Mississippi Senator Suggests Sunday Voting Will Offend God

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Senator hyde-smith seriously needs to read the constitution.

The first amendment prohibits the government putting one religion above another. We have a separation of church and state in America.

No religious book should have any influence on our laws.

No one is forcing anyone to vote on Sunday. Yet republicans are using the bible to force people to not be able to vote on Sunday.

If you don't want to vote on Sunday, no one is forcing you to. Why do republicans believe they have the right to force their religion on the whole nation?

There millions of Americans who aren't christian and we are sick and tired of christians forcing their religion on us.

Believe whatever you want. Just don't force it on our nation and for heaven's sake, stop using your religion and religious book as an excuse to prevent people from voting.

Too late ... most of this list is already codified in civil statutes.

108141dfecfb27f7ad4dcf66383f899a.gif

Considering the Sabbath of Gods Chosen People (i.e. the Jews, says so in the Bible), was from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday, I think that God would be cool with Sunday voting.
Yeah, he just don't want you messing with his horse track racing day.

The first amendment prohibits the government putting one religion above another. We have a separation of church and state in America.

No one is forcing anyone to vote on Sunday. Yet republicans are using the bible to force people to not be able to vote on Sunday.

If you don't want to vote on Sunday, no one is forcing you to. Why do republicans believe they have the right to force their religion on the whole nation?

There millions of Americans who aren't christian and we are sick and tired of christians forcing their religion on us.

Believe whatever you want. Just don't force it on our nation and for heaven's sake, stop using your religion and religious book as an excuse to prevent people from voting.

You are in no position to have an opinion on the Constitution, so spare us the lectures

Considering the Sabbath of Gods Chosen People (i.e. the Jews, says so in the Bible), was from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday, I think that God would be cool with Sunday voting.
That Sabbath is for ALL Mankind, not just the Jews. But if it interfers with so many "Christians" voting, it should never be on that day of the week. The OP would just like to keep those pesky Christians from interfering with her godless agenda

Personally, I don't care what the christian and jewish god says or wants.

I don't believe in their god. I don't follow their religion.

I respect their right to follow any religion they want.

It's just too bad that those of us who aren't of that religion aren't given that same freedom.

Putting one religion before another is against the constitution and prohibiting voting on Sunday because of religion is unconstitutional.

Personally, I don't care what the christian and jewish god says or wants.

I don't believe in their god. I don't follow their religion.

I respect their right to follow any religion they want.

It's just too bad that those of us who aren't of that religion aren't given that same freedom.

Putting one religion before another is against the constitution and prohibiting voting on Sunday because of religion is unconstitutional.

You sure spend a lot of time whining about it

You have every freedom you lying sack of God Hating shit

If you had your way, Christians shouldn't be allowed to vote because "the Constitution says there is separation of church and state" (in your mind)

One person did this. One person does not represent an entire group.

Tell me what republican will vote for the bill.

That is one excuse from one republican. If others don't latch onto it, they will come up with a different reason to not vote for the bill.

What republican spoke up to tell this woman that her excuse for not allowing Sunday voting and voting against the bill because of religion is unconstitutional?

What republican pointed out that not allowing voting on Sunday won't do a damn thing to stop the vote fraud they claim but doesn't exist?

None of the new restrictions will do anything to stop non existent vote fraud.

It will stop legal voters from voting.

That is one excuse from one republican. If others don't latch onto it, they will come up with a different reason to not vote for the bill.

What republican spoke up to tell this woman that her excuse for not allowing Sunday voting and voting against the bill because of religion is unconstitutional?

What republican pointed out that not allowing voting on Sunday won't do a damn thing to stop the vote fraud they claim but doesn't exist?

Republicans are scum for trying to restrict voting but so is this tactic.

Who cares what he thinks.

What is your real problem?

Do you want us to change voting from Tuesdays to Sunday?

The ONLY reason to do this is to disenfranchise millions of voters who consider Sunday a Holy Day.

Why do you want to disenfranchise millions of voters, atheist?

Supreme Court ruled blue laws were constitutional; leaft regulations to state. The Court, while acknowledging the religious origins of the Sunday blue laws, held that they were constitutional

Here's a deal, Christians won't force their religion on you, as long as you don't force your "science" on them. Deal?

New Topics

Forum List

Back