Mississippi Congressman Becomes Violent With Palestinian American In Congress

I was raised, educated, and believed in the concept that America was a melting pot. That people from anywhere in the world could come here and make a life for themselves. It is our history.

We have been successful in assimilating people from anywhere, because everyone is an "American". Just an American. No hyphen required.

The hyphen implies that a person identifies as something else before they are an American. I don't like to see that as the new normal.
It was not the old normal. The old WASP Americans certainly hyphenated those not like them.

I was raised, educated, and believed in the concept that America was a melting pot. That people from anywhere in the world could come here and make a life for themselves. It is our history.

We have been successful in assimilating people from anywhere, because everyone is an "American". Just an American. No hyphen required.

The hyphen implies that a person identifies as something else before they are an American. I don't like to see that as the new normal.
But the US always had some ethnic enclaves that don't assimilate well. The Chinatowns are a prime example. The Muslim population will have their enclaves too.

That is not good or bad (well, maybe it is bad, but this is a natural thing). That is just how things roll. And Palestinian Americans is just a new wave in this.

Now we have "Palestinian Americans" too?

"Arab American" wasn't good enough to ethno-isolate the grievance group?
People should be reminded it was ARABS who smashed our Twin Towers. After the end of the Irish Civil War ,the only terrorists in the World are Islamic.

But the US always had some ethnic enclaves that don't assimilate well. The Chinatowns are a prime example. The Muslim population will have their enclaves too.
The Chinatowns are a good example, and assimilation of Chinese people is slower due to the cultural and language differences. But it still happens, and by about the third generation, Chinese kids are very "Americanized".

Muslims already have their enclaves. Their assimilation will be as hard (or harder) than for Chinese.

Enclaves are bad if the goal is a melting pot society. Slowing down the influx makes enclaves less likely, and accelerates assimilation because the immigrant is more mingled in with the rest of society.

They tended to congregate in ghettoes and vote as blocs, too; many ethnic groups still do. They were responsible for much of the corruption in U.S. politics, historically. especially in NYC and other large cities. They were counter-balanced by the rural WASP voters, but eventually the numbers win out and since the U.S. quit promoting assimilation mass immigration has degenerated the country further into chaos, a 'good thing' according to the leftists and racists. They are going to get what they wish for unfortunately, and then they will deny they had anything to do with it collapsing.

Forum List

Back