Mississippi...more gun carrying, and after a year....nothing happens...

It is actually pathetic that anti gunners would use our low murder rate to take away innocent peoples best way to protect themselves from violent criminal attack, including rape, beatings, robbery, stabbings, and murder.............their irrational fear of guns is so intense they actually prefer people die at the hands of criminals rather than use a gun to save their own lives or the lives of others......

On average Americians use guns 1.6 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives........lives saved and not ruined by violent criminals......

And then, even worse, they drag the bodies of those poor victims in front of their allies in the media to use them to call for disarming more innocent people...so that they too can be raped, stabbed, beaten, robbed and murdered....

They are the sick ones.....

Still using that ridiculous 1.6? Debunked. And most aren't against violent crime.

Hasn't been debunked once. And all of them involve interacting with a criminal, not property crime...making it a violent encounter.....that is why the average is crimes "Stopped" or "prevented" since the burglar you confront in your home won't turn into a murderer or a rapist, because you have a gun......

Yes they have. With your number almost every gun owner would have a defense. That is far from the truth. There are only a million violent crimes each year. How is it gun owners who are a minority are defending 1.6?

There are more than a million violent crimes a year...would like to see that link? And the reason there aren't even more...because 1.6 million violent crimes each year are stopped or prevented because the law abiding citizen uses a gun to stop it.....imagine if all those people had to face violent criminals without those guns.......

Looks like about 1.1 in 2013.
United States Crime Rates1960 - 2013

How are they defending more violent crime than occurs?

As you know, the majority of defenses wit guns do not require shooting anyone, the criminal runs away.....54% of defensive gun uses end up that way...if I remember correctly......and that is only the defensive uses we know of....most go unreported because the crime was stopped with the gun, the criminal ran away and the victim didn't feel the need to report the incident of 'nothing happened" after I drove him off.....

Still using that ridiculous 1.6? Debunked. And most aren't against violent crime.

Hasn't been debunked once. And all of them involve interacting with a criminal, not property crime...making it a violent encounter.....that is why the average is crimes "Stopped" or "prevented" since the burglar you confront in your home won't turn into a murderer or a rapist, because you have a gun......

Yes they have. With your number almost every gun owner would have a defense. That is far from the truth. There are only a million violent crimes each year. How is it gun owners who are a minority are defending 1.6?

There are more than a million violent crimes a year...would like to see that link? And the reason there aren't even more...because 1.6 million violent crimes each year are stopped or prevented because the law abiding citizen uses a gun to stop it.....imagine if all those people had to face violent criminals without those guns.......

As you know, the majority of defenses wit guns do not require shooting anyone, the criminal runs away.....54% of defensive gun uses end up that way...if I remember correctly......and that is only the defensive uses we know of....most go unreported because the crime was stopped with the gun, the criminal ran away and the victim didn't feel the need to report the incident of 'nothing happened" after I drove him off.....

I don't see how that defends your claim. Are they a magnet for crime? Does this minority of the population attract more violent crimes than occur? Is having a gun a violent crime attractant?

I don't see how that defends your claim. Are they a magnet for crime? Does this minority of the population attract more violent crimes than occur? Is having a gun a violent crime attractant?

No....I don't see how you refute that statistic......the research actually shows 54%, and I would have to recheck that number, merely present the weapon or point it at the violent criminal and they run away...so those crimes never get completed.....so you would techinically have to add 1.6 million, on average to your crime number...or whatever the overlap would be.....

No....I don't see how you refute that statistic......the research actually shows 54%, and I would have to recheck that number, merely present the weapon or point it at the violent criminal and they run away...so those crimes never get completed.....so you would techinically have to add 1.6 million, on average to your crime number...or whatever the overlap would be.....

Ok so again the majority of the population has 1.1 million violent crimes. You are claiming the gun owning minority has 1.6 that go unreported? Why would gun owners have so many more given they are a minority. Sorry your claim is ridiculous. Unless guns are a magnet for violent unreported crimes.

Ok so again the majority of the population has 1.1 million violent crimes. You are claiming the gun owning minority has 1.6 that go unreported? Why would gun owners have so many more given they are a minority. Sorry your claim is ridiculous. Unless guns are a magnet for violent unreported crimes.

Brain....the 1.1 million also over lap the gun self defense numbers...why? Because in many cases the victim holds the criminal for police, or shoots and injures them and they are captured and the crime is actually reported and or they shoot and kill the attacker....in which case the crime is also reported......but again...54% of the time the crime goes unreported because the victim drives off the criminal without shooting.......

Yes...when you think someone is armed...it does make you evaluate how you respond and how quickly you might jump to a violent physical response...vs....being polite....

I assume everyone here is armed when out n about. Everyone gets "Sir" or "Ma'am" I hold a door open for everyone, etc. :)
Not always -- I find it hard to hide a gun the size of mine in a speedo.
:lol:

"The undercover narcotics officer did in fact wear a Speedo to the beach…with a concealed handgun. “Where do you think I concealed your company’s little .22 revolver?” He asked the North American Arms GM.

Answering his own question, the cop explained that he had the ultra small naa revolver inside a cup of Coke and ice he purchased from 7/11. Obviously, putting any firearm in liquids isn’t the best option, but in this case, it was the only option. Really, it goes back to the tactical axiom: It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. "
Concealability Pocket Pistols and Pancake-Style Holsters VIDEO - Guns.com

Kinda figured something like this woulda happened, some kind of 'spy' solution exists. Sure enough...:)

I assume everyone here is armed when out n about. Everyone gets "Sir" or "Ma'am" I hold a door open for everyone, etc. :)

"The undercover narcotics officer did in fact wear a Speedo to the beach…with a concealed handgun. “Where do you think I concealed your company’s little .22 revolver?” He asked the North American Arms GM.

Answering his own question, the cop explained that he had the ultra small naa revolver inside a cup of Coke and ice he purchased from 7/11. Obviously, putting any firearm in liquids isn’t the best option, but in this case, it was the only option. Really, it goes back to the tactical axiom: It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. "

Kinda figured something like this woulda happened, some kind of 'spy' solution exists. Sure enough...:)
Had not thought of that.
Perhaps I can modify my surfboard to carry an AR-15.

Had not thought of that.
Perhaps I can modify my surfboard to carry an AR-15.

Inside of a hat is another solution. Have seen it in movies. :) Good work-around for nude beaches. :)

Brain....the 1.1 million also over lap the gun self defense numbers...why? Because in many cases the victim holds the criminal for police, or shoots and injures them and they are captured and the crime is actually reported and or they shoot and kill the attacker....in which case the crime is also reported......but again...54% of the time the crime goes unreported because the victim drives off the criminal without shooting.......

So the majority of the population is less than 1.1, but gun owners are 1.6? Guns must be quite the magnet for violent crime.

Forum List

Back