Mission Accomplished: Islamists 70 Miles from Baghdad

This comes as no surprise, of course; the same will happen in Afghanistan when American forces finally leave, just as it happened in Vietnam more than a generation ago.

What’s sad is America’s inability to learn from these mistakes.
NATO might be the one big difference between how Iraq and Afghanistan turn out since some western military force will have to garrison the pipelines (oil, natural gas, and heroin) that US corporations have invested in over the past decade. Sometimes I think what we see as mistakes from a human rights POV look completely different to those who place a greater value on property rights and private profits.

How much money did we spend on Bush's failed torture war in Iraq? Do you remember the tens of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars that were wasted so little Georgie Jr. could try and fail to win his daddy's respect?

Screw off with the Bush bullshit. Obama owns ISIS and Levant's current power and this invasion of Iraq.

He gave them back their current leader. You know. Like he just gave back 5 leaders to the Taliban. Can't wait to see what happens with those mega terrorists.

Obama is going to leave behind one hell of a foreign policy legacy.

:lol:

Well Bush was the one who started the war in Iraq. He created this mess. He lied to everyone about wmd's. Obama has been stuck cleaning up the mess. We should not have attacked Iraq. Saddam kept the terrorists and Iran in check. Now we have spent a ton of money and lives to create a disaster. Way to go Bush. We could have left Saddam alone and saved the $ and lives and we'd have a much better result.

Both sides of the aisle voted to invade Iraq. Both sides of the aisle believed because of intelligence that he had WMD's.

You can lie your ass off with every post you make about Bush. But you cannot erase the truth from history.

Iraq's invasion was a bipartisan agreement. I'm not going to bother putting out all the quotes from the 90's under Clinton that Saddam had WMD's.

But they are out there and on record. I just think you little Bush hating wankers have no use for truth.

You just get your rocks off pretending to be keyboard warriors bashing Bush and others with all your smarmy talking points.

The fall of Iraq will replace the horde of child illegals which replaced the bergdahl fuck up, which replaced the VA disaster, which replaced the CIA fiasco....etc etc etc...
How much money did we spend on Bush's failed torture war in Iraq? Do you remember the tens of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars that were wasted so little Georgie Jr. could try and fail to win his daddy's respect?

Screw off with the Bush bullshit. Obama owns ISIS and Levant's current power and this invasion of Iraq.

He gave them back their current leader. You know. Like he just gave back 5 leaders to the Taliban. Can't wait to see what happens with those mega terrorists.

Worse than Reagan's? You do remember that Ronald Reagan and the CIA were training, arming, and funding the Afghan Mujaheddin, right? Training them in terrorist guerrilla tactics adopted from the Viet Cong? Do you remember? Do you remember Reagan creating the modern jihad?

Do you fucking remember? No, you don't because in your mind, the Iraq invasion was all Obama's fault. "Enough with Bush! Enough! PLEASE STOP REMINDING US HOW MUCH THE GOP FUCKING FAILED AT EVERYTHING!"

Fiscal conservatism? Trillions squandered annihilating a country over lies. Fuck you, GOP.

Personal responsibility? "STOP TALKING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO LIED US INTO WAR!!!" Yeah, way to take responsibility for your actions. Fuck you, GOP.

Small government? The USAPATRIOT Act says that Republicans are full of shit on this one, too. How did expanding Federal authority with the USAPATRIOT Act and the unending AUMF help to limit the size and power of the Federal government? Fuck you, GOP.

What other points does the GOP want to run on? We can use the Iraq war to show how that is bullshit, too.

Well Bush was the one who started the war in Iraq. He created this mess. He lied to everyone about wmd's. Obama has been stuck cleaning up the mess. We should not have attacked Iraq. Saddam kept the terrorists and Iran in check. Now we have spent a ton of money and lives to create a disaster. Way to go Bush. We could have left Saddam alone and saved the $ and lives and we'd have a much better result.

Both sides of the aisle voted to invade Iraq. Both sides of the aisle believed because of intelligence that he had WMD's.

You can lie your ass off with every post you make about Bush. But you cannot erase the truth from history.

Iraq's invasion was a bipartisan agreement. I'm not going to bother putting out all the quotes from the 90's under Clinton that Saddam had WMD's.

But they are out there and on record. I just think you little Bush hating wankers have no use for truth.

You just get your rocks off pretending to be keyboard warriors bashing Bush and others with all your smarmy talking points.

Bush was commander in chief. Him and his administration were the ones running around talking about how they have WMD's and harbor terrorists. They get all the blame.

I guess they will eventually sort it out..................
What if Iran helps with the sorting?

I hate to say it, but as long as they are fighting and killing each other and NOT us, I have no problem with it because they are focusing on each other and not us.. I DO feel and pray for the innocent civilians caught up in this mess.
I suspect you're not alone in those sentiments, but I also worry about how the US will respond to the next New Pearl Harbor which seems to grow more likely with every additional innocent civilian our policies transform into potential terrorists.

Is it me.....or are some USMB nutters rooting for an Al Qaeda resurgence?

Such good patriots! We are all so proud to call you citizens!
It's you:cuckoo:
If you compare al-Qaeda's numbers, resources, and its potential to kill today with the day Bush launched Operation Enduring Freedom on 7 October 2001, there's no doubt the organization is larger and more of a threat to the world than it was 13 years ago.

Are you looking forward to the next 13, Citizen?

The last time I heard the words "mission accomplished" was when US Navy Seals killed Osama Bin Ladin. Barry Hussein told us the war was over.

There was no al-Qaeda in Iraq when Bush launched the war, but there is now.
How is that winning?

Bush is long gone. Get back to me George when you can get someone in the WH to give us an explanation on why they let this bastard go in 2009.
When was he captured? Before Obama was President, right?

What excuse does Bush have for not killing this evil terrorist mastermind? Was it because Bush wanted him to have a fair trial but Obama said, "No, we're just going to let him go"?

Just like with Reagan arming and funding the jihad, you little ***** can't accept your responsibility in creating this shitstorm.

Fuck you, GOP.

Hey kid. Where did Reagan get the financing for the mujahideen? Who held the purse strings? Who was in power in the House during the Reagan years?

Or did Reagan just pull the money out of his pocket? :lol: I don't think so kid.

Real history comes back to bite you in the ass when you lie about it. :D

Oh and America was not alone you bloody fool in funding the militants.

The supplying of billions of dollars in arms to the Afghan mujahideen militants was one of the CIA's longest and most expensive covert operations.

The CIA provided assistance to the fundamentalist insurgents through the Pakistani secret services, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), in a program called Operation Cyclone. At least 3 billion in U.S. dollars were funneled into the country to train and equip troops with weapons.

Together with similar programs by Saudi Arabia, Britain's MI6 and SAS, Egypt, Iran, and the People's Republic of China, the arms included FIM-43 Redeye, shoulder-fired, antiaircraft weapons that they used against Soviet helicopters.

Pakistan's secret service, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), was used as an intermediary for most of these activities to disguise the sources of support for the resistance.

Soviet war in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is it me.....or are some USMB nutters rooting for an Al Qaeda resurgence?

Such good patriots! We are all so proud to call you citizens!

Are you crazy? Seriously LL,this maniac is so whacked out AQ has disowned him. I think it was in February.

He's beheading his way to Baghdad. BUT the States, Canada, Britain and more in support of those fighting Assad in Syria allowed this monster to grow in stature and power beyond.

I am so pissed off at my government I am spitting bullets over the choices they've made. And they are my conservatives which really sets me clean off because they have screwed up royally in the Middle East and in the Ukraine.

Bush is long gone. Get back to me George when you can get someone in the WH to give us an explanation on why they let this bastard go in 2009.
When was he captured? Before Obama was President, right?

What excuse does Bush have for not killing this evil terrorist mastermind? Was it because Bush wanted him to have a fair trial but Obama said, "No, we're just going to let him go"?

Just like with Reagan arming and funding the jihad, you little ***** can't accept your responsibility in creating this shitstorm.

Fuck you, GOP.

Hey kid. Where did Reagan get the financing for the mujahideen? Who held the purse strings? Who was in power in the House during the Reagan years?

Or did Reagan just pull the money out of his pocket? :lol: I don't think so kid.

Real history comes back to bite you in the ass when you lie about it. :D

Oh and America was not alone you bloody fool in funding the militants.

The supplying of billions of dollars in arms to the Afghan mujahideen militants was one of the CIA's longest and most expensive covert operations.

The CIA provided assistance to the fundamentalist insurgents through the Pakistani secret services, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), in a program called Operation Cyclone. At least 3 billion in U.S. dollars were funneled into the country to train and equip troops with weapons.

Together with similar programs by Saudi Arabia, Britain's MI6 and SAS, Egypt, Iran, and the People's Republic of China, the arms included FIM-43 Redeye, shoulder-fired, antiaircraft weapons that they used against Soviet helicopters.

Pakistan's secret service, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), was used as an intermediary for most of these activities to disguise the sources of support for the resistance.

Soviet war in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Did you highlight that line of mine for a reason? Was it to emphasize my point that you can't accept responsibility for what the GOP has done? Because your very first sentence to prove me wrong was to transfer blame onto the Democrats in Congress for Reagan arming and funding the terrorist Mujaheddin, and secretly trading arms for hostages and secretly funneling money toward funding genocide in Central America.

Can you truly not undestand my point? It's not even about Democrat or Republican, or black or white, or straight or gay. It's about rich and poor. That's it. Those are the two political parties now. Worldwide. Republicans in government have helped make it that way just as much as Democrats, because that's who Democrats and Republicans work for- rich people. Not "the" People. Corporations are "people" now and money is "speech". Fewer than 100 people have more money than you, me, and half of the world's population combined. Their money speaks louder than half of the world population put together. Your vote is only there to give you the illusion of choice. Who do you want in 2016? Hillary or Jeb? It doesn't matter. They're the same. They work for the oligarchy, not for you and me.

Last edited:
Iraq/Afghanistan are now and will forever be George W. Bush’s failed, illegal wars. And he will be forever responsible for the consequences of these failed, illegal wars, regardless future occupants of the WH.

Iraq/Afghanistan are now and will forever be George W. Bush’s failed, illegal wars. And he will be forever responsible for the consequences of these failed, illegal wars, regardless future occupants of the WH.

Exactly who objected to the strike on Afghanistan?

The conflict in Afghanistan has been going on during the current administration longer than WW2. When is Afghanistan going to become Barry Hussein's war?

Exactly who objected to the strike on Afghanistan?
Anyone who already knew that the CIA began setting that country up in 1979 to be an endless nightmare.

Tell Dick and Dubya and Bill and Hill to saddle up, militants aligned with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant have taken Mosul and Tikrit and are moving on Samarra, a one hour drive from Baghdad.

"Clashes between Iraqi Security forces and hundreds of Sunni militants aligned with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, an offshoot of al Qaeda) resulted in the capture of Mosul and Tikrit by ISIL earlier today.

"Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city, was overrun -- Iraqi forces reportedly abandoning their posts, shedding their uniforms and dropping their weapons as they fled the ISIL attacks.

"Tikrit, about 135 miles closer to Baghdad, was attacked not long after, with little resistance -- and the AFP is reporting fighting now outside Samarra, only 70 miles north of the capital city.

"The attackers overran a military base, freed hundreds of prisoners, and have seized the Turkish consulate in Mosul, capturing and holding 50 Turkish citizens. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has promised to put a halt to the advances, and called on citizens to take up arms as well."

Iraqi Insurgents Capture Northern Cities, Move Toward Baghdad - In Focus - The Atlantic

Saddam kept the lid on that cesspool. Blame the Bushes...

Bush 41 suckered Saddam into invading Kuwait via U.S. Ambassador to Iraq April Catherine Glaspie who gave Saddam the infamous "green light" to invade. Saddam invaded Kuwait; Bush invaded Iraq. Is the US State Department still keeping April Glaspie under wraps?

Bush 43 conjured up lies to invade Iraq a second time.

The conflict in Afghanistan has been going on during the current administration longer than WW2. When is Afghanistan going to become Barry Hussein's war?
Did we invade Afghanistan in 1951? 1964? 1979? 1986? 1995? No.

It was 2001. George W. Bush. Little bitch is now hiding from justice in his mansion, fingerpainting dogs in the shower. Couldn't even show his face at the memorial for the attack that he let happen so his rich friends could make a lot of money.

http://pnac.info/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

Tell Dick and Dubya and Bill and Hill to saddle up, militants aligned with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant have taken Mosul and Tikrit and are moving on Samarra, a one hour drive from Baghdad.

"Clashes between Iraqi Security forces and hundreds of Sunni militants aligned with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, an offshoot of al Qaeda) resulted in the capture of Mosul and Tikrit by ISIL earlier today.

"Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city, was overrun -- Iraqi forces reportedly abandoning their posts, shedding their uniforms and dropping their weapons as they fled the ISIL attacks.

"Tikrit, about 135 miles closer to Baghdad, was attacked not long after, with little resistance -- and the AFP is reporting fighting now outside Samarra, only 70 miles north of the capital city.

"The attackers overran a military base, freed hundreds of prisoners, and have seized the Turkish consulate in Mosul, capturing and holding 50 Turkish citizens. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has promised to put a halt to the advances, and called on citizens to take up arms as well."

Iraqi Insurgents Capture Northern Cities, Move Toward Baghdad - In Focus - The Atlantic

Why tell them since the current occupant of the White House is the one who is all rah rah Arab Spring? :lol:

Only an idiot would think that any Arab unrest isn't Islamist and/or militant.

Forum List

Back