MIT Scientist Debunks Global Warming Hysteria

1653060808706.png

Are we learning yet?

Yes we understand this is literally the ONLY thing you know about geology. I have already discussed this with you NUMEROUS TIMES. If you cannot pay attention I'm not going to continue.

-sigh- Like you know any geology. LOL.

I will assume (not that you will know) that you are referring to the Mid Pleistocene Transition. As you don't know the Milankovich Cycles have been drivers for warm-cold cycles on earth for millions of years, but the MPT marked a change. POssibly due to changes in ocean currents moving heat around the globe. Specifically the slowdown of the AMOC (something that could easily happen today due to climate change and rapid melting of freshwater ice sheets in Greenland dumping lower density water into the upper arch of the AMOC).

To my knowledge this is not yet a proven event, the article by Yehudai et al is from 2021. Not like you know anything about this. But it is interesting because with global warming from humans causing accelerating ice loss from places like Greenland (remember, even by your simplistic understanding of geology we SHOULD be going back into another massive glaciation...but we AREN'T) is a great example of an economic disaster in the making due to climate change.

You think you have some insight about AGW because you latched onto something related to ocean currents which you don't understand, not realizing that it is very much a related topic that shows the DANGERS of AGW.

I don't want to bore you with how ocean currents work, you wouldn't understand it. I had the pleasure of being on a research cruise in the NOrth Atlantic decades ago. We were actually tracking the NADW (North Atlantic Deep Water) overturning by tracing water to find out how long ago it interacted with the surface. I am not an oceanographer so I was not at ease on the ship but it was a great learning experience about how complex the ocean currents and heat budgets as well as thermo-haline circulation.

Obviously I don't expect you to have any technical response here because you are just trolling and a know-nothing in terms of earth science. But you might surprise me. I won't hold my breath.

So go away, Troll. You have nothing. You just have "questions" which you use to hide you astounding ignorance of these topics.
Why did the planet cool for the last 50 million years?

F2.large.jpg

Sorry, but that just doesn't work. Look at what happened with COVID 19 in the US. Science told us that we should use masks, socially distance, stay away from crowded spaces and get vaccinated as soon as possible.
It doesn't work for you, that is.
It works fine for me and millions of others who are not enslaved to you or your dogma.
Best of luck at the polls this fall and be sure to keep getting your booster shots! Lulz.

Last edited:
Actually you haven't.

Well I just did here. I've mentioned plate tectonics altering ocean circulation before. The fact that you are LYING about me saying anything about it troubles me, but it is not unexpected.

You are quickly becoming a waste of my time. I don't like "discussions" with liars and fakers.

Be honest for ONCE: You know nothing about this stuff.

Holy cow, you still don't get it, do you? Polar regions being isolated from warmer marine currents and cooling temperatures.

WHAT PART OF THERMOHALINE CIRCULATION DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??????

Wow! You don't even understand the WORDS I"M USING.

I'm flabbergasted at how much of a lying sack you are about your expertise.

Seriously dude....look up these words before you shame yourself any more!!

WOW!

Holy cow, you still don't get it, do you? Polar regions being isolated from warmer marine currents and cooling temperatures.

This troll is no geologist. I quizzed him on a couple of subjects that 1st year students would KNOW....and he didn't.

Just ignore the troll and it will go away.

Lotta MMGW dingbats posting in this thread. Always funny to watch them huff and puff while pretending science supports their indoctrinated religious dogma.

This troll is no geologist. I quizzed him on a couple of subjects that 1st year students would KNOW....and he didn't.

Just ignore the troll and it will go away.

STOP LYING, West. Just stop it.

You know you did no such thing.

I'm really stunned at your troll games on this forum. You never say anything technical because your game is to infuriate people. You are a nobody. You know nothing. But you troll like a pro.

I'm curious if you are such a repellent being IRL. You are so good at it on here and you lie so bald-facedly that it must be something you do IRL.

What is it like being a nobody who lives to simply troll others? That can't be a fulfilling life. But if it gets you through the day, I guess that's good.

I figured that out on her first day.

Says the guy who claimed to sit drill rigs but can't talk about any formations he supposedly drilled into.

LOL.

How is this trolling fun for you guys? It seems kinda sick. But I guess getting off by pissing people off is what you have to do when you don't have anything of your own.

Lying trolls. What a bunch of scum.

I figured that out on her first day.

Yup. I asked in a way that you couldn't just Google an answer, you actually had to know the subject.

If you knew it it was a simple question.

Lots of bluster and whining about how I wasn't using geologic terms........which was the whole purpose.

If you knew it, you didn't need to Google it.

It doesn't work for you, that is.
It works fine for me and millions of others who are not enslaved to you or your dogma.
Best of luck at the polls this fall and be sure to keep getting your booster shots! Lulz.
So, you're okay with a million Americans dead.

Yup. I asked in a way that you couldn't just Google an answer, you actually had to know the subject.

If you knew it it was a simple question.

Lots of bluster and whining about how I wasn't using geologic terms........which was the whole purpose.

If you knew it, you didn't need to Google it.

And yet you have never said anything of any technical level on geology anywhere on here.

Hmmm.... sounds like something a know-nothing troll would do.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck. Is probably a janitor at a local school who could barely make it through high school.

Go troll someone else, nobody.

So, you're okay with a million Americans dead.
Every American in history has died or will die.
Whether or not I'm "okay" with it is irrelevant.
Your emotional pleas are nothing more than childish virtue signaling and will be dismissed as such.

Every American in history has died or will die.

So you don't care about anyone dying? Yourself? Your spouse? Your children? Your parents? Your friends? And not living to a ripe old age and dying of natural causes but coming down with a really miserable disease and slowly suffocating while laying flat on their faces wearing a shitty diaper.

Whether or not I'm "okay" with it is irrelevant.

Since you are exhibiting behavior that can cause others to catch COVID 19 and die, it is most definitely NOT IRRELEVANT

Your emotional pleas are just childish virtue signaling and will be dismissed as such.

I think you'll dismiss me because you don't want to consider the possibillity that YOU are an ignorant,irresponsible ass.

From what I've seen, the MMGW crowd can't seem to grasp the scientific fact that correlation is not necessarily causation.

This is a truism. But it is also overused by scientific illiterates. Indeed there are various ATTRIBUTION STUDIES which attempt to provide evidence for causation. Not that you would be familiar with them at all, but they are there.

Can you ever prove causation perfectly? Probably not. That's a philosophical question for empiricism at its extremes. But we have some pretty simple rubrics that can be applied:

1. It has been known for over 150 years now that CO2 is a greenhouse gas (capable of absorption of IR energy)
2. The first law of thermo says that once that energy is absorbed it cannot just "disappear".

On top of that we KNOW humans are largely responsible for increasing CO2 in the atmosphere. The isotopic signature shows it very clearly. We also know that once excess CO2 makes it into the atmosphere it takes a long time to re-equilibrate back down to the lower level. That's because the Carbon Cycle is relatively slow compared to the Hydrologic Cycle.

No one can be absolutely certain that mankind's activities are the primary driver of climate change.

There is no absolute proof in science. So get over that. You can't be absolutely certain of ANYTHING. But that being said, science has shown that at about 95% likelihood man is responsible for the warming we are seeing now.

Considering this fact, I suggest that those who abhor greenhouse gasses discontinue doing things that contribute to them, like using power and driving cars.

Some of us have. Then we are treated like garbage and told every bad thing about EV's and solar as if coal and oil were somehow "superior".

Those who are skeptical of mankind's effects can just keep living their lives.

It is a global issue. If you choose to sit it out you are now part of the problem.

If there is one thing man has done to be the alpha species on Earth, it's our ability to adapt to our environment or adapt our environment to our needs. We'll be just fine.

You talk a big game, but indeed the kind of changes that may be in store will be very hard for our economies to deal with. Humans will probably survive just fine, assuming we don't completely scrap our ecosystem. But your country will be long gone, destroyed by the costs of dealing with rapid changes and collapse of agricultural infrastructure.

Will that work for you?

Says the guy who claimed to sit drill rigs but can't talk about any formations he supposedly drilled into.

LOL.

How is this trolling fun for you guys? It seems kinda sick. But I guess getting off by pissing people off is what you have to do when you don't have anything of your own.

Lying trolls. What a bunch of scum.
You are drilling ahead with 12.2 ppg SOBM. Bit depth is at 18,213 md / 17,202 tvd. Circulation rate is at 20 spm. SPP is 1000 psi. RPM's are 40. ROP goes from 1 fpm to 3 fpm. The driller picks up off bottom, stops rotation and shuts off the pumps and closes in the backside. Casing pressure reads 100 psi.

What just happened?

Forum List

Back