Decimated al Qaeda Captures Mosul & Tikrit Iraq

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Yup. al Qaeda has been decimated. And they just captured another Iraqi city.

2014-06-11T112559Z_1_LYNXMPEA5A0E2_RTROPTP_2_IRAQ-SECURITY.JPG

By Ghazwan Hassan

TIKRIT Iraq (Reuters) - Sunni rebels from an al Qaeda splinter group overran the Iraqi city of Tikrit on Wednesday and closed in on the biggest oil refinery in the country, making further gains in their rapid military advance against the Shi'ite-led government in Baghdad.

The threat to the Baiji refinery comes after militants from the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) seized the northern city of Mosul, advancing their aim of creating a Sunni Caliphate straddling the border between Iraq and Syria.

The fall of Mosul, Iraq's second biggest city, is a blow to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's attempts to defeat the militants, who have seized territory in Iraq over the past year following the withdrawal of U.S. forces.

About 500,000 Iraqis have fled Mosul, home to 2 million people, and the surrounding province, many seeking safety in the autonomous Kurdistan region.

Having also taken two small towns north of Baghdad, Dhiluiya and Yathrib, the insurgents are in control of between 10 and 15 pct of Iraqi territory, excluding Kurdistan, and have led many Iraqis to fear they have the capital, Baghdad, in their sights.

Security sources said ISIL militants on Wednesday drove more than 60 vehicles into Tikrit, the home town of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, which lies about 100 miles (160 km) north of Baghdad.

The militants occupied the provincial government headquarters and raised the black flag of ISIL.

Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

Last edited:
Ain't aq, boys. Need a quick study chart to know the players.

And how many troops do we have there?

And how many dead and wounded Americans?

Like that even matters now. All of that money and blood wasted by Obama.

The point is al Qaeda was there before and now they're back.

It doesn't matter a damn to a tussbucket like yourself because you act like Obama didn't lie that al Qaeda was toast, but instead they're winning big, and Obama's helping them. He's handing countries over to them on a silver platter.

The more you say the more you show yourself to be an ignorant stick in the mud that doesn't care about the truth anymore.

Last edited:

It doesn't matter a damn to a tussbucket like yourself because you act like Obama didn't lie that al Qaeda was toast, but instead they're winning big, and Obama's helping them. He's handing countries over to them on a silver platter.

The more you say the more you show yourself to be an ignorant stick in the mud that doesn't care about the truth anymore.

Money and blood wasted by Obama???

Are you fucking kidding me?

Please tell us how much more money and blood you'd like for us to keep wasting there.

Please tell us how much more money and blood you'd like for us to keep wasting there.

I counter your ignorant response with; How much more blood will be spilled elsewhere once al Qaeda has their own country or countries? These fuckers were able to plan 911 from tents in the desert.

Just imagine a world war that nobody escapes from. You won't be able to watch Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty, because it will spread here as well. You won't be able to afford the electricity.

Obama wants unrest in the Middle East to drive up the price of oil. He doesn't care that it will be worse than that.

Last edited:

I counter your ignorant response with; How much more blood will be spilled elsewhere once al Qaeda has their own country or countries? These fuckers were able to plan 911 from tents in the desert.

Just imagine a world war that nobody escapes from. You won't be able to watch Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty, because it will spread here as well. You won't be able to afford the electricity.

Obama wants unrest in the Middle East to drive up the price of oil. He doesn't care that it will be worse than that.

You forgot to tell me how much more blood and money we should waste there.

Keep in mind China, Russia, and all the other countries you don't like will be getting fat while we fight a bunch of religious lunatics, completely surrounded by other religious lunatics.

Obama couldn't be a bigger friend to AQ and the Muslim Brotherhood if he tried. It can;t be by accident, it HAS to be intentional

Not al Qaeda, who might it be then?

ISIS
They're so extreme that Al Qaeda won't have anything to do with them.

Al-Qaeda disavows any ties with radical Islamist ISIS group in Syria, Iraq - The Washington Post

Thank you. Now we can pretend ISIS does not wish the US or our interests any harm? Not likely.

20,000 dead, 50,000 wounded, $3 trillion, China gains influence, Russia gains influence, communism spreads through South America, our Allies turn further away from us...

Is that a reasonable price to pay? Will that make conservatives in America happy?

You'll get to wave your flags and pretend to give a fuck about soldiers the whole time as a perk! Sound good?

"Decimated" means reduced by 10%. That leaves, if everyone were suddenly telling the truth (bloody unlikely, but there you are) then 90% are still out there to romp at will. But now they have the advantage of our fearless (no sense; no fear) leader having sent five of their finest strategists back to their loving arms.

And 150 of 500 ones Bu sh released.

Henry, are you really a neo-con? Do you really believe the return of Jesus is imminent?

We can't let people like you anywhere near the levers of power in government: we have suffered so much already from folks who think like you.

I will vote Rand Paul if I get the chance.

You forgot to tell me how much more blood and money we should waste there.

Keep in mind China, Russia, and all the other countries you don't like will be getting fat while we fight a bunch of religious lunatics, completely surrounded by other religious lunatics.

The problem is there is no good options. There's only poor options and extremely terrible options.

These people are a stain on the planet. Yes, religious fanatics. And what's hilarious is YOU SEEM TO LIKE WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!! You support them with your silence on the matter and complaining about what was done is just another form of facilitation.

You could care less about all of the murder and genocide that's taking place.

Hastag this bs. Everyone has forgotten about those girls now because they've moved on. Kidnapping girls is just a symptom of the evil that is going on all over that part of the world. The ramification of doing nothing is worse than what you so greatly despise. You just figure as long as it doesn't effect you personally, it doesn't matter. But it won't be long before it will effect everything in your life.

You ignorant tools literally make me sick to my stomach.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back