MIT proposes Brazil-sized fleet of “space bubbles” to cool the Earth

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Bubble block: Instead of injecting particles into Earth’s atmosphere to cool the planet, an interdisciplinary team of MIT researchers proposes we take solar geoengineering to space.

Specifically, the group is investigating what might happen if we positioned a shield made of bubbles at Lagrangian Point 1 — a point in space where the gravitational pulls of the Earth and the sun form a sort of equilibrium that would keep the shield in orbit there indefinitely.

This is a bit interesting. Enough is still not defined clearly but.... this is weird.

Bubble block: Instead of injecting particles into Earth’s atmosphere to cool the planet, an interdisciplinary team of MIT researchers proposes we take solar geoengineering to space.

Specifically, the group is investigating what might happen if we positioned a shield made of bubbles at Lagrangian Point 1 — a point in space where the gravitational pulls of the Earth and the sun form a sort of equilibrium that would keep the shield in orbit there indefinitely.

This is a bit interesting. Enough is still not defined clearly but.... this is weird.

What could possibly go wrong with trying to cool the earth in the middle of an ice age :dunno:

"Futurama" thought of it first ...

Diamondillium.jpg

Stupid ideas like that is why the human race gets reduced to a small handful of people every 12,000 years or so

What could possibly go wrong with trying to cool the earth in the middle of an ice age :dunno:
You can have an ice age in one area but ndot in another. One of the things that I am going to go hunt down when I have time is the UK is headed for an ice age because "a wind" has disappeared or is disappearing. I read this about maybe 10 years ago and then there was a bunch of BS printed online and I was done.

You can have an ice age in one area but ndot in another. One of the things that I am going to go hunt down when I have time is the UK is headed for an ice age because "a wind" has disappeared or is disappearing. I read this about maybe 10 years ago and then there was a bunch of BS printed online and I was done.
It's because the present temperature is so close to the threshold for extensive northern hemisphere continental glaciation and has lands for glaciers to spread easily that people should not forget the 33 glacial cycles of the past 3 million years.

One of the big advantages to this particular idea is that it can be done away with at a moment's notice. All one need do here is pop all these bubbles.

If I have some time this weekend, I will see if I can't find the wind stream that shifted or is not even happening anymore by the UK.

I think 10 years ago I posted a similar idea, but to put a giant pair of Schwarzenegger Gargoyle sunglasses into orbit, you know, climate change. We flip them up if it get too cold. Science!

Yes, Old Rock, this is indeed a Crisis inside a Catastrophe wrapped around an Emergency. There is only one real permanent solution and I've contact my friend at Goodwin Proctor about a patent on it.

arnold-schwarzenegger-the-terminator.jpg

See those sunglasses?

I'm making a pair of Gargoyles 500 miles long and putting them in geosynchronous orbit. They will be tied into a computer that monitors "Dire ManMade Global Warming!!!!" Posts on Internet sites and whenever a Warmer posts a "Dire ManMade Global Warming!!! the glasses will flip down to repel the suns rays and cool down the affect area.

I estimate the glaciers will return in about 5 years burying everything north of the Ohio River under 60 feet of ice

Yes, Old Rock, this is indeed a Crisis inside a Catastrophe wrapped around an Emergency. There is only one real permanent solution and I've contact my friend at Goodwin Proctor about a patent on it.

arnold-schwarzenegger-the-terminator.jpg

See those sunglasses?

I'm making a pair of Gargoyles 500 miles long and putting them in geosynchronous orbit. They will be tied into a computer that monitors "Dire ManMade Global Warming!!!!" Posts on Internet sites and whenever a Warmer posts a "Dire ManMade Global Warming!!! the glasses will flip down to repel the suns rays and cool down the affect area.

I estimate the glaciers will return in about 5 years burying everything north of the Ohio River under 60 feet of ice
I'm 11 years ahead of the MIT Wheel of Climate Change idiots

Forum List

Back