and he isn't taking the senate in the Fall.

Forum List

Back